The Jets are flying in under the radar.

joewilly12

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ground control to major Tom 
Ground control to major Tom 
Take your protein pills and put your helmet on 
(Ten) Ground control (Nine) to major Tom (Eight) 
(Seven, six) Commencing countdown (Five), engines on (Four) 
(Three, two) Check ignition (One) and may gods (Blastoff) love be with you 

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade 
And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear 
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare 

This is major Tom to ground control, I'm stepping through the door 
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way 
And the stars look very different today 
Here am I sitting in a tin can far above the world 
Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do 

Though I'm past one hundred thousand miles, I'm feeling very still 
And I think my spaceship knows which way to go 
Tell my wife I love her very much, she knows 
Ground control to major Tom, your circuits dead, there's something wrong 
Can you hear me, major Tom? 
Can you... 
Here am I sitting in my tin can far above the Moon 
Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do

Today I've listened to parts of Boomer and Carton, Jay Mohr, Colin Cowherd, Dan Patrick, and SVP & Rusillo...  It's nothing but Johhny Manz and the Jets.  Every day.

The expectations may be low but this team is most certainly not under the radar.  It's non-stop criticism.  I sincerely hope Rex is using all this negative attention to rally the troops.  He certainly sounded definat yesterday on Michael Kay.

Craziness abounds on this topic for sure. Jets 9-7? If half the teams on the schedule FORFEIT perhaps. Geno will look like what he is  - a rookie until the second half of the season and the Jets will lose because of it. A 1-3 start or 0-4 is NOT out of the question. Geno may think zig, while Hill thinks zag and unless Morningwind pares down his offense to the caveman era, Geno will look like he did against the Giants. I only hope he LEARNS from his mistakes, unlike Sanchez who grew to embrace them.

I think the media have underrated just how awful sanchez was last year.    The 26 turnovers speak for themselves but it was actually worse than that.    It was the pick 6's, the missed open wr's, the fumbles in the redzone, and the inexplicable ability to drive the ball in the 2-minute only to do something stupid inside the 20.   

with pick 6 sitting on the bench this team is instantly better.   Geno is going to play like a rookie, that is pretty much a given.   To me the big question is whether Harris and the safeties can cover anyone?    It's like Harris permanently ran out of gas on in the int return vs. NE in the playoffs and hasn't gotten his speed back.  

Under teh radar?

They are THE most talked about team in all of professional sports, they are the sports equivalent of the Kardashians. No talent, no redeemable qualities whatsoever, unbearable to witness, but yet, the country is fascinated by them.

Under the radar? How? I'm a fan of the team and I'm sick of hearing about the Jets.

The people convincing themselves we have more talent than the world realizes havent looked at other teams rosters. 

Wilkerson's a really good player. If he's your best player- that's a problem.

Under the radar? How? I'm a fan of the team and I'm sick of hearing about the Jets.

The people convincing themselves we have more talent than the world realizes havent looked at other teams rosters. 

Well there's always Oakland to make you feel better.  For years their two best players have been kickers. 

Archived