10 BYE
11 NOV 17 1:00PMEST * AT   BILLS - W
12 NOV 24 1:00PMEST * AT   RAVENS - W
13 DEC 1 1:00PMEST *   DOLPHINS - W
14 DEC 8 1:00PMEST *   RAIDERS - W
15 DEC 15 4:05PMEST * AT   PANTHERS - W
16 DEC 22 1:00PMEST *   BROWNS - W
17 DEC 29 1:00PMEST * AT   DOLPHINS - W

This schedule doesn't look so tough. The Steelers and Ravens both look pretty bad this year. 12-4 to 10-6 is what I have. We have a long week to prepare for the Bills twice which might be the second best team in the AFC East. I'm probably the most pessimistic Jets fan on this board and I think that if we play to our potential we could have a very good year.

2 SEP 12 8:25PMEDT , AT   PATRIOTS GAME DAY - L
3 SEP 22 4:25PMEDT *   BILLS - W
4 SEP 29 4:05PMEDT * AT   TITANS - W
5 OCT 7 8:40PMEDT + AT   FALCONS - L
6 OCT 13 1:00PMEDT *   STEELERS - W
7 OCT 20 1:00PMEDT *   PATRIOTS - W
8 OCT 27 4:05PMEDT * AT   BENGALS - L
9 NOV 3 1:00PMEST )   SAINTS - L
10 BYE
11 NOV 17 1:00PMEST * AT   BILLS - W
12 NOV 24 1:00PMEST * AT   RAVENS - W
13 DEC 1 1:00PMEST *   DOLPHINS - W
14 DEC 8 1:00PMEST *   RAIDERS - W
15 DEC 15 4:05PMEST * AT   PANTHERS - W
16 DEC 22 1:00PMEST *   BROWNS - W
17 DEC 29 1:00PMEST * AT   DOLPHINS - W

This schedule doesn't look so tough. The Steelers and Ravens both look pretty bad this year. 12-4 to 10-6 is what I have. We have a long week to prepare for the Bills twice which might be the second best team in the AFC East. I'm probably the most pessimistic Jets fan on this board and I think that if we play to our potential we could have a very good year.

From the guy screaming his head off about how much Idzik and Geno are the suck based on preseason and less than 1 half of play?

As they say, the mob is fickle.

From the guy screaming his head off about how much Idzik and Geno are the suck based on preseason and less than 1 half of play?

As they say, the mob is fickle.

Geno played better in the second half then he had up until that point. Also Hill looked like he could catch a football and Holmes should get healthier. But the bottom line is all the Jets need is solid QB play to get through this schedule 10-6 or better. I've been saying that from the very beginning.

No, to the contrary, I think all of those units have elite talent on them and anyone who says differently is a hater with an agenda, and seven wins is actually really good.

/#27theDominator'd

/Gato'd

Yeah.  7-9, that's historically bad!  Rebuilding!  Fire the coach!  How many games under .500 is that?  I forget.

Is it really so black and white though?  In 2009 and 2010 we had games against the Pats where we lost by scores of 31-17 and 45-3 yet still made the playoffs. 

That is what I was just going to say.  We have split games with the Pats and in 2010 went 2-1 against them despite getting decimated on national tv.  Normally I would agree with EY's premise, but I'm not so sure with this team.  Playing them tough would probably be a moral victory, which a team that looks so bad could probably use, but I don't think losing big would be a death sentence.

I want to work for your company.

Make up your ******* mind.  Was this a gut job, no hope season?  If so 7-9 isn't that bad.  I like Ryan, but from a should they or shouldn't they perspective, I don't give a sh*t.  The idea that they MUST fire him after a 7-9 season that YOU SAY IS  A REBUILD is moronic.  Do you understand?  I don't think they are that bad, so I'd actually be more inclined to blame a bad record on Ryan. You want to say the roster is atrocious AND the coach must be blamed for having a mid-pack rating with EGADS! The worst talent in the NFL!

Make up your ******* mind. Was this a gut job, no hope season? If so 7-9 isn't that bad. I like Ryan, but from a should they or shouldn't they perspective, I don't give a sh*t. The idea that they MUST fire him after a 7-9 season that YOU SAY IS A REBUILD is moronic. Do you understand? I don't think they are that bad, so I'd actually be more inclined to blame a bad record on Ryan. You want to say the roster is atrocious AND the coach must be blamed for having a mid-pack rating with EGADS! The worst talent in the NFL!

Going 8-8, 6-10, then 7-9 is the end of Ryan regardless of how it makes anyone feel.

Going 8-8, 6-10, then 7-9 is the end of Ryan regardless of how it makes anyone feel.

The right guy has already been fired:  Mike Tannenbaum.  A 7-9 record this year would mean we found our franchise QB.  Firing a HC after Year 1 of a stud rookie QB campaign would be a huge mistake.

In addition, you've also advocated bringing in Seattle's OC as the HC.  That would probably mean Morninghweg gets fired too.  Another mistake.

Glad Idzik probably doesn't agree with you here.

The right guy has already been fired: Mike Tannenbaum. A 7-9 record this year would mean we found our franchise QB. Firing a HC after Year 1 of a stud rookie QB campaign would be a huge mistake.

In addition, you've also advocated bringing in Seattle's OC as the HC. That would probably mean Morninghweg gets fired too. Another mistake.

Glad Idzik probably doesn't agree with you here.

What?

Where does your confusion lie?  If we manage to go 7-9 this season, it'll be because Geno is a franchise QB.  You don't fire your Head Coach when you discover your franchise QB and have a successful season.

The Jets can make the playoffs this season and know Geno isnt a franchise QB.

The Jets can make the playoffs this season and know Geno isnt a franchise QB.

Considering our lack of weapons and tough schedule I can't imagine Geno won't be a big part of that if it happens.  Yeah, maybe 1 season isn't enough to determine if he is the franchise guy but it would at least seem like he's headed in that direction.  With a mid-round draft pick would we be in the running for a Bridgewater or Boyd?  Doubtful.

Archived