Mehta: Idzik and Rex decide it's Geno's team

T0mShane

Not for nothing but you simply can't read \ believe anything that Manish writes.  He is so biased for his personal interests it makes things cloudy.

Unless he happens to write a piece of trash that supports the opinion certain someones are desperately trying to pass off as facts on the board. Then it's state's evidence. 

But for the rest of us, +1.  He's gone completely off the rails, been called out and now he's frantically trying to squeeze more crap out so he can get his page views up and keep his job.

Geno could be the best thing that's happened to Rex.

If he's good hell keep his job. If he's awful(likely) he can say I told you so....especially if the defense is good again.

Sanchez is lose lose for Rex.

I think you got it right here. If they start Smith and he's terrible, Idzik can take part of the blame for the final record. Its up to Rex to manage all of this and not look stupid. If he can manage that, I think they'll extend him for another year or 2.

I think the #1 priority for the game plan will be to not call any pass plays on Revis's side of the field.

How nice would it be to see Cumberland pancake Revis on a run play?

Not gonna lie.. I want to test Revis. Worst case, when he torches us I can come here and bitch about how stupid our play caller is for throwing at Revis.

I think the #1 priority for the game plan will be to not call any pass plays on Revis's side of the field.

How nice would it be to see Cumberland pancake Revis on a run play?

I despise Revis.  It wouldn't bother me if every single pass was thrown to Revis' side of the field.  He can't keep up with either Hill or Gates on fly routes.  With some pick routes to scrape off Revis, I'd love to test his knee and see how sore it is and/or how it holds up.  It wouldn't bother me if he came to make a stop on a run play and somebody went after his knees on a block.   He's dead to me.

I despise Revis.  It wouldn't bother me if every single pass was thrown to Revis' side of the field.  He can't keep up with either Hill or Gates on fly routes.  With some pick routes to scrape off Revis, I'd love to test his knee and see how sore it is and/or how it holds up.  It wouldn't bother me if he came to make a stop on a run play and somebody went after his knees on a block.   He's dead to me.

He might be dead to you, but that doesn't mean you all of a sudden forget how awesome that man really is at what he does.  If he can keep up with Calvin Johnson, and hold him to 1 catch in an entire game, then Stephen Hill is like covering my 19 month old son please.

Or you want to Lay Down for the Clown then I totally understand the statement.

He might be dead to you, but that doesn't mean you all of a sudden forget how awesome that man really is at what he does.  If he can keep up with Calvin Johnson, and hold him to 1 catch in an entire game, then Stephen Hill is like covering my 19 month old son please.

Or you want to Lay Down for the Clown then I totally understand the statement.

That was pre-injury.  We don't know what he will be like now.  If there's ever a time to test him, it's now.  Revis was great, and still might be, but he was never that fast.  Hill has two things going for him...his speed and his height.  If he can accelerate out of his cuts and hold onto the ball, he can beat Revis for some catches on pure speed.  I'm not saying he'll dominate Revis or anything insane like that, just think he and/or Gates can possibly catch some big plays on Revis.

That was pre-injury.  We don't know what he will be like now.  If there's ever a time to test him, it's now.  Revis was great, and still might be, but he was never that fast.  Hill has two things going for him...his speed and his height.  If he can accelerate out of his cuts and hold onto the ball, he can beat Revis for some catches on pure speed.  I'm not saying he'll dominate Revis or anything insane like that, just think he and/or Gates can possibly catch some big plays on Revis.

Your smoking some serious drugs then my friend, enjoy, I am jealous.

Your smoking some serious drugs then my friend, enjoy, I am jealous.

How so?  Revis was never that fast.  It's a fact.  He made up for it in savvy, positioning, strength, skill and reading the plays.  Recovering from the surgery, he could be slowed down even more or not going full throttle yet.  I know that neither Hill nor Gates are that good, but you can't play afraid and just lay down.  That's ridiculous.

Never done drugs in my life.  Why do you think they call it dope?   :winking0001:

How so?  Revis was never that fast.  It's a fact.  He made up for it in savvy, positioning, strength, skill and reading the plays.  Recovering from the surgery, he could be slowed down even more or not going full throttle yet.  I know that neither Hill nor Gates are that good, but you can't play afraid and just lay down.  That's ridiculous.

Never done drugs in my life.  Why do you think they call it dope?   :winking0001:

I never argued with you about his speed, but I will bold the 3 things you said as to why NO ONE on the Jets will get the better of Revis if you threw at him all day, maybe a few catches, but if you throw 10+ balls Revis' way you will regret it.  Also it is a funny thing about how elite special players always seem to find enough speed to make the play each an every time it's needed, like D Sanders always said I am as fast as the guy I am covering every play, that is all I need to be, or something like that.  Also quoted speed numbers without equipment is overrated, you need to be fast with the pads on in REAL football action, something Revis IS regardless of what his 40 time says, and that is because of the bolded statements from your post, thanks for helping me prove my point.

laughing-nigger.gif

200x200px-ZC-d292f26b_black_guys_laughin

How so? Revis was never that fast. It's a fact. He made up for it in savvy, positioning, strength, skill and reading the plays. Recovering from the surgery, he could be slowed down even more or not going full throttle yet. I know that neither Hill nor Gates are that good, but you can't play afraid and just lay down. That's ridiculous.

Never done drugs in my life. Why do you think they call it dope? :winking0001:

Revis ran a 4.38/40 at pre-draft workouts and was timed at 4.1 on a dead sprint in one of the Pats games two years ago when he ran down (I forget who) to save a TD.

Uhhhhhhh what?

I mean.... Clyde Gates... Stephen Hill?  Seriously??? The guy has shut down Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson, Chad Johnson... But he cant even KEEP UP with Clyde F'n Gates? 

I understand that now that he plays for someone else you dislike him.. but lets not be retarded. Revis is amazing.. and he has wheels. Hill sucks, bad.

Here is why the jets are a mess ! Most teams decide something and move on . If they want geno to start then go ahead and say he's our guy but NO we have to pretend that it's open still!

Make the choice and move on !! If u cut mark u can stretch it out over 2 yrs I think so take our lumps now and move on

Here is why the jets are a mess ! Most teams decide something and move on . If they want geno to start then go ahead and say he's our guy but NO we have to pretend that it's open still!

Make the choice and move on !! If u cut mark u can stretch it out over 2 yrs I think so take our lumps now and move on

I think the choice has been made, they just don't want to announce it.  it will be obvious by who gets the reps tuesday or wednesday.  I think they dont mind the media obsessing over the QB's when they have a ton of issues

I really hope whatever the Jets choose they commit to it.  I'd hate to see a situation where Geno struggles which causes the Jets to panic and replace him with Sanchez within a few weeks.  We need to see what Geno has I think we will have a very high draft pick next year its crucial we learn if Geno has any potential or not.  I'd hate to see him be replaced then the Jets hesitate on getting a real QB in next years draft because the team switched to Sanchez and they don't have enough info on Geno.  I think Geno sucks, but I hope I'm wrong but with our 2-4 wins we should have a really good chance at a real QB next year.

Archived