Is it time for a logo & uniform change?

CobraVerde

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the kelly green with stylized jet on the helmet is banished as it should be and should never return. way too many bad memories

What perplexes me is that the Jets organization chose the suck-ass Titans jerseys as their throwbacks, and not the jerseys from the 70's-90's.  At least the Jets had a few playoff years during the 70's-90's stretch.  Exactly what did the Jets do as the Titans?    There must be more than a few people in the Jets organization that have a bad taste in their mouths from seeing the Jets stink up the place during the 70's-90's, but since hardly anybody was around to watch the Titans, they are the better option for throwbacks.   :fighting0054:

What perplexes me is that the Jets organization chose the suck-ass Titans jerseys as their throwbacks, and not the jerseys from the 70's-90's.  At least the Jets had a few playoff years during the 70's-90's stretch.  Exactly what did the Jets do as the Titans?    There must be more than a few people in the Jets organization that have a bad taste in their mouths from seeing the Jets stink up the place during the 70's-90's, but since hardly anybody was around to watch the Titans, they are the better option for throwbacks.   :fighting0054:

Here's the reason: money. No one owned any Titans' gear before they used those as their throwbacks, now lots of people have some. Meanwhile, plenty of folks have leftover 80's gear, and the throwbacks wouldn't likely lead to much new spending.

Here's the reason: money. No one owned any Titans' gear before they used those as their throwbacks, now lots of people have some. Meanwhile, plenty of folks have leftover 80's gear, and the throwbacks wouldn't likely lead to much new spending.

Wait, so you are telling me these throwback games are a cheap marketing gimmick and not a grand celebration of the rich history of the NFL?

Yes but most of that leftover gear lives in a bucket in garages across the country.

In all fairness to the Jags, how does one accurately capture the ambiance of the trailer park in a football uniform?

Whoever it was at Nike that designed the uniforms for Jax and TB needs to be drug tested for meth amphetimines. These unis are the most Gawd awful things I have ever seen and I were a player I would boycott and play in my underwear. So in answer to your question NO. A THOUSAND TIMES NO.

I like it.

As much as I think the Jets current uniform is a classic, it doesn't really hold up in the modern NFL.  If the team want to sell Jerseys to fans across the league, they will need to change them eventually.

Well, if the hideous abortions that Tampa Bay and Jacksonville wear are what the modern NFL deems to be the standard, I for one am glad we're way behind on this. In fact I'd like us to get even further behind the times, and go back to an exact copy of the 60's unis - these current Nike ones just do not look right.

And yeah, I'd like to see the 80's or even the 90's unis make an occasional appearance.

The Jets whites are the bomb.  Like the Raiders, Chiefs, Browns, these are old skool duds that never lose their style.

Agreed.  I wish just one team would go back to their old school uni's.  I'm confident it would be a big seller and catch on amongst other teams.  Instead of "evolving" to an arena league look, it would be a million times better to go back to the original.

i love the old school look dont get me wrong, but seeing us play the Bucs today reminded me of how when they changed their unis the franchise almost elevated overnight. Yes they had that historic defense but i feel the new logos they got really added to the dynamic. Same could be said for the Pats. They way i remember the Pats had their moments with the old white uniforms but i remember them sucking in those uniforms and when they changed the logo it was when they got Bledsoe Curtis and Parcells. In guessing the Jaguars and Dolphins are thinking the same thing. Change the logo and the mentality of the fan base to forget about the bad times.

I also think Geno just looks terrible in our uniform. Idk what it is but today the green and white unis and logo looked amateurish on our team....

OF COURSE KEEP THE GREEN & WHITE but why not go with a Top Gun Viper logo instead??? =D

IMG_0733_zps3ef7973b.jpg

Isn't this Team Bacardi?

Archived