AL Manager of the year?

CrazyCarl40

IMHO it is a two horse race.  Farrell and Yost.

Leyland and Melvin have kept the ball rolling.

I would give it to Yost, if he gets the Royals to 81 wins.  He is dealing with a team that has not had a winning season in a decade and only two since 1994.

I would give it to Yost, if he gets the Royals to 81 wins.  He is dealing with a team that has not had a winning season in a decade and only two since 1994.

This sounds about right to me. Farrel's job wasn't as tough as some make it sound. Bobby V took the bullet last year during the cleanup, which I think was the plan all along. Farrell got a team in pretty good order and, to be fair, has done just fine with it.

Yost is my pick.

I have a Yankees fan friend who insists it's Girardi, making the same argument Shawn does above. I don't see it.

Farrell, since he has cleaned up Bobby V's mess.

Girardi: I am going to hedge this by saying "If the Yankees get to the post season. He fielded a triple-a lineup most of the season and has not gotten the years he expected from CC and Pettitte.

If you get extra credit for treading water with a bad lineup, the Terry Collins is Manager of the Decade.

The Yanks were in 4th place with that sh*tty lineup and are surging now that $100 million dollars worth of players got healthy.

If you get extra credit for treading water with a bad lineup, the Terry Collins is Manager of the Decade.

The Yanks were in 4th place with that sh*tty lineup and are surging now that $100 million dollars worth of players got healthy.

Yup and it is a beautiful thing to see.

I gotta go with Farrell with Yost a close second . Farrell wouldn't have been my 1st choice, since he didn't do much at Toronto and the Sox were a mess, but he's done a super job. They retooled with a bunch of mid level FA's on one year deals but he's got them playing exceptional as a team.

I gotta go with Farrell with Yost a close second . Farrell wouldn't have been my 1st choice, since he didn't do much at Toronto and the Sox were a mess, but he's done a super job. They retooled with a bunch of mid level FA's on one year deals but he's got them playing exceptional as a team.

I am still going Yost, but seeing the Jays struggle makes me believe not all the issues there were Farrell's fault. 

As Bob said about Bobby, that steaming turd of a 2012 season was not entirely Bobby's fault.

lmao at this homer

Red Sox go worst to first. Going to be tough to top Farrell.

That's my thinking too. They drastically reduced payroll by signing mid level FA and good character players . Nothing was expected of the Sox this year. A .500 record would have been great till "the kids" arrived. Instead we're the best team in MLB, quite an accomplishment I'd say.

Archived