Official Game Thread Opening Day New York Jets vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1 EST FOX

jetsrule128

I would attack Revis blatantly all day. I would live or die by sending Receiver after receiver directly at him all day. Make him run and cut all day. Take the chance that his knee is not 100%. If he's lost even a 1/4 step then it will work.  Let's watch Revis Island get a new occupant.... safety help.  :D

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

24-10 Bucs. Geno plays terribly but gets another start against the Patriots which will be a slaughter.

I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see him being successful quite yet.

I can respect your opinion because youre entitled to it, BUT...if Geno has a respectable game, dont turn into a douche waiting for Geno to have a bad game. While the general concensus is he wont be a Luck/RGIII type of rookie...some real potential to be a playmaker is what we should be looking for.

Go Jets!

Vincent Jackson and Mike Williams > Cromartie and Milliner.

Discuss

Probably true, however when you factor in Freeman;  VJax + Williams + Freeman < Cro + Milliner.  I've never particularly cared for Freeman, he's just too wildly inconsistent for me; he had that great sophomore year where he got you thinking he'd put it all together eventually, only to see him regress in some facet of the game every year. 

Michael Irvin just predicted that Revis will pick off 4 passes, 2 for TD's.  I think Sapp and Irvin are just told "Ok guys, you're here to just....say things.  Whatever comes across your consciousness, just go for it."

Revis scoring twice wouldnt surprise me

revis getting one interception would suprise me

Hes a great corner hes no ball hawk. We shouldnt be throwing much at him anyway

That being said the Jets have the opportunity to shut a lot of ppl up today.

They could respond quite well to the "us against the world mentality" as they seemingly have some new leaders on the team in Mo, Davis, Cro, Mangold and whomever else is on offense.  They probably could have used that the last two years, but the lockerroom was such a clusterf*ck they couldn't build any chemistry.  When the entire world hates you, you either take it on and get closer as a team or you hide away and crumble, which is what we saw the last two years. A win would go a veryyy long way.

They could respond quite well to the "us against the world mentality" as they seemingly have some new leaders on the team in Mo, Davis, Cro, Mangold and whomever else is on offense.  They probably could have used that the last two years, but the lockerroom was such a clusterf*ck they couldn't build any chemistry.  When the entire world hates you, you either take it on and get closer as a team or you hide away and crumble, which is what we saw the last two years. A win would go a veryyy long way.

None of this matters if the QB can't play.  Winning creates chemistry, not the other way around.  GENO TIME.

Archived