Nicely done..

SweetLee83

The Jets came to play and the Bills didn't yesterday. Rex had the right pressures dialed up to keep the offense off balance. The Jets defense is still really good. Even though Spiller didn't play in the 2nd half, he was still held to nothing when he was out there. 

Our LG Colin Brown is the worst lineman in the league, PFT has let us know that and it showed even more yesterday.

The only "excuse" I can come up with, was our pro bowl safety was out, our #1 CB was out and then our #2 CB in McKelvin left in the 1st quarter.

However, smartly, Geno keyed on Justin Rogers who is horrible, and took advantage of it all day. Props to him, we were able to do that against Carolina, and it happened to us last night. 

Anyway, good win for you guys, the Jets were clearly the better team yesterday, and we are brought back to earth a bit, realizing we have a rookie QB, HC, and OC, with lots of young guys, and this is a rebuilding year because of it.

Until next time....now make sure the Phins streak comes to an end soon!

The Jets came to play and the Bills didn't yesterday. Rex had the right pressures dialed up to keep the offense off balance. The Jets defense is still really good. Even though Spiller didn't play in the 2nd half, he was still held to nothing when he was out there. 

Our LG Colin Brown is the worst lineman in the league, PFT has let us know that and it showed even more yesterday.

The only "excuse" I can come up with, was our pro bowl safety was out, our #1 CB was out and then our #2 CB in McKelvin left in the 1st quarter.

However, smartly, Geno keyed on Justin Rogers who is horrible, and took advantage of it all day. Props to him, we were able to do that against Carolina, and it happened to us last night. 

Anyway, good win for you guys, the Jets were clearly the better team yesterday, and we are brought back to earth a bit, realizing we have a rookie QB, HC, and OC, with lots of young guys, and this is a rebuilding year because of it.

All class you are my brother.  Thanks. 

Nice post.  Thanks for not taking advantage of the 158 penalty yards!  Very much appreciated.

We don't see the Fins for a while.  They seem legit.

Damn. Just notice we will have played both New England and Buffalo again before we even see the Fins once. AFC East showdown?  Probably not.  LOL

Seriously.. nothing but class from you. Best in division poster around here. Valid points and I hope we do end miami's streak

Classy.

Serious question and I'm truly not trying to kick you while you're down...but has Manuel looked like that in all 3 outings?  He throws a lot of floaters that are up in the air forever.  Lots of jump balls type, many that didnt even stay on the playing field, seems like he almost concedes the play a little to fast and just throws is up for grabs half the time.

Might have been the pressure but just found it odd.  

I wouldn't call it 'Nicely Done' but a win is a win. This shoulda been a blowout and if Rex hadn't blown two challenges stupidly he would have been able to stop Buffalo's TD drive because Manuel's fumble WAS a fumble. First of all you NEVER challenge a spot, that is about a 2 percent chance of success and the second one had no chance of success either. I don't know who ADVISED Rex to throw the flags, but he should be running laps today until he drops.

Great post SweetLee.

We both have rookie QBs which means that we're both going to see times when they look good as gold and times like they need years of work, lol.

Yesterday was just one of the days your guy didn't look good.  Last Thursday, our guy also didn't look good, (at least in the fourth quarter).  So it goes with a young QB.

Serious question and I'm truly not trying to kick you while you're down...but has Manuel looked like that in all 3 outings?  He throws a lot of floaters that are up in the air forever.  Lots of jump balls type, many that didnt even stay on the playing field, seems like he almost concedes the play a little to fast and just throws is up for grabs half the time.

Might have been the pressure but just found it odd.  

No, this was by far his worst game of the 3 so far. He has thrown a few deep floaters in the previous game, but this was the more frequent and inaccurate he's been. I noticed that too, he just kinda kept throwing up jump balls, and most ended up out of bounds.

I think it was exactly that, the pressure. He had already taken tons of sacks, so instead he's getting rid of the ball sooner than he wanted too and just kinda heaving it up, which could turn out a lot worse.

I think even when he had time he was nervous, just from being pressured so much. 

I would have like more designed roll outs and things like that and get him throwing on the run, out of the pocket, he did that really well at Florida State, and was very accurate. 

No, this was by far his worst game of the 3 so far. He has thrown a few deep floaters in the previous game, but this was the more frequent and inaccurate he's been. I noticed that too, he just kinda kept throwing up jump balls, and most ended up out of bounds.

I think it was exactly that, the pressure. He had already taken tons of sacks, so instead he's getting rid of the ball sooner than he wanted too and just kinda heaving it up, which could turn out a lot worse.

I think even when he had time he was nervous, just from being pressured so much. 

I would have like more designed roll outs and things like that and get him throwing on the run, out of the pocket, he did that really well at Florida State, and was very accurate. 

Thanks.  I was surprised to see so many floaters like that because his accuracy (at least on paper) had been solid the first 2 weeks.  You're going to have highs and lows with a rookie QB, no doubt.  The Jets D definitely had him very uncomfortable and the lack of the run support didnt help.

Those are fighting words. Ducasse is clearly worse. 

That's 3 excuses ;)

It was an exciting game (made all the more exciting by 20 Jets penalties).  Manuel didn't exactly have his best game but the Jets gave him a little window & to his credit he took advantage.  It was a lot easier for Geno, with playing against 3 backups in the secondary, a working ground game, and an OL that was protecting him.  Kid's definitely got a strong arm and can move.

I expect to see far worse games from Manuel in the future, and expect to see horrible games from Geno Smith in the future.  But in NFL age they're both just babies yet & their best football is ahead of them. 

Archived