Leelou

Mafia forum off season chat thread

Spiderman just made an appearance in the thread.  Time to show them how we do sh*t on JN.

:love0040:

Awesome.  Great, great town, especially (I can only imagine) if you don't keep kosher and get to eat all the local food.  I will say this - if you can play poker a bit, the Harrah's there has some great tables.  It's mostly tourists, so I've never lost when I play there.

I most definitely do not keep Kosher. :)

I actually didn't know that there was kosher beer. But seeing as I don't enjoy regular beer, i doubt I'd feel any different about a kosher beer.

Oh there is. It's not um pleasant. 

I literally have no idea what product you drank, but im intrigued

I'd have to ask. It had a very odd aftertaste. 

To be fair, put the two together and it becomes LauLu, which is close

LOL true

Oh wings sound good! I should make some of those for dinner. 

And thanks! :)

Just had gallbladder surgery. I'm home and feeling pretty good. There's some pain, of course, but I have pills for that.

Feel better!

Aye...forum upgrade will take some getting use to.  Looks like the quote feature may be upgraded a bit

Thanks! :D

I think the quoting thing is starting to work now? 

I lived there for 16 years. What do you need to know?

I'm visiting for my first time, what should I see/do? 

Oh. Hmmmm. I know if I went back the first thing I would do is go to the coast. There is this store in Seaside, OR that sells the best salt water taffy. The zoo is a good one, too. Multnomah Falls is beautiful and has nice hiking trails. That's a bit East of Portland. In Portland itself, there isn't that much. I can check with friends who still live there, if you want more. 

cool, thanks!

I don't think I got enough sleep, because this amused me on the flight. 

Hmm I'll repost the image. It was a login thing with the code "smc" in it. 

image.jpg

Edited by Leelou

Doughnuts are a big deal out there, like as big a deal as skinny jeans, flannel shirts and fancy mustaches. If you want good doughnuts, get Blue Star. Voodoo is the one that gets all the buzz, and has been on food network. Trust me, their doughnuts are novelty. Blue Star doughnuts are high-end desserts. 

If you end up bar-hopping, you can't go wrong. Lots of good dive bars, where you can drink PBR tall boy cans... or high end whiskey. There's a place call the Southland Whiskey Kitchen that is one of my favorite places for brown liquor and smoked meat (bbq). 

This.

Get a rental car, drive to the coast. There's a log cabin style diner place on the way... I cannot remember the name, but people recommend it, stop there for food... you won't regret. Then go see the haystack rocks on Cannon Beach (from Goonies). I brought my wife out a couple years ago, when she was pregnant with our first. :)

I'm actually trying to get a job out there right now. Applied to a few places and hoping to hear back soon. 

Congrats!! 

I'm moving across the country! In like 7 weeks. 

Mafia just ended about a month or so ago, but I'm sure we'll all message you when a game is starting! 

That's exciting! :) Where are you moving to?

I'm moving to Portland, OR. :) 

• Upvote 2

What made you decide to move across country, Leelou? Portland is beautiful and much less snow. I think you'll like it there. 

Less snow, new start, I really loved it there. 

How did the move go?

Decent. Only a bit of snow. Tomorrow is apt day and then the joys of finding furniture. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company