GAME BALLS

Larz

I think Richardson and Snax need to share a game ball.  

The front line was phenomenal. I really wish Rex relax alittle on the all-out blitzes on 3rd down. Our front 4 looks dominate. Let the 4 rush and send a rushing linebacker and let the rest cover. That Vincent Jackson catch late in the 4th was just stupid. The front 4 had 3 sacks today. RIchardson IMO will have an enormous impact on this team because of his ability to get to the QB. This should allow Rex to keep more guys back to cover. 

and when it really mattered let up the big run and then lets jackson go for for an easy catch and misses the tackle to lose the game.

"When it really mattered" <- Yeah, but it always really matters because of this offense. So, by definition, the Jets defense has no other time to give up scores besides "when it really matters" time.

Actually I blame the call. The overload blitz on 3rd down was picked up as it always is. It simply left the entire side of the field wide open.

I loved the call.  Everyone always complains about preventing you from winning, etc.  Rex was having success with the blitz all day long.  The error was someone left JVax open and then the miss tackle.  I guarantee there was some type of a miscommunication.   If the pressure worked and it forced a pick or fumble, he'd be a god for the call.

I loved the call.  Everyone always complains about preventing you from winning, etc.  Rex was having success with the blitz all day long.  The error was someone left JVax open and then the miss tackle.  I guarantee there was some type of a miscommunication.   If the pressure worked and it forced a pick or fumble, he'd be a god for the call.

rex said the the presser there should have been a seam flat guy or a something like that and that landry was where he was supposed to be and that it was the same call that lead to a sack and the int earlier

I'm sure cimini or mehta will tell us who is to blame

The front line was phenomenal. I really wish Rex relax alittle on the all-out blitzes on 3rd down. Our front 4 looks dominate. Let the 4 rush and send a rushing linebacker and let the rest cover. That Vincent Jackson catch late in the 4th was just stupid. The front 4 had 3 sacks today. RIchardson IMO will have an enormous impact on this team because of his ability to get to the QB. This should allow Rex to keep more guys back to cover. 

Agree 100%!

rex said the the presser there should have been a seam flat guy or a something like that and that landry was where he was supposed to be and that it was the same call that lead to a sack and the int earlier

Perhaps.  But we were actually getting some damn good pressure rushing 4 men.  In a situation where they need to go 50 yards in a do-or-die drive, I want a corner stuck on each WR in addition to safety help.  

Easy for me to say knowing the outcome from blitzing was bad, but when we can get pressure without blitzing, I don't see the need.  Just gives them a better chance they shouldn't have.  

Whatever.  Would have been genius if Freeman threw another pick.

Perhaps.  But we were actually getting some damn good pressure rushing 4 men.  In a situation where they need to go 50 yards in a do-or-die drive, I want a corner stuck on each WR in addition to safety help.  

Easy for me to say knowing the outcome from blitzing was bad, but when we can get pressure without blitzing, I don't see the need.  Just gives them a better chance they shouldn't have.  

Rex s one crazy third down blitzer when the game is on the line.

Anybody think they should have taken an OL guy now?

Did you watch the OL play today?

They didn't play poorly enough to justify drafting a guard top 10.  I'm happy we got Winters.  Next offseason we might have to throw some FA dollars at at least one of the OL spots.  We'll have $50 million so why the f*ck not?

Archived