Jets \ Patriots: The Game Thread

Maxman

LETS GET PUMPED GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Huge win coming up tonight!  We weren't supposed to beat the Bucs.  The Bucs?  With Dave Martin?  No way he's going to eat us up right???  NOPE!!  No one gave us a chance to win that game.  I think our defense, especially once it gels,  is good enough to give any offense fits.  If Geno can play mistake free football and not make too many boneheaded plays then skies the limit.  

Sorry for the overdose of hype.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't mind seeing whomever is covering edelman to really jam him off the line of scrimmage, because the majority of their routes are predicated on timing.  Cro cannot play those smaller slot guys, because his strides are just too damned long, so whoever it is, I hope they give him help, because I really don't believe Thompkins and Hoomanwanui can beat us on their own.  Thompkins was targeted 14 times the other day and only came away with 4 catches; he looked like his head was absolutely spinning, running the wrong routes, not getting his feet in on two catches and just overall frustrating the sh*t out of Brady.  Dobson is a guy that I think could give us trouble, but it's really all about getting to and making Brady uncomfortable. We do that, plus stop Ridley and I believe it's a game we can take.  However, if at any point the Pats go up two scores, I think it could get ugly. I just don't know if Geno or this offense has enough in them to put up that many points.

I like Lankster or Trufant shadowing Edelman with safety coverage over the top; those two are fiesty lil buggers and the combination of one of them AND Wilson is probably enough to take Julian out of the game.

Cromartie probably draws Thompkins as his size/speed ratio is closest to Brandon Lloyd...and though he's an UDFA, he's 25.  

Milliner can hang with Dobson; they're both rookies and I like the Alabama CB1 over Marshall WR1. 

Archived