Arena League Question For R44 and anyone else in the know

YJF

I've got The New York Dragons-Georgia Force on in the background. It's on Fox Sports Net right now.

Anyway, Jonathan Vilma is doing the game with Bob Wischusen. He's doing well.

Been watching this game to see the player you mentioned Troy Bergeron. He's looked good but the guy who has caught my eye is a former Jet.

Derek Lee WR/LB. Who was with The Jets in the preseason last year. He's 6'5 225 and he played at Tennessee Tech. Any info on him. He's got two touchdowns already.

He seems like a guy who is worth another look in training camp.

Derek Lee just made the most amazing one handed catch in the end zone. This kid looks good.

I'm probably the only human being on the planet watching this but there is actually some decent talent in this league. Atleast in this game.

hey YJF..is the QB garcia related to fruitloop???

LOL, Not that I know of. What I like about The Arena League is that no players are off limits. They are frigging signing players out of high school.

Two arena league players might be in the NFL draft this year. Adrian McPherson could be the third QB selected.

maybe vilma will talk to herm and terry about him...

Hey. He's worth a flyer in camp. There's talk of him being in the running for The AFL's top Ironman award.

It's worth it to bring Lee into camp. Teams are always looking for extra WR's who can tackle on special teams. If you've got a 6'5 225 pound WR who can tackle. Hey, He might stick somewhere.

Hey. He's worth a flyer in camp. There's talk of him being in the running for The AFL's top Ironman award.

It's worth it to bring Lee into camp. Teams are always looking for extra WR's who can tackle on special teams. If you've got a 6'5 225 pound WR who can tackle. Hey, He might stick somewhere.

maybe we can sign him as TE....he's a big dude.. :lol:

Bergeron is the league's new star--He's the new Adrian McPherson...The idiots on Foxnet (not Vilma) have his story wrong--He originally went to Auburn (recruited by every major school in the South)--not small Middle Tennessee--he wanted to transfer there, but never played.

What makes Bergeron so amazing, is he hasn't played since high school and is only 21, yet he's having a record breaking season.

Coming into today Bergeron's rookie feats after only 6 games:

#1 in receptions--53

#1 in recieving yards--700 (pulled ahead of former NFL WR's Aaron Bailey & Marcus Nash).

#1 in TD's overall--19 (on pace for a league record--league is in it's 19th season).

#1 in kickoff return yards--444 (remember, AFL has only a 50 yard field).

#1 in All-purpose yards--1,144

Derek Lee has been very impressive too and he's listed at 6'5" and only 23 years old....He's definitely a player to look out for too--he's on my radar, but has played in college and tried the NFL already---although at this pace, he'll get more chances.

Both could be legit prospects, although Bergeron is a total freak--no college ball, sat out until he was 21 and dominates the league.

Thanks for The response and input R44. I trust your expertise and knowledge.

Bergeron looks impressive,. He has a TD in this game and he also had a great block on Derek Lee's first TD.

I'm actually watching this game closely.LOL

Derek Lee has been impressive. He's leaping over defenders for TD's. I realize that it's arena football and all WR's look good in this league.

But he's a heck of an athlete.No wonder The Jets brought him into camp. He can play.

It's really hard to project Arena League players to The NFL. It's such a different game than the pros or college.

There have been very few Arena League players who have made the transition.

The league is full of NFL outkasts and rejects like a Marcus Nash, who actually won a super bowl ring with The Broncos and Ravens. 1st round pick who flopped.

The QB position is the only position in Arena that could make the jump. We saw it with Warner and Maddox.

Thanks YJF,

Jets, here's his story...

http://draftdaddy.com/prospects/troyBergeron.cfm

Great player; not an ideal student, I'd assume....He's lucky he found a league like this....He's not ELIGIBLE for the upcoming draft, because he'd be a red-shirt soph or junior at Auburn.

Dragons are scared to kick to him tonight--they are kicking out of bounds and taking penalties :lol:

Vilma's the AFL's version of Troy Bergeron as an announcer--considering his age and lack of experience, he's been amazing.

If he keeps progressing, he has an NFL future in the booth. He's real good for a 23 year old.

Vilma's the AFL's version of Troy Bergeron as an announcer--considering his age and lack of experience, he's been amazing.

If he keeps progressing, he has an NFL future in the booth. He's real good for a 23 year old.

He's charming and smart. He has very little knowledge of the arena game. So he's doing a good job considering that.

I got a kick out of him touting a player on The Force that played with "THE U". Nick Ward DB.

He's charming and smart. He has very little knowledge of the arena game. So he's doing a good job considering that.

I got a kick out of him touting a player on The Force that played with "THE U". Nick Ward DB.

By the way, when #93 on Georgia Bobby Setzer was making some big plays, Vilma wouldn't say the obvious--he played in the NFL.

I think they've been told not to mention the NFL by the AFL's elite....They only mention the Jets, because it's televised in NYC.

Not sure about the field goals, but there are no punts, so every stopped drive ends with a FG attempt...

The goal posts are real narrow too.

Bergeron just made a amazing play (almost)--caught the ball, then dropped after he flipped over the hockey boards and hit the concrete out of bounds...Ouchhhhh

Felt that from here :oops:

i tell ya , these games are fast pace....

what is the longest FG these guys kick....couldnt be that far right,,,has any kicker ever made it in the NFL?

I'm not sure. This is really the first arena league game that I am actually watching in it's entirety.

I don't know how well an arena league kicker projects to The NFL. They always kick indoors and off of turf. The goalposts are not as wide and players are always missing chip shots.

I saw a game a few weeks back on NBC where Danny Kight a former Jet was kicking. He stunk up the joint.

5 touch downs for derek lee....WOW...he is fast..he bolted right by the defender..

All Wr's score a boatload of TD's in this league. If you have 60 yards a td. It's not a good game for ya.

But It's the way, Lee is scoring. Which is impressing. He looks like a man among boys.

It's just the arena league so I gotta take it easy here but he's looked very good. I'm impressed.

NFL has an "unofficial rule", only players 26 or younger they scout in the CFL, AFL, NFLe, ect...27 is too old, usually.

Bergeron just turned 21--He'll play in the NFL someday, but I'm wonering if he's really 6'2" looks about 2 inches shorter.

Derek Lee--24..He'll be signed by NFL tema...During the season or after? NFL once signed 2 WR's in the middle of an NFL season (Mike Furrey, Rams and Chris Horn, Chiefs) and both are in the NFL...Again, only question is when Lee get signed.

Here's a 24 year old lineman for Georgia who starts...Adam Metts: I think he's really Artie Lange from the Stern show, however :twisted:

Adam-Metts.jpg

NFL has an "unofficial rule", only players 26 or younger they scout in the CFL, AFL, NFLe, ect...27 is too old, usually.

Bergeron just turned 21--He'll play in the NFL someday, but I'm wonering if he's really 6'2" looks about 2 inches shorter.

Derek Lee--24..He'll be signed by NFL tema...During the season or after? NFL once signed 2 WR's in the middle of an NFL season (Mike Furrey, Rams and Chris Horn, Chiefs) and both are in the NFL...Again, only question is when Lee get signed.

Here's a 24 year old lineman for Georgia who starts...Adam Metts: I think he's really Artie Lange from the Stern show, however :twisted:

Adam-Metts.jpg

LMAO. That does look like Artie Lange. You should send that into The Howard Stern show.I'm sure that they would get a kick out of it. Might even bring him on the show as a guest.

Bergeron looks very thin. With his speed though. He looks like a guy, The Rams are going to scout. They love those undersized WR's who can run. Plus he returns kicks. Which is a plus.

Adam-Metts.jpg

HAHA it does look like artie......

i hope the jets do sign lee....we could deffently use his speed..

Archived