Mafia forum off season chat thread

2 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Off topic question for everyone:

Do you ever make yourself laugh so much that you think, am I really this funny or am I just loosing my damn mind?

I have very corny humor and I amuse myself. I think as long as you’re not talking to yourself you’re not going crazy. 

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

My propensity for self loathing keeps me in check. 

Thats a weird way to say I usually have a bratwurst or other processed meat in my mouth so I'm not cracking jokes or laughing at all

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How did you know I'm a righty?  Creep. 

First of all, most people are right handed so a pure shot in the dark would lead me to guess Right handed

Additionally, lefties have a dominant right hand side of brain which is responsible for creativity. Your handle alone of JetFan80 would suggest the absence of creativity + the systematic way you chronicle women in your little faptravaganza thread would indicate a more systematic mind.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CTM said:

First of all, most people are right handed so a pure shot in the dark would lead me to guess Right handed

Additionally, lefties have a dominant right hand side of brain which is responsible for creativity. Your handle alone of JetFan80 would suggest the absence of creativity + the systematic way you chronicle women in your little faptravaganza thread would indicate a more systematic mind.

WOW . 

image.png

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CTM said:

This is a myth.  The 2 hemispheres aren't separate entities with one "dominating".  There's a corpus callosum connecting them to help the hemispheres communicate. 

The hemispheres control movement in the other side of the body, sure, but that does not mean you can apply it across the board on all hemisphere activities. 

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is a myth.  The 2 hemispheres aren't separate entities with one "dominating".  There's a corpus callosum connecting them to help the hemispheres communicate. 

The hemispheres control movement in the other side of the body, sure, but that does not mean you can apply it across the board on all hemisphere activities. 

Lol, I was only joking.  Not a total myth though, just not as ridgidly defined as it used to be thought. In aggregate there are measurable differences between left and right handed folks 

Semi - related and cool

Cutting the ability to communicate used to be done as epilepsy treatments which you can now see the two brains preferences in experiments

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

Lol, I was only joking.  Not a total myth though, just not as ridgidly defined as it used to be thought. In aggregate there are measurable differences between left and right handed folks 

Semi - related and cool

Cutting the ability to communicate used to be done as epilepsy treatments which you can now see the two brains preferences in experiments

The human brain is truly fascinating.

It's also the only entity in the known Universe that is aware of its own existence. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The human brain is truly fascinating.

It's also the only entity in the known Universe that is aware of its own existence. 

or it's the universes way of observing itself, emergence and all.. but yea.. we understand less about it than we do how the universe started.

• Upvote 1

On 8/22/2018 at 8:17 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

What does it mean when you’re ambidextrous?

• Upvote 1

My dog had a really bad day yesterday, I wasn't sure if I was going to be taking him to the vets this morning. Yesterday he didn't want to get up at all, he was extremely shaky, I had to walk next to him supporting him, and didn't want to eat much. I got him to eat some wet food last night and just cuddled with him and made sure his breathing was fine. This morning he got up on his own, went looking for his food and ate it all and is walking around without me having to stabilize him. Dogs getting old sucks. :(

On the whole dog subject both my fur balls get bad skin allergies in the summer. They’re shedding garbage bags of hair everyday and I feel like it’s never ending. The Vet said all we can do is put the cream Benadryl on them to have them relax. But they’re still scratching and hurting themselves. 

Next yr I’m shaving them like Teddy Bears they’re 5 yrs old 

On 8/24/2018 at 8:24 AM, GATA said:

On the whole dog subject both my fur balls get bad skin allergies in the summer. They’re shedding garbage bags of hair everyday and I feel like it’s never ending. The Vet said all we can do is put the cream Benadryl on them to have them relax. But they’re still scratching and hurting themselves. 

Next yr I’m shaving them like Teddy Bears they’re 5 yrs old 

My german shepherd used to get horrible skin allergies. Here are some tips that helped us.

1. Adding organic apple cider vinegar to her food really helped for a while, although she did eventually develop an allergic reaction to it after about 3-4 years. Warning, though, the acid may wear down their teeth, but if you get them brushed it should be fine.

2. Giving them a witch hazel bath can really soothe their skin. It smells funky, but you can find products that smell nicer online.

4. Try to stay away from any steroids and immunosuppresants that the vet may prescribe for chronic itching/allergies, because they end up doing more harm in the long run.

3. If your doggies' problems ever get worse, or become year-around issues (like my dog's) then there is a supplement regimen called "Nzymes". It truly worked wonders for my dog and is the reason she was able to live comfortably for as long as she did.

• Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

My german shepherd used to get horrible skin allergies. Here are some tips that helped us.

1. Adding organic apple cider vinegar to her food really helped for a while, although she did eventually develop an allergic reaction to it after about 3-4 years. Warning, though, the acid may wear down their teeth, but if you get them brushed it should be fine.

2. Giving them a witch hazel bath can really soothe their skin. It smells funky, but you can find products that smell nicer online.

4. Try to stay away from any steroids and immunosuppresants that the vet may prescribe for chronic itching/allergies, because they end up doing more harm in the long run.

3. If your doggies' problems ever get worse, or become year-around issues (like my dog's) then there is a supplement regimen called "Nzymes". It truly worked wonders for my dog and is the reason she was able to live comfortably for as long as she did.

Benedryl

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

Thanks I'm going to try these 2, it's really been this summer. I've never seen their allergies this bad. Fortunately, once the weather gets back to cold they should be fine.

41 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Benedryl

They are covered in it daily because of how much it itches