Mafia forum off season chat thread

Toss him in the friend zone and be done with it.  Next time your with him ask him to hold your purse while you go talk to a guy you think is attractive. He'll get the hint and realize he is nothing more than a friend.,  Your welcome.   DCL

You know...I don't think I've ever done that to my friend zoned friends. Well at least the hold my purse bit. 

You know...I don't think I've ever done that to my friend zoned friends. Well at least the hold my purse bit. 

All woman leave their friends to talk to a dude that might have a shot at it that not.  It's when the clockblocker of the group starts the countdown to planning her interuption as soon as home boy hits his groove and you open up your stance. Clockblockers are solid on their reads.

Toss him in the friend zone and be done with it.  Next time your with him ask him to hold your purse while you go talk to a guy you think is attractive. He'll get the hint and realize he is nothing more than a friend.,  Your welcome.   DCL

I wouldn't have him hold your purse - it says, "I trust you with my intimate belongings" too much. Nut jobs, the clueless and/or the desperate don't interpret things the way normal folks do. He'll take it as a positive signal. 

• Upvote 1

I was supposed to get together with Vic last time I was out in Portland, but my company plans huge after-work social events every single night when I'm out there. So, I couldn't make it happen. 

Haven't seen him around or heard from him since. I know he had just gone in as a partner in a new cross-fit gym, business ownership + 2nd child might explain him falling off the map. Would be nice if he came kickin' around again.

I miss Vic

Vic is glad he missed the ape get together

Evvery mafia game here use to be full of awesome.  Lately it felt more like work than play.  Not sure if it;s the missing "old school" players or the game itself just got boring.  Personally I have 0 desire to play.  Hopefully time will change that. 

pretend mafia is a plate of bacon and stfu you fat sob

I wouldn't have him hold your purse - it says, "I trust you with my intimate belongings" too much. Nut jobs, the clueless and/or the desperate don't interpret things the way normal folks do. He'll take it as a positive signal. 

Professor Apesh*t is correct on that one, sorry Dr. Crushlove.

Not true and no.  A woman purse is "personal" not "intimate."  Filled with bunch of make up, hair ties and feminine napkins.  Like asking a friend to hold your gym bag.  Shows that she has no interest in you being anything more than a friend and pretty much cares less what you think of her.  Husbands who only get it by "behaving" and friends hold purses.  DCL

Not true and no.  A woman purse is "personal" not "intimate."  Filled with bunch of make up, hair ties and feminine napkins.  Like asking a friend to hold your gym bag.  Shows that she has no interest in you being anything more than a friend and pretty much cares less what you think of her.  Husbands who only get it by "behaving" and friends hold purses.  DCL

I stand by what I said.

The creepy nutjobs of the world don't process things the way DCL preaches them. A nutjob being given the purse doesn't think "she's not interested in me, she's going to talk to that other guy", he thinks "she trusts me with her stuff, and she's playing hard to get".

What you said is true in movies, chick flicks mostly. I'm talking about the real world where 50% of our self-important society needs to be medicated.

My purse also has gloves, scarves, sunglasses and tons of random stuff in it. 

I stand by what I said.

The creepy nutjobs of the world don't process things the way DCL preaches them. A nutjob being given the purse doesn't think "she's not interested in me, she's going to talk to that other guy", he thinks "she trusts me with her stuff, and she's playing hard to get".

What you said is true in movies, chick flicks mostly. I'm talking about the real world where 50% of our self-important society needs to be medicated.

The bolded is true. I've dealt with a few nutjobs who don't know when to leave me alone (I've had to block a few people out of my life). Also, guys seem to get turned on and think I'm playing hard to get when I say **** off, I'm not interested. 

I stand by what I said.

So a guy that wants to be more than friends with Leelou is automatically a nutjob?  Just cause some dude crushes hard on a honey and not sure how to act does not make him a nut job.  Just bad at it. 

My purse also has gloves, scarves, sunglasses and tons of random stuff in it. 

The bolded is true. I've dealt with a few nutjobs who don't know when to leave me alone (I've had to block a few people out of my life). Also, guys seem to get turned on and think I'm playing hard to get when I say **** off, I'm not interested. 

Sounds far from intimate.  Sounds personal. Ape is DEAD wrong.

Of course never give a nut job your purse but if you and the dude hang and he steps into the friend zone then he hold your purse and listen to you talk about other guys he will get the hint. 

The last step of friends zoning him is to become his friend and try and help him correct his game to get other woman. It's a trade off not a bad thing. 

So a guy that wants to be more than friends with Leelou is automatically a nutjob?  Just cause some dude crushes hard on a honey and not sure how to act does not make him a nut job.  Just bad at it. 

That isn't what I said.

Your point of view on this is as if everyone in the world is noble and well-intentioned. A decent, respectable person might take the signaling you are suggesting the way you mean, and get the message.  Problem is, there's a lot of wack-a-doos out there that won't. Asking a dude that isn't right in the noodle to hold her stuff, is going to be misinterpreted. 

Like I said, your approach is great - in a world where there's more guys like you and I - or in a chickflick - but in real life, too many crazy assholes.

Sounds far from intimate.  Sounds personal. Ape is DEAD wrong.

Of course never give a nut job your purse but if you and the dude hang and he steps into the friend zone then he hold your purse and listen to you talk about other guys he will get the hint. 

The last step of friends zoning him is to become his friend and try and help him correct his game to get other woman. It's a trade off not a bad thing. 

Sorry bud, your advice on this is naive. Not necessarily wrong or bad, I'm not arrogant enough to say that because every circumstance is different, but it's definitely naive.

I was an extremely insecure kid in high school. I let the girl I wanted put me in the friend zone, even hook me up with her friend, my plan was to treat the friend great so she'd tell the girl I actually wanted about it - and get me the girl I wanted in the long run. Not necessarily a "nutjob", but certainly illogical in how I interpreted the signaling. 

Anyway, I'm not going to pursue arguing with you about it. I know you get uppity when DCL's word is called into question. 

He's like def con 4 clinger nut job. Took my friend bitching him out to leave me alone since he wasn't listening to me. 

I'd go with the Ape on this one. If the guy is a nutjob, things like that might just encourage him. If he isn't, he should get the signals soon anyway.

Also, texting at 6am? Seriously?

I would expect nothing else.

>.> Salami's scum - following the Ape. 

That isn't what I said.

Your point of view on this is as if everyone in the world is noble and well-intentioned. A decent, respectable person might take the signaling you are suggesting the way you mean, and get the message.  Problem is, there's a lot of wack-a-doos out there that won't. Asking a dude that isn't right in the noodle to hold her stuff, is going to be misinterpreted. 

Like I said, your approach is great - in a world where there's more guys like you and I - or in a chickflick - but in real life, too many crazy assholes.

I was assuming Leelou felt comfortable with this dude in a "safety" sense. If not then my advice is useless.

Sorry bud, your advice on this is naive. Not necessarily wrong or bad, I'm not arrogant enough to say that because every circumstance is different, but it's definitely naive.

I was an extremely insecure kid in high school. I let the girl I wanted put me in the friend zone, even hook me up with her friend, my plan was to treat the friend great so she'd tell the girl I actually wanted about it - and get me the girl I wanted in the long run. Not necessarily a "nutjob", but certainly illogical in how I interpreted the signaling. 

Anyway, I'm not going to pursue arguing with you about it. I know you get uppity when DCL's word is called into question. 

So you banged her friend instead of her?  DCL calls that win.