Mafia forum off season chat thread

3 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

My german shepherd used to get horrible skin allergies. Here are some tips that helped us.

1. Adding organic apple cider vinegar to her food really helped for a while, although she did eventually develop an allergic reaction to it after about 3-4 years. Warning, though, the acid may wear down their teeth, but if you get them brushed it should be fine.

which toothpaste brand and any specific brush?

Update, for those that care!

It's sunny now in Raleigh, the storm has finally passed.  But all roads entering Wilmington are still closed, and the Cape Fear River (Wilmington sits between that river and the Atlantic Ocean) is not expected to crest until tomorrow.  So I won't be returning home until Wednesday, the earliest.

A friend drove by the house we're renting the other day and reported no flooding and only minimal damage to part of the fence.  But that could still change.

Other friends weren't so lucky.  A buddy of mine has a big old hole in his roof, fallen trees knocked into the house, etc.  But no one got hurt, and that's all that matters in the end. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's sunny now in Raleigh, the storm has finally passed.  But all roads entering Wilmington are still closed, and the Cape Fear River (Wilmington sits between that river and the Atlantic Ocean) is not expected to crest until tomorrow.  So I won't be returning home until Wednesday, the earliest.

A friend drove by the house we're renting the other day and reported no flooding and only minimal damage to part of the fence.  But that could still change.

Other friends weren't so lucky.  A buddy of mine has a big old hole in his roof, fallen trees knocked into the house, etc.  But no one got hurt, and that's all that matters in the end. 

That's great! I hope you guys find nothing more was damaged.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Glad to hear that it doesn't sound as bad as it could've been. Woulda been a bad omen if as soon as your fiancé moved all her stuff into your place, it all got washed away.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Great to hear you’re all safe and not much damage to your place!

Sorry to hear about your friend’s house though! 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Can someone fill me in on what the Mafia game is? @Jetsfan80 told me to check it out. 

Mafia is a party game created by Dmitry Davidoff in 1986[2] modelling a conflict between an informed minority, the mafia, and an uninformed majority, the innocents. At the start of the game, each player is secretly assigned a role affiliated with one of these teams. The game has two alternating phases: night, during which the mafia may covertly "murder" an innocent, and day, in which surviving players debate the identities of the mafia and vote to eliminate a suspect. Play continues until all of the mafia have been eliminated or until the mafia outnumbers the innocents.

On 2/21/2018 at 8:44 AM, Nolder said:

There are two teams. One team doesn't know who's on their team while the other team is smaller but they know who their team is. Both teams vote to kill someone during one part of the game. In the other part the small team chooses someone to kill by themselves. Big team tries to get of the little team before they're all dead and little team tries to survive long enough to take control of the vote with their numbers, thus winning the game because they can no longer be voted to death.

On 2/21/2018 at 11:04 AM, Nolder said:

ATTENTION NEW PEOPLE!!

Here is a Wiki (like Wikipedia) for the game of Mafia that you can browse at your leisure or to look up specific terms, roles, strategy, etc as they come up

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

Here is another general overview of the game

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Game_of_Mafia

Alternatively here's a Flash overview

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/610087

Not as necessary but still useful is this list of commonly used abbreviations, not all of them are common to JN

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Commonly_Used_Abbreviations 

And finally here's a list of Frequently Asked Questions with Answers

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Frequently_Asked_Questions

• WTF? 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Note that we're currently in the "offseason", as we usually don't play much when the Jets are playing.  But I'm sure some non-football watchers and a few others might be willing to run a "beginner game" so you can get acclimated.

Thanks. I appreciate the invite but I'm going to pass on this one.

• Haha 1

On 9/17/2018 at 4:40 PM, Spoot-Face said:

Glad to hear that it doesn't sound as bad as it could've been. Woulda been a bad omen if as soon as your fiancé moved all her stuff into your place, it all got washed away.

Nothing has gotten wet at 80s place in 36 years, it's a veritable Sahara over there 

• Haha 3