Official Game Thread Opening Day New York Jets vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1 EST FOX

jetsrule128

Allen needs to make that play, Rex can't tackle for him. Not sure if they waited to call the timeout cause Harrison was injured and they thought it was called for them, but that could have cost us. Geno had his issues, but I saw a lot of poise, lot of presence, smart plays and he had himself a great first game.

Dline is monstrous and that's without Coples.

Winslow can be a difference maker if he stays healthy. F*ckin Idzik.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I know is we would have lost that game if Sanchez was the QB with the 9 points on average that he had been spotting whoever our opponent was each week. I like Geno's type of football.

In the words of the immortal James Brown... "without no doubt".

There has to be a middle ground between prevent and all out blitz leaving their #1 WR open.

He didn't design it to leave him open. It was a zone blitz, they had the perfect call, Freeman read it perfectly and Landry missed his tackle. It's what Rex does and when it works it looks great, when it doesn't it looks suicidal. 

Mangini was killed for being conservative, Rex for being aggressive. It's pretty comical.

Rex's defence was on the whole, absolutely ******* immense. 

He didn't design it to leave him open. It was a zone blitz, they had the perfect call, Freeman read it perfectly and Landry missed his tackle. It's what Rex does and when it works it looks great, when it doesn't it looks suicidal. 

Mangini was killed for being conservative, Rex for being aggressive. It's pretty comical.

I literally said there needs to be a middle ground.  The problem is, everyone knows Rex is all out blitzing in that situation.  Have you noticed over Rex's tenure how much we've gotten burned at the end of the game.

But, yes, I think the defense was great today.  Especially the defensive line.

Rex takes the blame for the long pass to Vincent Jackson. Says it was a bad call #NYJ

it was enough until they give up the game winning field goal. if it weren't like the 15th time its happened wth this defense i wouldnt say anything but its a common occurence with them

You don't get to pick and choose when you give up points. They WON the game by only giving up seventeen points, no matter WHEN they gave them up. Points at the end of the game don't count double.

Yea you do cause half the dipsh*t fans are going to be saying how great the team is and we're playoff bound.

The team is sh*t and got lucky.

Exhibit A on why this fanbase is the worst in all of sports.

We're not a super talented team. Expect ugly wins like this. Don't complain, just enjoy them.

I am happy. We might have a QB of the future. And we might get better and be competitive enough to win a few games and make the season watchable.

Or, we can hope we lose every game, be miserable all season long, possibly draft Clowney and still need a QB.

I am rooting for Geno.

You don't get to pick and choose when you give up points. They WON the game by only giving up seventeen points, no matter WHEN they gave them up. Points at the end of the game don't count double.

there's something to be said against a defense that has consistently taken the field needing a stop to secure a win and instead gives up the winnign score to the opponent. being clutch is an important trait in sports. its seperates the good from the great. feel free to disagree but its the truth

I am happy. We might have a QB of the future. And we might get better and be competitive enough to win a few games and make the season watchable.

Or, we can hope we lose every game, be miserable all season long, possibly draft Clowney and still need a QB.

I am rooting for Geno.

There was enough to like about Geno today that you gotta feel good.  Despite how ugly and probably undeserving the win was.

I am rooting for Geno.

Yah but he took two safeties against Syracuse. :(

I am rooting for Geno.

I am rooting for Geno.

Yeah because Clowney has looked so good so far this college season and he hasn't already started blaming the coaches.

there's something to be said against a defense that has consistently taken the field needing a stop to secure a win and instead gives up the winnign score to the opponent. being clutch is an important trait in sports. its seperates the good from the great. feel free to disagree but its the truth

Whatever.  See how many points people were putting up around the league this week?  I choose to look at the big picture.  This defense that was supposed to be bad at run defense shut down Doug f-ing Martin, held the Bucs to 17 pts and got the W.  The Bucs spent all this money on pretty little free agents and were supposed to be some Super Bowl team.  17 pts.

For real! Damn!

Tired of that prick. Sanchez sucks, Geno might be better. End of story.

All some of these ppl do is ******* bitch and moan.

Yeah, it's pretty funny that no one is mentioning the great clutch kick by Folk, but instead are whinning about the defense.

Archived