Has anyone had a chance to look up who leads the league right now in 21+ yard passes?

The Crusher

when Geno stops turning the ball over we can stop comparing him to Mark. Is it too much to ask for a guy to not turn the ball over multiple times every game? How about 1 time? Can he only turn the ball over 1 time a game? 0 is probably too much to ask.

dude, I've never seen someone so completely blind to nuance and subtle distinctions like rookie QB vs veteran QB. kudos.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dude he's got a 53.9% completion percentage. He's got 7 turnovers. Don't look now, but he's in the bottom too. I don't know if it's the bottom 5 across the board... but it's not good.

EDIT Ok i looked it up. He's 13th in yards which is great. he's 22nd in TD which is ok. He's 32nd in comp percentage. He's 31st in INT behind Eli. He's 28th in QB rating. All of those stats are terrible. 

when Geno stops turning the ball over we can stop comparing him to Mark. Is it too much to ask for a guy to not turn the ball over multiple times every game? How about 1 time? Can he only turn the ball over 1 time a game? 0 is probably too much to ask. 

So 3 games into his career and he's already better than 2-time Super Bowl winner Eli Manning.  Nice.

dude, I've never seen someone so completely blind to nuance and subtle distinctions like rookie QB vs veteran QB. kudos.

this thread title is some kind of "let's find good Geno stats" exercise

who leads the league in 21 yard+ passes ... not Geno

finding stats, but dont bring up he's dead last in completion percentage and almost the most intercepting-est QB in the league

only people who would do that are idiots with an agenda

and by the way you didn't even address my question

if Geno smith goes 1 game without turning the ball over you guys can say he's good or whatever. but not until then. 

Sanchez had one good day against Buffalo in his 4th season.  Geno had 1 really good day against Buffalo in his 3rd game.  When he wasn't even supposed to be out there (remember the "he ain't ready" arguments for starting Sanchez or even Matt f-ing Simms?).  Big difference.

I think Sanchez had like 6 turnover in his first ever game against Buffalo. A low scoring game like 12-9 or something like that.

I think Sanchez had like 6 turnover in his first ever game against Buffalo. A low scoring game like 12-9 or something like that.

proving Sanchez sucks is not the same as proving Geno is good. 

Geno has had 3 games in this league and all of em were multiple turnover affairs.

proving Sanchez sucks is not the same as proving Geno is good. 

Geno has had 3 games in this league and all of em were multiple turnover affairs.

LOL.  You're the one who brought him into the thread.

After everything else, did you figure you'd give losing an argument to yourself a try?

I think you read that wrong.  See below:

Of Powell’s 149 yards, a whopping 83 came after contact, according to ProFootballFocus.com. Powell’s 114 yards after contact this season tie him with Seattle’s Marshawn Lynch for ninth in the league.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-insider-bilal-turning-heads-article-1.1466427#ixzz2fw8cHMZI

Good stuff, awesome!  Thanks for correcting me, more than glad to be wrong!

dude he's got a 53.9% completion percentage. He's got 7 turnovers. Don't look now, but he's in the bottom too. I don't know if it's the bottom 5 across the board... but it's not good.

EDIT Ok i looked it up. He's 13th in yards which is great. he's 22nd in TD which is ok. He's 32nd in comp percentage. He's 31st in INT behind Eli. He's 28th in QB rating. All of those stats are terrible. 

The stat I like is he has only played 3 games and won 2.  That's a nice one.

this thread title is some kind of "let's find good Geno stats" exercise

who leads the league in 21 yard+ passes ... not Geno

finding stats, but dont bring up he's dead last in completion percentage and almost the most intercepting-est QB in the league

only people who would do that are idiots with an agenda

and by the way you didn't even address my question

if Geno smith goes 1 game without turning the ball over you guys can say he's good or whatever. but not until then. 

Not true.  I just happen to hear it and was too lazy to look it up myself.  I was shocked to find out he was actually tied with Aron freaking Rodgers for like +40 yard passes.  Dude that's like 19 yards better than I thought.  Freaking awesome. 

The stat I like is he has only played 3 games and won 2.  That's a nice one.

Agreed. we are all enjoying this season more than expected. I just want to see him be a little more careful with the football before we annoint him the Gene-chise (or whatever).

the coaching staff (marty) is actually doing a hell of a job with play calling and attacking the other team's weaknesses. 

Agreed. we are all enjoying this season more than expected. I just want to see him be a little more careful with the football before we annoint him the Gene-chise (or whatever).

the coaching staff (marty) is actually doing a hell of a job with play calling and attacking the other team's weaknesses. 

No doubt brother.  This is how you handle a rookie QB!!!! 

I'll take a comp pct of 53% with a nice amount of "throwing it away" from a rookie qb thats 2-1 his first 3 games, with 21+ blah blahs and 40+ blah blahs over Sanchezs 49% with 3 pick6's and leading the league in 6yd passes ANY FREAKING DAY!

GO GENO!

> got a bad feeling about this weekend. the titans D is the best D geno's faced all year, by far. I predict he gets exposed.

going to take a victory lap on this one. Geno in fact sucked and they lost 38-13 in Nashville that year

there are some on this site who remember my misses like Drob but that was back when I actually let the green colored glasses cloud my judgment 

this is what locked in Bitonti looks like. Getting downvoted for calling Geno a POS. I stand by it. 

not that you were serious but Sanchez had a better comp percentage than 49% 

got a bad feeling about this weekend. the titans D is the best D geno's faced all year, by far. I predict he gets exposed.

How so? The patriots have allowed 7 less points per game, have more interceptions, more forced fumbles and only allow 1.3 yards more than tennessee.  Likewise, Tampa Bay has allowed 35 more yards per game, but have more ints, forced fumbles and sacks, while allowing a whopping .3 points more per game.  

I'm not saying Tennessee isn't the best defense we've faced this season, but your hyperbolic statements and gloom and doom prognostication is just exhausting.  

got a bad feeling about this weekend. the titans D is the best D geno's faced all year, by far. I predict he gets exposed.

Slightly exaggerated...yes.

But it wouldnt be to far off if he actually did throw away the ball at times! HA

We are at a time where many things have to fall in line in order for us to be "in the game" (protection, Genos clock, catching the ball...ya know, basic football sh*t, lol) I think Ten has a good D, but I wouldnt put them to far ahead of Tampa...and even tho NE isnt as stout, the bend but dont break has always been tough.

We do have a shot...halfway through offseason I wasnt so sure...Im just appreciative of that BigBit.

My favorite stat is his 7.85 per attempt.

I have no beef with your attempt to cool the Geno is our Savior crowd, but I think you are really underestimating Belicheck's D up in NE, he has quietly put together a bunch of thug turds who can ball on D this year.

In half of Sanchez's starts last year his completion percentage was under 49%, including the last 3 games in September and the fist game in March.  In his 4th NFL season.

Also I think 7 drops in 1 game alone might have an adverse affect on one's completion percentage through 3 games with only 102 attempts.  One might even suggest that were they not dropped then his completion percentage might be 61% (not counting other on-target passes that weren't caught).  But then one would have to be looking at that without an agenda and without trolling the board, so that's out the window.  Because passes that bounce off receivers' hands or chests are just as indicative of poor quarterbacking as ones thrown 5 yards off-target.

Why should anyone care whether you "got a bad feeling" about anything? You had a bad feeling about Peyton Manning and a good feeling about Vernon Gholston.

I have no beef with your attempt to cool the Geno is our Savior crowd, but I think you are really underestimating Belicheck's D up in NE, he has quietly put together a bunch of thug turds who can ball on D this year.

the Pats are 8th (tied) and the Titans are 7th. This is a better D. 

playing the Bills (28th) can lead to unrealistic expectations. 

In half of Sanchez's starts last year his completion percentage was under 49%, including the last 3 games in September and the fist game in March.  In his 4th NFL season.

Also I think 7 drops in 1 game alone might have an adverse affect on one's completion percentage through 3 games with only 102 attempts.  One might even suggest that were they not dropped then his completion percentage might be 61% (not counting other on-target passes that weren't caught).  But then one would have to be looking at that without an agenda and without trolling the board, so that's out the window.  Because passes that bounce off receivers' hands or chests are just as indicative of poor quarterbacking as ones thrown 5 yards off-target.

Why should anyone care whether you "got a bad feeling" about anything? You had a bad feeling about Peyton Manning and a good feeling about Vernon Gholston.

actually it's a fair point without drops Geno is in the range of 60%. That is absolutely true. 

The more troubling fact is that he's had multiple turnovers in every game. If we are playing the "what if" game with drops, why not play it with the shotgun snap that goes over Geno's head?  Or the trouble "just throw it to the flat" throw he had in 4Q in a tied bills game. He's had good breaks and bad. 

as for the Peyton vs Gholston comment I take it as a compliment that you remember what I say. So that I don't have to. Thanks buddy. 

actually it's a fair point without drops Geno is in the range of 60%. That is absolutely true. 

The more troubling fact is that he's had multiple turnovers in every game. If we are playing the "what if" game with drops, why not play it with the shotgun snap that goes over Geno's head?  Or the trouble "just throw it to the flat" throw he had in 4Q in a tied bills game. He's had good breaks and bad. 

as for the Peyton vs Gholston comment I take it as a compliment that you remember what I say. So that I don't have to. Thanks buddy.

Shotgun snap was Mangold's fault.

And he's a fool who doesn't expect a raw rookie to make mistakes, particularly in his first bunch of games.

the Pats are 8th (tied) and the Titans are 7th. This is a better D. 

playing the Bills (28th) can lead to unrealistic expectations. 

You spend pages talking about how ignorant people are for only mentioning the stats that support their argument, then you go ahead and do the exact same thing: Re: Using total yards instead of ppg as your barometer.  The Titans allow 1.3 yards yards less per game than the pats but a are giving up a whopping 7.4 ppg more than the patriots and are forcing less turnovers than new england as well.  What will be your excuse if the Jets win and they have then beaten 2 top ten and 1 top 15 defense?

steve young always says it takes 5 years to learn how to QB in the NFL

Steve Young was and is a moron (ever hear him talk?  lulza.  He's lucky he had Jerry Rice and some crazy athleticism) and the game has changed drastically since he played.  QB's are given more and more responsibility sooner, and some of these young guys have had to gain an understanding of the game sooner.  No longer can you sit behind a veteran for 2 years.  At most you get a half season like Jake Locker did behind Matt Hasselbeck.

The more troubling fact is that he's had multiple turnovers in every game. If we are playing the "what if" game with drops, why not play it with the shotgun snap that goes over Geno's head? Or the trouble "just throw it to the flat" throw he had in 4Q in a tied bills game. He's had good breaks and bad.

Out of curiosity, since you started this nonsense...How long did it take for Sanchez to have a 300 yard game?

Archived