Colts acquire Trent Richardson for 1st round pick

gsnts725

The question is whether McGahee's worth a bench spot more than Jacquizz Rodger's sorry ass.  Sure he's got the job for the next couple of weeks, but he's awful and will be back on the bench shortly, so he'll almost certainly never crack my lineup anyway.

Jason Snelling is more valuable than Jacquizz.  Snelling as least runs with authority.  Jacquizz falls down on contact.  He'll be used some in the passing game but Snelling is their 2 down guy.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not saying dealing Richardson was a bad move.  Trading him to a contender for JUST a 1st round pick IS a bad move.  You gotta go try to get a Herschel Walker type of haul there.  Their future is no brighter today than it was before this trade.  

For as overrated Herschel was, Trent is nowhere near that. Youre not getting multiple ones for a guy who's averaged under 4ypc over his career.

The question is whether McGahee's worth a bench spot more than Jacquizz Rodger's sorry ass.  Sure he's got the job for the next couple of weeks, but he's awful and will be back on the bench shortly, so he'll almost certainly never crack my lineup anyway.

Id go after Andre Ellington. Picking up washed up backs never works out. 

We're acting as if Trent is a star. He isnt.

He doesnt make people miss at the second level. That has nothing to do with the Browns passing game or lack there of. Richardson's living off his college rep of being cant miss. He runs the dive play for 3.5 yards and might break a tackle. This isnt 1990. He doesnt catch the ball. Lacy has better moves at the second level.

Woaa, pump the breaks brochacho. Trich played the entire year with bruised ribs, brandon weeden as his QB and still put up close to 1000 yards and 11 tds, with everybody stacking the box.  And can't catch? He lead the browns in receptions with 51 and was 3rd in receiving yards at 350+.  The guy is as can't miss as you can get nowadays and once he assimilates himself into a real offense, with a real QB, the kid is going to put up top 5 Rb type numbers guaranteed. 

Edit: Broken ribs.

Woaa, pump the breaks brochacho. Trich played the entire year with bruised ribs, brandon weeden as his QB and still put up close to 1000 yards and 11 tds, with everybody stacking the box.  And can't catch? He lead the browns in receptions with 51 and was 3rd in receiving yards at 350+.  The guy is as can't miss as you can get nowadays and once he assimilates himself into a real offense, with a real QB, the kid is going to put up top 5 Rb type numbers guaranteed. 

Edit: Broken ribs.

He's a plodder who doesnt make guys miss at the second level imo.

The guy was drafted in the top 5 and has a career long run of 32 yards. I dont care who is QB is, that's not good. Richardson was supposed to be the Browns offense, now he needs to assimilate?

Bruised ribs? Peterson was playing on a new knee. If you're not making guys miss at the second level in today's NFL- you're going to get phased out. The Colts trying to be Stanford when they took Andrew Luck to be a down the field passer, doesnt make much sense. Richardson doesnt help Andrew Luck that much. Getting the ball to TY Hilton, helps Andrew Luck.

The guy was drafted in the top 5 and has a career long run of 32 yards. I dont care who is QB is, that's not good. Richardson was supposed to be the Browns offense, now he needs to assimilate?

Bruised ribs? Peterson was playing on a new knee. If you're not making guys miss at the second level in today's NFL- you're going to get phased out. The Colts trying to be Stanford when they took Andrew Luck to be a down the field passer, doesnt make much sense. Richardson doesnt help Andrew Luck that much. Getting the ball to TY Hilton, helps Andrew Luck.

If you go back and watch those Luck/Stanford tapes, his backs dominated. I like the trade for Indy. Richardson isn't going to have to be Jim Brown out there in order to get 1,400 yards.

If you go back and watch those Luck/Stanford tapes, his backs dominated. I like the trade for Indy. Richardson isn't going to have to be Jim Brown out there in order to get 1,400 yards.

More dependent on line play than Luck, imo. Richardson had the benefit of playing behind the best line in the country. He just downgraded lines going from Cleveland to Indy.

If the Colts were getting Lesean Mccoy they'd be nearing Denver in the AFC. They just got a 1992 Chris Warren(shorter version, of course).

Gordon would be a nice pick up for the Jets.

Reading now some Browns fans think Josh Gordon may be next. That their current guys in charge never liked the pick & that basically Banner & Lombardi want to win with their guys and their guys only.

More dependent on line play than Luck, imo. Richardson had the benefit of playing behind the best line in the country. He just downgraded lines going from Cleveland to Indy.

If the Colts were getting Lesean Mccoy they'd be nearing Denver in the AFC. They just got a 1992 Chris Warren(shorter version, of course).

I don't think Richardson is Barry Sanders, either, but I think he's going to have a few really good years for Indy.

I don't think Richardson is Barry Sanders, either, but I think he's going to have a few really good years for Indy.

Fast track, dome- dynamic playmaker in Hilton(who doesnt even see the field on first and second down over friggin heyward-Bey). Colts are suddenly trying to be the Seahawks. I dont get it. Irsay is an attention whore is all I can come up with.

Fast track, dome- dynamic playmaker in Hilton(who doesnt even see the field on first and second down over friggin heyward-Bey). Colts are suddenly trying to be the Seahawks. I dont get it. Irsay is an attention whore is all I can come up with.

Nobody is winning it all without a decent running game anymore, though. You at least have to try and piece one together. If they get three decent (1000-1300 yd) seasons out of Richardson, then it'll be remembered as a good trade. I think.

Nobody is winning it all without a decent running game anymore, though. You at least have to try and piece one together. If they get three decent (1000-1300 yd) seasons out of Richardson, then it'll be remembered as a good trade. I think.

Especially for just one late 1st rounder.  

The same Lesean McCoy who put up practically worse numbers than Trich did?  Now all of a sudden he's not longer playing behind a JV-high school line and he looks like the stud that he is.  Outside of Adrian Peterson, there's not a single running back in this league who can put up those types of yards and be his teams entire offense when opposing teams are stacking the box because you're their only weapon.  

They were broken ribs, not bruised and that's far more of a toll on your body. AD was marveled at for his quick recovery, but the knee wasn't causing him to barely be able to breath just walking up and down the stairs, let alone being pummeled by giant men.

The same Lesean McCoy who put up practically worse numbers than Trich did?  Now all of a sudden he's not longer playing behind a JV-high school line and he looks like the stud that he is.  Outside of Adrian Peterson, there's not a single running back in this league who can put up those types of yards and be his teams entire offense when opposing teams are stacking the box because you're their only weapon.  

They were broken ribs, not bruised and that's far more of a toll on your body. AD was marveled at for his quick recovery, but the knee wasn't causing him to barely be able to breath just walking up and down the stairs, let alone being pummeled by giant men.

Mccoy's on pace to shatter Barry's records for missed tackles in a season. Mccoy's resume before his down year(concussion) last year was that of an elite player. McCoy, on his own is an absurd talent and a guy who can carry an offense. Spiller is going down that road too. A 240lb fire hydrant isnt that type of guy. You have to be able to create on your own at the second level- Richardson doesnt do that, which is totally independent of QB or line play. We knew Shonn Greene wasnt any good when he was putting up good numbers.

Richardson is nowhere near that level of talent.

Mccoy's on pace to shatter Barry's records for missed tackles in a season. Mccoy's resume before his down year last year was that of an elite player.

Exactly, he's an elite talent, but with a broken down team last year he looked completely pedestrian.  Watch what Trich does when he dives into that play book, you're gonna see consistent top 5 RB numbers out of this kid.  That's pretty much where the discussion ends, as this won't be answered for another couple years.  But oh yes, I'll remember Matthew 3 3 9. 

Mccoy's on pace to shatter Barry's records for missed tackles in a season. Mccoy's resume before his down year(concussion) last year was that of an elite player. McCoy, on his own is an absurd talent and a guy who can carry an offense. Spiller is going down that road too. A 240lb fire hydrant isnt that type of guy. You have to be able to create on your own at the second level- Richardson doesnt do that, which is totally independent of QB or line play. We knew Shonn Greene wasnt any good when he was putting up good numbers.

You misspoke. The last word in your post should be "production".

Exactly, he's an elite talent, but with a broken down team last year he looked completely pedestrian.  Watch what Trich does when he dives into that play book, you're gonna see consistent top 5 RB numbers out of this kid.  That's pretty much where the discussion ends, as this won't be answered for another couple years.  But oh yes, I'll remember Matthew 3 3 9. 

The ability to make people miss has nothing to do with the team you're on. Mccoy had the concussion issues last year and still averaged 4.2 a clip.

I'm fairly certain you're on SEC guy, which makes it harder for you to see the light. I've got not dog in this race, its just my opinion. You want to talk about elite Bama talent.... Julio Jones is an absolute stud and the Falcons could have given up another first round pick to get him. 

Why Trent gets the most hype out of the last 3, I dont get. No one had any issues admitting Ingram wasnt that good.

Meh, he's not nearly as bad as you're making him out to be.  This is the old Curtis Martin debate, just because he's not Barry Sanders, doesnt mean he sucks.  Having a clock eating tempo RB who is versatile is an enormous advantage and flat out helps you win ball games.  Its way too often overlooked.  Especially for a team like the Colts who can now keep a defense guessing. 

The guy scored 12 total TD's last year as a rookie with a rookie QB on one of the worst teams in the NFL.  The Colts had 6 rushing TD's come from their RBs, Luck had 5.  Richardson was also a nice safety option for Weeden out of the backfield adding 50 receptions.

He's going to help Luck and that offense.  No doubt about it.

Did Matt really just compare Trent Richardson to Shonn Greene?  Is this real life?

Jim Brown called him ordinary.

And no, I wasnt comparing. But Shonn Greene was given enormous holes to bounce through and everyone thought we had a feature back. He stunk because he had no moves at the second level. Something Richardson has struggled with. 

What's your take on Richardson? Since when do we give running backs the benefit of the doubt of being on bad teams? CJ Spiller seems to do ok.

Archived