8 Reasons its better to be a Bills fan, than a Jets fan...

SweetLee83

From yahoo....I'm sure you guys will have a feast on this lol..the 8 reasons are in the link..

Both the Buffalo Bills andNew York Jets enter their Week 2 showdown with 1-1 records, having each lost a close game to the New England Patriots to go with their respective wins. With both the Patriots andMiami Dolphins sitting at 2-0, it is not a stretch to say that both the Bills and Jets need a win in Week 3 to avoid falling too far behind in the ultra-competitive AFC East. 

Not only will the game have big implications for the players on the field, it will also have implications for the fans of the two teams watching. Considering that the Bills and Jets are in relatively close proximity to one another, there is some overlap between the fan bases, especially in Upstate New York. Luckily for Bills fans, not only should their squad take care of business on the field, being a Bills fan is just generally better than being a Jets fan. Here are the eight reasons why:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/eight-reasons-better-buffalo-bills-fan-york-jets-142600520--nfl.html

1. Your Team Actually Plays in New York

Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with New Jersey, but holding yourself out as being from a particular state should mean something. MetLife Stadium, the home of the Jets and Giants, is comfortably situated in East Rutherford, New Jersey. As a result, the Bills are left to be "New York's Team" by default.

2. You Are Not in Big Brother's Shadow

Speaking of the Giants, it must be difficult for Jets fans to walk around the streets of New York City with much confidence considering their lack of relative success compared to their big brother. The Giants have won two recent Super Bowls, while the Jets have made fools of themselves time and time again. To be sure, the Bills have not had a ton of recent success, but at least you don't see Bills fans jumping ship to root for a better team that plays in the same stadium.

3. You Don't Have to Justify Crazy Things Rex Ryan Says and Does

New Bills head coach Doug Marrone is a man of few words. He generally keeps things close to the vest and avoids any controversy with the media. If you were to take the exact opposite of the preceding two sentences you would have Rex Ryan. Whether it be about guaranteeing Super Bowls, making obscene gestures, yelling about quarterback decisions, or dealing with women's feet, it seems like there is always something embarrassing out there about Rex that Jets fans have to explain away.

4. Your Team's Leadership is Unifed

Speaking of Rex and quarterbacks, it seems like every year the Jets leadership is not on the same page with respect to some quarterback decision. Whether it involve Mark Sanchez, Tim Tebow or Geno Smith, there is always some sense of dissension. While the Bills may not always have the right guy for the job (I'm looking at you J.P. Losman), at least the team is generally on the same page on who that guy is.

5. No Fireman Ed

Fireman Ed, the Jets' unofficial mascot who used to lead one of the most annoying chants in sports ("J.E.T.S. Jets! Jets! Jets!), was bad enough by himself. When, in typical Jets fashion, he gets into a dispute with other Jets fans and quits in a tantrum? It's another reason why it's not fun being a Jets fan.

6. Your Throwback Uniforms Actually Look Cool

The Bills have one of the most majestic throwback uniforms in all of sports. The white helmet with the red standing buffalo will always be one of the coolest looking pieces of equipment ever made. One couldn't be faulted for saying the Bills' thrilling Week 2 come-from-behind win against the Carolina Panthers was made that much better by them wearing the throwbacks. On the other hand, when the Jets decide to wear throwback uniforms, fans end up unsure what team they are even watching.

7. Your Team is on the Way Up

Between the Sanchez drama and the fact that the rest of the offense is in shambles, it is difficult to see how the Jets can quickly get back into contention in the AFC East shark tank. In contrast, the Bills have new coaches, a new quarterback and some of the most explosive players in the league in C.J. Spiller and Mario Williams. For fans, it is much better to know you are going to have a chance to see a playoff team in the near future as opposed to having to wait through a rebuilding phase (as Bills fans know).

8. Your Team Cares About Winning and Not Cheap Marketing Ploys

Did somebody mention Tim Tebow?

1) Buffalo sucks. It might as well be Canada. I've been there. I'd rather live in Baghdad.

2)The Jets get more media coverage than any team in the country. If we didn't share the city it would be worse.

3)Rex Ryan is a great defensive coach and, at the very least, is entertaining and very obviously cares about his team.

4) The last notable player on the bills was O.J. Simpson. Enough said.

5) He's gone, so why is he mentioned? I also happen to like the drumline..

6) I'll give you this one. If the Jets went back to the uni's of the 80's and early 90's I'd be stoked.

7) I'm not sure the Bills are on their way up. And I like the Jets defense and think it is set up to be a powerhouse for years to come.

8) Once again, OJ Simpson. At least he wasn't a Jet.

Oh, and someone needs to tell all these repetitive morons that the Jets are named after the city of New York, not the state, which is still the closest major metropolitan area to where they play (of which East Rutherford actually qualifies as a suburb).  The Redskins are headquartered in Virginia and play in Maryland, but I don't hear anyone constantly rambling on about them being named Washington.  The Cowboys stadium is also in Arlington, not Dallas.  And isn't there one other team who doesn't play in the city they are named for?  Hmmm, let me think about that.  Oh, and that's right... the BUFFALO Bills play in Orchard Park.  ******* idiots.

Oh, and someone needs to tell all these repetitive morons that the Jets are named after the city of New York, not the state, which is still the closest major metropolitan area to where they play (of which East Rutherford actually qualifies as a suburb). The Redskins are headquartered in Virginia and play in Maryland, but I don't hear anyone constantly rambling on about them being named Washington. The Cowboys stadium is also in Arlington, not Dallas. And isn't there one other team who doesn't play in the city they are named for? Hmmm, let me think about that. Oh, and that's right... the BUFFALO Bills play in Orchard Park. ******* idiots.

I love it when you get fired up.

As for people bashing the city of Buffalo, I'd gladly house you and show off the area. WNY gets a bad rap for some reason, I guess because it isn't a bustling epi center of business or fashion, or because it sometimes snows a lot here. 

There so many beautiful areas, and lots of awesome stuff to do here, and the people couldn't be nicer. I think most people that have never been here, from out of town end up leaving with a different opinion.

Of course not everyone, but most. I like it the way it is, if it got too big it wouldn't be the same. The water front is awesome and getting better by the second, as it downtown, lots of work going on.

Plus the food, my favorite part.

/side tracked prideful post

As for team to team smack have at it, but I do disagree on no notable players since OJ. Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly, Andre Reed, are pretty notable and all but Reed are HOF'ers.

As for people bashing the city of Buffalo, I'd gladly house you and show off the area. WNY gets a bad rap for some reason, I guess because it isn't a bustling epi center of business or fashion, or because it sometimes snows a lot here. 

There so many beautiful areas, and lots of awesome stuff to do here, and the people couldn't be nicer. I think most people that have never been here, from out of town end up leaving with a different opinion.

Of course not everyone, but most. I like it the way it is, if it got too big it wouldn't be the same. The water front is awesome and getting better by the second, as it downtown, lots of work going on.

As for team to team smack have at it, but I do disagree on no notable players since OJ. Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly, Andre Reed, are pretty notable and all but Reed are HOF'ers.

I went to Buffalo last fall for a wedding. Yes, it was snowing in October. But it's a beautiful area. I won't knock your town dude.

With that said, give me the Jets any day over the Bills.

my brother in law is a bills fan

the 4 straight super bowl losses have scarred him so badly, he hopes the bills never make the playoffs again

the last super bowl he made a gigantic bills logo sign for his roof.

after the game he was basically crying as he took it down and destroyed it with his bare hands

so yeah go bills

1. Your Team Actually Plays in New York -- Yeah, but not the part of NY that actually matters.

2. You Are Not in Big Brother's Shadow -- Yet, you still hinge on relevancy.

3. You Don't Have to Justify Crazy Things Rex Ryan Says and Does -- If you coach said something crazy, it's unlikely anyone would notice or care.

4. Your Team's Leadership is Unifed -- Are they?  I didn't notice or care.

5. No Fireman Ed -- I don't think anyone cares about this either.

6. Your Throwback Uniforms Actually Look Cool -- Your money grab looks better than our money grab.  Oh no.

7. Your Team is on the Way Up -- Are they?  I didn't notice.

8. Your Team Cares About Winning and Not Cheap Marketing Ploys -- Then why don't they win?

I went to Buffalo last fall for a wedding. Yes, it was snowing in October. But it's a beautiful area. I won't knock your town dude.

With that said, give me the Jets any day over the Bills.

Ha, yeah some snow will randomly fall then, I trick or treated in the snow before. 

Fair enough, no issues with the Jets or their fans, they are my least hated divisional foe. 

Yeah, no, it's a garbage dump. I've been there several times. I get depressed just thinking about it.

my brother in law is a bills fan

the 4 straight super bowl losses have scarred him so badly, he hopes the bills never make the playoffs again

the last super bowl he made a gigantic bills logo sign for his roof.

after the game he was basically crying as he took it down and destroyed it with his bare hands

so yeah go bills

hahahahahaha wow!

hahahahahaha wow!

the worst part ?

I swear to god this is true

his back up team, or # 2 team is the san diego super chargers

when they made it for the 5th straight year, he didn't even have a party, watched the game basically alone

SweetLee - I'll be at the Bills/Jets game in Buffalo in November.   Hopefully you can point me in the right direction for the tailgate.   

#1 reason it's  better to be a Bills fan = no PSLs

ps.   no, I am not the real Lionel Richie

IT'S A TRAP

My brother has lived in Buffalo for the last seven years. The wings are great, but the city itself is a smoldering, post-industrial hellscape that makes Detroit look like Vienna. The fact that we're even having this conversation is a runaway lollercoaster.

Oh, and someone needs to tell all these repetitive morons that the Jets are named after the city of New York, not the state, which is still the closest major metropolitan area to where they play (of which East Rutherford actually qualifies as a suburb).  The Redskins are headquartered in Virginia and play in Maryland, but I don't hear anyone constantly rambling on about them being named Washington.  The Cowboys stadium is also in Arlington, not Dallas.  And isn't there one other team who doesn't play in the city they are named for?  Hmmm, let me think about that.  Oh, and that's right... the BUFFALO Bills play in Orchard Park.  ******* idiots.

Yea but its more fun to **** with the Jet fans that are still pissed about the Jets not even being in the same state as the city they're named after.

Archived