Mafia forum off season chat thread

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

"OK guys, this is your chance to show how good your mafia community is!  We want the best and brightest!  Who are you sending?"

"The most ridiculous person we have."

"............Oh."

A couple years ago I was asked to go specifically to be an a$$hole to them.

7 minutes ago, CTM said:

reminds me of s few years ago when ape was sniffing around being nommed, we really sent him to terrorize the community but he thought it was because we thought he was good

oh, ninja'd.... no, you dipsh*t, i knew what i was supposed to do... touting it like a badge of honor back here is table stakes for dooshbaggery... 

• Upvote 3

Having played there in 2 of the 3 seasons (once for DM and once for JN), I can say that it is pretty solid mafia play.  Some of the reps clearly come from communities that aren't quite as "advanced" in mafia as others, and some come from communities that are essentially best in class.

A good mix of people & players, and nobody is really a douche.  There are a few, but you'll get those everywhere when enough people congregate.  If we don't want to send a player we think would do a solid job, then we shouldn't send anybody.

In my opinion, CTM is our best overall player.  If he is willing to go, then he should 100%.  If not, then let's just see who is willing and then vote from there.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

I would throw Hess's name in. The guy is sneaky good and craaaaaazzzy enough to still represent our local meta 

3 minutes ago, StraightCash said:

Would love to watch CTM go play pied piper to a bunch of Mafia savants 

Either of these make sense.  CTM is like Rick Pitino (disgusting, grotesque monster) and Hess is like Billy Donovan.  Donovan comes from the Pitino coaching tree.  Hess credits CTM for being the player he was influenced most by when he started playing. 

2 hours ago, Verbal said:

Having played there in 2 of the 3 seasons (once for DM and once for JN), I can say that it is pretty solid mafia play.  Some of the reps clearly come from communities that aren't quite as "advanced" in mafia as others, and some come from communities that are essentially best in class.

A good mix of people & players, and nobody is really a douche.  There are a few, but you'll get those everywhere when enough people congregate.  If we don't want to send a player we think would do a solid job, then we shouldn't send anybody.

In my opinion, CTM is our best overall player.  If he is willing to go, then he should 100%.  If not, then let's just see who is willing and then vote from there.

Dan x would be my choice but not happening.  All CTM would do is ruin it. Because as you know....

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Verbal said:

I've never participated but I don't think I'm incorrect in saying it would be a massive time sink for anyone involved. IIRC CTM doesn't always have time to devote to mafia like some of us do (or used to...). While he may arguably be one of the better players here he might not actually have the time to play to his full capacity. Just sayin.

@CTM up to you. Got a lot of free time lately?

As much as I'd love to represent our wonderfully dysfunctional little community of eunuchs, twinks, fatties, hippies, apes, landscapers, emo queens, sociopaths, derps, dopes, dirtbags and w/e the **** bretturd is.. the time commitment is just to great and I couldn't do it justice

how about  @Nynaeve or @Hess

1 hour ago, CTM said:

As much as I'd love to represent our wonderfully dysfunctional little community of eunuchs, twinks, fatties, hippies, apes, landscapers, emo queens, sociopaths, derps, dopes, dirtbags and w/e the **** bretturd is.. the time commitment is just to great and I couldn't do it justice

how about  @Nynaeve or @Hess

If it was Nyn you would have to read anyways so you could tell her what to do.

i vote @Hess too

and would also support Nyn ?

16 hours ago, CTM said:

Why did you list Pac like 9 times there?

• Upvote 2

Hi guys

Remember that games will be from late April to June. So if you have time in June, you would still be able to participate.

Also, we will be doing at least one and maybe several games with 72/24 phases for reps used to slower paces, if that would help. The representative should still be okay with 36/12 phases though if they qualified for the finale.

• 2 weeks later...

Um somehow this actually happened, so um help? I need a bio for the championship game thing. 

BIO:
[Insert whatever information or fun facts that you wish here. Talk about your mafia-related accolades, impressive stats, fun anecdotes, favorite role to play, strengths and weaknesses, your approach to the game, other players' quotes about you, or take out the piss on the whole thing and make some jokes. The ball is entirely in your court, this will be how you present yourself to your fellow competitors and to the 136 spectating communities.

Feel free to enlist the help of your community to make this bio]

On 4/18/2016 at 2:06 PM, Leelou said:

Um somehow this actually happened, so um help? I need a bio for the championship game thing. 

BIO:
[Insert whatever information or fun facts that you wish here. Talk about your mafia-related accolades, impressive stats, fun anecdotes, favorite role to play, strengths and weaknesses, your approach to the game, other players' quotes about you, or take out the piss on the whole thing and make some jokes. The ball is entirely in your court, this will be how you present yourself to your fellow competitors and to the 136 spectating communities.

Feel free to enlist the help of your community to make this bio]

You made the greatest insult name for someone, so...

...there's that.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2016 at 8:31 PM, CTM said:

Just watched princess bride with my daughters, first time they've seen. 9 and 11. They LOVED it.

Anyway, really thought it was interesting how much changes in a generation. The scene in the woods, where the rat attacks Wesley and Buttercup, fairly standard protocol for when I was growing up.. guy fights the monster to save the girl while the girl screams. Really never blinked an eye at it, anyway, my girls were watching and had a completely different reaction and completely different than either of my sisters reaction when we were young. They both started yelling at the TV attack the monster! Help him! What are you doing!! What's wrong with her Daddy! They expected the women to fight back, and in this case save the man.  

Pretty neat seeing a real life example of how culture/arts influence young minds perceptions of themselves and their capabilities.

This. I'm already seeing this in my daughter. I love it.

• Upvote 1

On April 29, 2016 at 8:31 PM, CTM said:

Just watched princess bride with my daughters, first time they've seen. 9 and 11. They LOVED it.

Anyway, really thought it was interesting how much changes in a generation. The scene in the woods, where the rat attacks Wesley and Buttercup, fairly standard protocol for when I was growing up.. guy fights the monster to save the girl while the girl screams. Really never blinked an eye at it, anyway, my girls were watching and had a completely different reaction and completely different than either of my sisters reaction when we were young. They both started yelling at the TV attack the monster! Help him! What are you doing!! What's wrong with her Daddy! They expected the women to fight back, and in this case save the man.  

Pretty neat seeing a real life example of how culture/arts influence young minds perceptions of themselves and their capabilities.

Daughters are to raised to be warrior princess.  That is why my favorite Disney movie is Mulan.  Girls Dan be badasses too.  The old stereotype of helpless woman to be saved is insulting.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I'm easing my way back into mafia by modding a game on DM.

The theme is the Disney movie Frozen.

I know most of you don't want to play there but if anyone is just itching for a game it's in sign ups now.

4 hours ago, Nolder said:

Hey guys I'm easing my way back into mafia by modding a game on DM.

The theme is the Disney movie Frozen.

I know most of you don't want to play there but if anyone is just itching for a game it's in sign ups now.

I'm the Aaron Hernandez of Nolder games. Thank you for thinking about us.    Hope to see you playing again here soon. 

• Upvote 2