Official Game Thread Opening Day New York Jets vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1 EST FOX

jetsrule128

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geno didn't unimpress me or impress me it was blah performance really looked like. Marks first game ! I'm trying not just like it cause his name isn't Sanchez but i would say he's our future

I agree.  It gave me hope for the rest of the season with the guy and the future.  But he didn't do anything incredible or great. He made some nice plays, he made some mistakes,  and he kept a level head after those mistakes.     This team has issues with the OL and the WRs just suck.  Winslow might give us something, so that's good.  The Defense,  they had moments, but in all honesty,  Freeman sucks.  If the Bucs had a better QB, this might have not been a close game. THose WRs were getting open a lot.

What this kind of game did though was essentially end Sanchez's career as a Jet.   Even if Smith has a few bad games, he showed enough today to warrant him being the starter for the entire season.

Yeah, it's pretty funny that no one is mentioning the great clutch kick by Folk, but instead are whinning about the defense.

that was impressive because he had no time to get ready mentally it was just like go kick it dude and win the game

his kicks wiggle left and right, drives me nuts, but they go in

Geno's first win was a 4th quarter comeback. Not bad.

It was a good game for a rookie who wasnt helped by running game. Marty helped him a lot besides some questionable wildcat. Also, Marty was the one who called the final TO because Rex had his usual brain cramp. The same thing happened against Miami his first year. I think it all goes back to his hubris and delusion. He thought theyd stop them.

So jets got really lucky with that late hit call.  It's was kind of bullsh*t. 

It wasn't BS, Geno was out of bounds and was running out of bounds before that.   It was one of the dumbest penalties I've seen, but it wasn't because the Refs messed up, it was because the defender was a moron.

I agree. It gave me hope for the rest of the season with the guy and the future. But he didn't do anything incredible or great. He made some nice plays, he made some mistakes, and he kept a level head after those mistakes. This team has issues with the OL and the WRs just suck. Winslow might give us something, so that's good. The Defense, they had moments, but in all honesty, Freeman sucks. If the Bucs had a better QB, this might have not been a close game. THose WRs were getting open a lot.

What this kind of game did though was essentially end Sanchez's career as a Jet. Even if Smith has a few bad games, he showed enough today to warrant him being the starter for the entire season.

I'm not sure if he's the future all I can say I watch alot of football and jets. Just don't have that swagger I watch the bills they looked good and NE. Looks good to

We have no easy games really with this team and a tough 5 games stretch

Geno looks like a OK QB and that's basicly what we had

Hes out of bounds but whatever makes you feel bad about this win I guess.

How does it make you feel bad about the win?   A win is a win.   How many Jets fans felt bad about a win when the Colts sat Manning and most of their starters a few years back?   Not many.    

Players make plays or they make dumb plays.  The Bucs made a lot of dumb plays today and that was one of the dumbest.     Everybody knows you really can't touch QBs anymore, so you pushing a QB after he's already out of bounds is just dumb.   No exuses.

How did Geno complete over 60% of his passes with no weapons?

Geno did a great job reading the defense and finding the open receivers.... but I also contend that our receivers are severely underrated ... Holmes, Kerley, Hill and WInslow arent exactly a joke... the NE receivers (minus Gronk) are a joke

I'm not sure if he's the future all I can say I watch alot of football and jets. Just don't have that swagger I watch the bills they looked good and NE. Looks good to

Gtfo, Pats have a swish cheeze defense and the bills have a better offense then the Jets. Look at the stats geno had 300+ total yards. Your hero Manuel had 170+ yards against the Patriot defense. Get real.

I don't know if the guy will be the Jets starter for the next 4 years, but after today, it's hard to see anybody else starting.   You go with him for the year now regardless. 

I do agree that the Jets didn't have much excitement, but again,  they don't have much Offense.  Their offense sucks.  The WRs don't seem to ever get open and their RBs kind of run up the middle and thats about it.     ANd it seems the Jets offense has been like this for years.

How does it make you feel bad about the win?   A win is a win.   How many Jets fans felt bad about a win when the Colts sat Manning and most of their starters a few years back?   Not many.    

Players make plays or they make dumb plays.  The Bucs made a lot of dumb plays today and that was one of the dumbest.     Everybody knows you really can't touch QBs anymore, so you pushing a QB after he's already out of bounds is just dumb.   No exuses.

Dude you dont have to tell me! I thought it was a fine game and Geno showed me a lot. Im saying that to those who seem to LIKE feeling bad about this team.

there's something to be said against a defense that has consistently taken the field needing a stop to secure a win and instead gives up the winnign score to the opponent. being clutch is an important trait in sports. its seperates the good from the great. feel free to disagree but its the truth

^^^^^^^^^^ This x 1,000,000  Rex sucks

Manuel has more to work with. He also played the Pats defense, which is absolutely terrible.

Geno hung in there with a lot of pressure in his face. I'm pleased with his performance today.

I don't know if the guy will be the Jets starter for the next 4 years, but after today, it's hard to see anybody else starting.   You go with him for the year now regardless. 

I do agree that the Jets didn't have much excitement, but again,  they don't have much Offense.  Their offense sucks.  The WRs don't seem to ever get open and their RBs kind of run up the middle and thats about it.     ANd it seems the Jets offense has been like this for years.

this is what happens when you ignore the offense again and again in the draft.

Only Jets fans can turn into a win into a loss. This is perfect. We start 1-0 and look good pretty good doing so against a "better team" yet people still get to whine.

Joke fanbase. This was a good win! And those complaining about geno are completely insane. They talk like we had Peyton playing QB for us the past 4 years. Geno played really well I thought.

Joke fanbase. This was a good win! And those complaining about geno are completely insane. Its like we had Peyton playing QB for us the past 4 years. Geno played really well I thought.

He completed 63 % of his throws in his NFL debut with no running game, injured, sh*tty or both injured AND sh*tty receivers running around, and lackluster O-line play.  

Not to mention, he won us the game at the end, rather than getting dragged to victory like that other guy with the broke shoulder and headband.

So far......what's not to like?

He sucks?  Really?  Even DAWAN F-ING LANDRY looked good today.  Your life around Rex sucks.

Yes, Really.  He is effing stupid.  Doesn't know how to manage the clock and his D sheits the bed frequently at the end of games.  He personally is to blame for many Jets losses, especially when the team fails to show up as it frequently has under his so-called leadership.  He can't get fired soon enough to please me.

I'm not whining.  Rex almost cost us the game.  Thank God Geno saved the day with great play.  He led the team in rushing and had a very solid game.  I was hoping he'd play this well and am excited for him and the Jets future if he continues to develop.  Rex is just a millstone that will drag this team down and he needs to be jettisoned the moment the season ends.

Joke fanbase. This was a good win! And those complaining about geno are completely insane. They talk like we had Peyton playing QB for us the past 4 years. Geno played really well I thought.

watching this teamj since about 1985......i earned my right to compain and criticize, EVEN if they win

Yes, Really.  He is effing stupid.  Doesn't know how to manage the clock and his D sheits the bed frequently at the end of games.  He personally is to blame for many Jets losses, especially when the team fails to show up as it frequently has under his so-called leadership.  He can't get fired soon enough to please me.

We allowed 17 points to an offense with Vincent Jackson, Doug Martin and a re-vamped offensive line.  We'll probably be the only team to do that all f*cking season. 

You're fired.

He completed 63 % of his throws in his NFL debut with no running game, injured, sh*tty or both injured AND sh*tty receivers running around, and lackluster O-line play.  

Not to mention, he won us the game at the end, rather than getting dragged to victory like that other guy with the broke shoulder and headband.

So far......what's not to like?

the thing i liked the best was when th ebucs hit the field goal he didnt despair...he was ready to take his chance and win

Archived