Colts acquire Trent Richardson for 1st round pick

gsnts725

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the real important question:  for someone with a large fantasy bench to do some stashing on, who the hell else do the friggin' Browns have at RB?

McGahee is in the Browns building apparently.

Honestly, Trich as I was saying yesterday, for a top 5 pick....the guy is whatever. Career long run of 32 yards.

Here's the real important question:  for someone with a large fantasy bench to do some stashing on, who the hell else do the friggin' Browns have at RB?

Chris Ogbonnaya, their fullback, stands to get a lot of the touches this week as a Marcel Reese type of role.  He should have had a 38-yard TD against the Ravens last week on one play but Weeden overthrew him, and they lost as a result.  He has 0 carries so far but does have 34 yards receiving.

Their # 2 HB is Bobby Rainey but he hasn't seen the field at all as far as I can tell (0 touches).  I assume they sign a free agent.

McGahee is in the Browns building apparently.

Honestly, Trich as I was saying yesterday, for a top 5 pick....the guy is whatever. Career long run of 32 yards.

Which is exactly why you don't draft rb's in the top 5. I feel bad for the browns, traded up for him and drafted Weeden. Luckily they cleared house and are making some moves.

We're acting as if Trent is a star. He isnt.

He doesnt make people miss at the second level. That has nothing to do with the Browns passing game or lack there of. Richardson's living off his college rep of being cant miss. He runs the dive play for 3.5 yards and might break a tackle. This isnt 1990. He doesnt catch the ball. Lacy has better moves at the second level.

Oh and good move for both teams. Browns aren't really good enough to not waste Richardson's prime right now, and the Colts could use a RB to control the tempo a little more. 

The Colts definitely are committing to the run with OC Pep Hamilton, so this move made perfect sense for them.  And if they expect to make the playoffs, that 24th-28th range pick is small price to pay for a former top 5 pick who has, for the most part, proven to be a pretty solid back.

Just don't know how this is a GOOD move for the Browns.  Will that late round pick help them get a top QB any more than they would if they rolled Weeden out there?  Were they not going to get into Boyd/Bridgewater territory ANYWAYS?  Plus it tells the fans, very clearly, that 2013 does not matter and you have no reason to show up.  I guess I struggle to see why they didn't get more out of the deal.

Chris Ogbonnaya, their fullback, stands to get a lot of the touches this week as a Marcel Reese type of role.  He should have had a 38-yard TD against the Ravens last week on one play but Weeden overthrew him, and they lost as a result.  He has 0 carries so far but does have 34 yards receiving.

Their # 2 HB is Bobby Rainey but he hasn't seen the field at all as far as I can tell (0 touches).  I assume they sign a free agent.

Yeah, no other RB on their roster has done jack so far.  Not a single carry to speak of.  As Matt pointed out, they're bringing in McGahee, who will probably step right in as starter I'd bet.

The Colts definitely are committing to the run with OC Pep Hamilton, so this move made perfect sense for them.  And if they expect to make the playoffs, that 24th-28th range pick is small price to pay for a former top 5 pick who has, for the most part, proven to be a pretty solid back.

Just don't know how this is a GOOD move for the Browns.  Will that late round pick help them get a top QB any more than they would if they rolled Weeden out there?  Were they not going to get into Boyd/Bridgewater territory ANYWAYS?  Plus it tells the fans, very clearly, that 2013 does not matter and you have no reason to show up.  I guess I struggle to see why they didn't get more out of the deal.

How does Trent Richardson make the Browns relevant? The Vikings stink, Ponder stinks- but they have one of the best backs of all time, who makes people miss at the second level and puts points on the board. No one was showing up to watch Trent Richardson  take a pitch sweep for 4 yards. He was expected to be a Peterson, a guy you could hand it to and he'd be a threat to score. I dont blame the Browns for getting the pick when they knew he wasnt going to be the cornerstone of their offense.

Yeah, no other RB on their roster has done jack so far.  Not a single carry to speak of.  As Matt pointed out, they're bringing in McGahee, who will probably step right in as starter I'd bet.

It's a decent year to be in the market for a "off the scrap heap" type of free agent RB, that much is pretty clear.  

How does Trent Richardson make the Browns relevant? The Vikings stink, Ponder stinks- but they have one of the best backs of all time, who makes people miss at the second level and puts points on the board. No one was showing up to watch Trent Richardson  take a pitch sweep for 4 yards. He was expected to be a Peterson, a guy you could hand it to and he'd be a threat to score. 

I'm not saying dealing Richardson was a bad move.  Trading him to a contender for JUST a 1st round pick IS a bad move.  You gotta go try to get a Herschel Walker type of haul there.  Their future is no brighter today than it was before this trade.  

It's a decent year to be in the market for a "off the scrap heap" type of free agent RB, that much is pretty clear.  

The question is whether McGahee's worth a bench spot more than Jacquizz Rodger's sorry ass.  Sure he's got the job for the next couple of weeks, but he's awful and will be back on the bench shortly, so he'll almost certainly never crack my lineup anyway.

Archived