3 things the Jets need to do to WIN tonight.

stugotz81

If the Jets can successfully do the below 3 things, I don't see how they will lose.

1.  QB pressure and sacks all game.  At least 2 sacks on Brady, 4-6 QB hits, and 10-12 OB pressures.  Brady is at his worst when he is constantly disrupted and hit. With our D-Line--very possible!

2.  Geno must throw at least 40 passes and complete at least 65-70% of them. When Geno is in a groove throwing, he is way more effective and so will be our run game

3.  We turn the ball over ZERO times.  Patriots always capitalize on turnovers and just one turnover could be the difference maker. 

Oh and NO WILDCAT! 

PUMPED for tonight! Lets do this, son! 

I am not sure this Pats team is so explosive that we need to play as perfect a game as that. Their entire offense last week which wasnt that great was 3 players, 2 of which will not play tonight. I think we can beat the Pats just in base defense looks and rushing the front four. The Pats defensive scheme is also likely to be more vanilla as they do not have team to install a lot of game specific elements. Great chance for the Jets tonight.

I am not sure this Pats team is so explosive that we need to play as perfect a game as that. Their entire offense last week which wasnt that great was 3 players, 2 of which will not play tonight. I think we can beat the Pats just in base defense looks and rushing the front four. The Pats defensive scheme is also likely to be more vanilla as they do not have team to install a lot of game specific elements. Great chance for the Jets tonight.

Some how they always get us.. it will be difficult it always is in a division match up with the Patriots ans Fins. We do have a real shot though. I think we need to take advantage of that and win because it won't be like that the second time around. I just think its funny that they still have the Patriots beating us 33-14 with such little play makers on the O ...but it is always interesting with Brady throwing

If the Jets can successfully do the below 3 things, I don't see how they will lose.

1.  QB pressure and sacks all game.  At least 2 sacks on Brady, 4-6 QB hits, and 10-12 OB pressures.  Brady is at his worst when he is constantly disrupted and hit. With our D-Line--very possible!

2.  Geno must throw at least 40 passes and complete at least 65-70% of them. When Geno is in a groove throwing, he is way more effective and so will be our run game

3.  We turn the ball over ZERO times.  Patriots always capitalize on turnovers and just one turnover could be the difference maker. 

Oh and NO WILDCAT! 

1: This is always important against Brady, but there is a catch.  You need to get that pressure while still having good coverage.  It worked for the Giants because they could put in 4 pass rushing DL and playing 7 in coverage.  The Ravens would blitz from odd angles, but they wouldn't necessarily bring MORE players, just different ones than expected, again leaving 6-7 in coverage.  If you don't get pressure, OR if you leave his hot reads open when you blitz, you're gonna have a bad time.

2: I don't think you necessarily want your young QB to HAVE to throw 40+ times.  That is a recipe for allowing mistakes to be made.  I'd recommend a more balanced attack.

3: Zero turnovers should ALWAYS be the plan.  Look at the Pats Bills game last week.  Spiller turns it over to give the Pats an early scoring chance.  The Pats commit unforced errors to let the Bills back in the game.

gI would just say win the TO battle.  If someone fumbles or Geno throws a pick in the first half, that does not guarantee a loss.  I want to see some imaginative play calling tonight.  Too often the Jets get scored on and march their offense out for two runs and a blocked pass.  We have to answer back when they do something.

I'm tellin ya, if we have turnovers...WE. ARE. DONE.  just one turnover throws our whole game off potentially.  They always covert them into points.  

And we've all seen Brady under pressure constantly during games before....he turns into a Sanchez every time.  I dnt see how our D Line is not gonna eat these ninjas for breakfast tonight.! Bottom-line, i expect a win tonight...no, f*ck that...I expect a SOLID win tonight.  

Oh and NO WILDCAT! 

Ok, so you're telling me, we should try to pressure the QB, complete a high percentage of our passing attempts, and protect the football.

How did you come up with all of these brilliant ideas?  Are you some kind of Wizard?

Archived