Mafia forum off season chat thread

I have to put a background on the tank because he keeps seeing his reflection and wanting to fight.

I also want to put the loach back in but I just know that mother****er will keep going in the filter.

Maybe if I get a different kind of filter I'll put him back in eventually.

For now he's doing ok in a different tank.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

why did we send our worst player to represent us?   oh, it's a jets fan site, we're supposed to embarrass ourselves

Hi everyone!! Our baby girl, Elizabeth Christine, arrived last week! We are so in love with everything about her. I want to post a few pictures but don't want to leave them up forever here. How long

Finished officer course... got my new shiny pin ūüėÉ ¬† ¬†

Posted Images

@Fibonacci

Mafia, or "teh mafia goodness" as we call it, is an online forum-based game based on the card-based party game Werewolf.

It is based on team play, and dependent on logic, deception and collaboration.

Games and setups can vary. The premise is that there is a town (good team) and a mafia (scum, bad team). There can be 3rd party individuals or teams, depending on the size of the game. The team sizes are depended upon the total participants in the game. (e.g. if there are 12 total players, you can expect 8 to be town, 4 to be scum)

Certain players on both teams have roles. The roles can range from being protective, investigative, or have other mechanisms. Roles amongst the teams need to balance out with each other, so as not to give either team too much advantage.

Game play takes place in the forum, usually in one thread. It is moderated by a non-participating member of our mafia community. Scum teams know who their members are, and can talk to each other in a private thread. Town players don't know who is who. So, the game is about the town rooting out who is scum, who is not. Players make cases for why they think someone is scum, and vote them. Voting leads to a lynch. This all takes place during the day phase.

During the night phase, players get to use their roles (or powers). They submit actions to the moderator, who administers and delivers results.

Games usually involve a fair amount of logic, memory, cunning, strategy and insults. As you get to know everyone, you get to that point where you can break each others chops. The camaraderie is strong. Games are usually based on something thematically tied to pop culture.

Join in!

• Upvote 1
59 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

@Fibonacci

Mafia, or "teh mafia goodness" as we call it, is an online forum-based game based on the card-based party game Werewolf.

It is based on team play, and dependent on logic, deception and collaboration.

Games and setups can vary. The premise is that there is a town (good team) and a mafia (scum, bad team). There can be 3rd party individuals or teams, depending on the size of the game. The team sizes are depended upon the total participants in the game. (e.g. if there are 12 total players, you can expect 8 to be town, 4 to be scum)

Certain players on both teams have roles. The roles can range from being protective, investigative, or have other mechanisms. Roles amongst the teams need to balance out with each other, so as not to give either team too much advantage.

Game play takes place in the forum, usually in one thread. It is moderated by a non-participating member of our mafia community. Scum teams know who their members are, and can talk to each other in a private thread. Town players don't know who is who. So, the game is about the town rooting out who is scum, who is not. Players make cases for why they think someone is scum, and vote them. Voting leads to a lynch. This all takes place during the day phase.

During the night phase, players get to use their roles (or powers). They submit actions to the moderator, who administers and delivers results.

Games usually involve a fair amount of logic, memory, cunning, strategy and insults. As you get to know everyone, you get to that point where you can break each others chops. The camaraderie is strong. Games are usually based on something thematically tied to pop culture.

Join in!

Thanks Ape

Please give me a week as I am traveling until Tuesday. After that I will read all the rules and join in. 

Thanks for accepting me to the group. 

• Upvote 2
Just now, Fibonacci said:

Thanks Ape

Please give me a week as I am traveling until Tuesday. After that I will read all the rules and join in. 

Thanks for accepting me to the group. 

Cool. We've got a game in-progress, and usually do 1 game at a time. We'll make sure we ping you when signups start for the next game. You should definitely try it.

• Upvote 1

I realize it's a little dumb to have a bunch of couple tetras since they are schooling fish but I chose tetras since they're small and I like variety.

So instead of getting six of one kind of tetra now I have different stuff to look at.

That might not be for everyone though.

• 1 month later...

@The Crusher I had to move my desk to a different side of the room which meant moving my tank. I wasn't very delicate and slopped water around and both of my tetras died. Now my Cory catfish are sitting around like they're dead but if I smack the glass they move a bit and then go back to being stunned. Do you think they're going to die or should I just leave them alone and wait for them to snap out of it? They used to be really active most of the time now they're just sitting there like statues.

48 minutes ago, Nolder said:

@The Crusher I had to move my desk to a different side of the room which meant moving my tank. I wasn't very delicate and slopped water around and both of my tetras died. Now my Cory catfish are sitting around like they're dead but if I smack the glass they move a bit and then go back to being stunned. Do you think they're going to die or should I just leave them alone and wait for them to snap out of it? They used to be really active most of the time now they're just sitting there like statues.

You scared the piss out of them. They may die or may not. Don't feed them for a couple days, do a 30% water change , put a double dose of stress cost in and make sure tank is warm . Keep the light off in the tank. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, The Crusher said:

You scared the piss out of them. They may die or may not. Don't feed them for a couple days, do a 30% water change , put a double dose of stress cost in and make sure tank is warm . Keep the light off in the tank. 

Well I already fed them and there is flakes laying in the gravel if they want to eat but ok I wont feed for a couple days. I did about a 50% water change which is how I was able to move the tank in the first place. I just turned the light off thanks for the tip.

I think one of the cats is going to die and I think the other one is going to survive. 

With the light off one is just sitting there like a zombie while the other one moves around every 5 minutes or so.