Has anyone had a chance to look up who leads the league right now in 21+ yard passes?

The Crusher

Out of curiosity, since you started this nonsense...How long did it take for Sanchez to have a 300 yard game?

they all aren't gonna be the Bills at home. If there's one point you can draw out of my ramblings, that's it.  Sanchez owned that team last year opening day and it was fools gold. This game coming up against the Titans in Nashville is a whole nother thing. WE should temper the "geno is savior" stuff until he gets through a game without turning the ball over. Why is that such a wild and crazy idea? 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What will be your excuse if the Jets win and they have then beaten 2 top ten and 1 top 15 defense?

the Geno Smith situation is one where Im extremely happy to be wrong. I would like nothing more than to him to prove me dead wrong and go bananas and win a Super Bowl. Its the best possible outcome. 

they all aren't gonna be the Bills at home. If there's one point you can draw out of my ramblings, that's it.  Sanchez owned that team last year opening day and it was fools gold. This game coming up against the Titans in Nashville is a whole nother thing. WE should temper the "geno is savior" stuff until he gets through a game without turning the ball over. Why is that such a wild and crazy idea? 

I'm sorry, how long did it take Sanchez again?  You seemed to skip over the part that I asked you a question. 

I'm sorry, how long did it take Sanchez again?  You seemed to skip over the part that I asked you a question. 

half way through 2010. Geno is getting much better coaching it's absolutely true that the offensive system and the OC is far better now than it was at any point in Mark's career. 

now let me ask you a question

when did Sanchez have his first INT free game? 

guess who wrote this ?

A weekly examination of the New York Jets' quarterback play: 

RewindGeno Smith enjoyed the best game of his young career, becoming the first rookie in Jets history to throw for 300 yards and two touchdowns. He attacked a depleted Bills secondary, completing five passes of 21 yards or more, according to ESPN Stats & Information. For the season, he has completed nine passes in that category, tied with the Packers' Aaron Rodgers for the league lead. On the downside, Smith threw two more interceptions, bringing his total to six. As a comparison, Mark Sanchez didn't throw his sixth interception as a rookie until his sixth game. 

Smith

Fast-forward: Smith faces the Titans (2-1) in his second road start. He will encounter an aggressive 4-3 scheme that likes to play man-to-man coverage. The Titans are ranked seventh in total defense and they can pressure the quarterback (nine sacks), but it's not a frightening unit. Opposing quarterbacks have an 85.9 passer rating against them. Much will be made of the Smith-Jake Locker matchup. Smith has seven turnovers; the Titans' quarterback has been turnover-free. 

Music City memory: Every time he plays a solid game, Smith creates separation from previous starter Sanchez, who still hopes to play when he returns from injured reserve in November. Smith can really widen the gap if he plays well in Nashville, of all places -- the scene of Sanchez's demise. With the chance to get the Jets back into playoff contention last December, Sanchez threw four interceptions and lost a fumble in a "Monday Night Football" loss that resulted in his benching. A big game by Smith will show, if only symbolically, that the team is better off than last year. 

Prediction: Smith's patience will be tested because the Titans don't give up a lot of big plays in the passing game. If he can avoid being overly aggressive, he has a chance to have a highly efficient day.

half way through 2010. Geno is getting much better coaching it's absolutely true that the offensive system and the OC is far better now than it was at any point in Mark's career. 

Second game of the season, where he only threw the ball 22 times for 164 yards and just 1 td.  However, he followed that superb play up by completing 53 of 110 passes in 5 games to a tune of 48%, 3 tds to 9 ints: one of the games against the bills he threw 5 ints and our defense only allowed 16 pts.  

Geno already has 110 attempts on the season compared to marks 364 for the whole season; yes, Geno is turning the ball over more per attempt at this point, but he's being asked to do much more, much earlier than Mark. Geno is simply playing better than mark at the same stages of their career and this isn't me just being a blatant homer; it may not be a marked improvement, but there certainly is an improvement. 

Second game of the season, where he only threw the ball 22 times for 164 yards and just 1 td.  However, he followed that superb play up by completing 53 of 110 passes in 5 games to a tune of 48%, 3 tds to 9 ints: one of the games against the bills he threw 5 ints and our defense only allowed 16 pts.  

Geno already has 110 attempts on the season compared to marks 364 for the whole season; yes, Geno is turning the ball over more per attempt at this point, but he's being asked to do much more, much earlier than Mark. Geno is simply playing better than mark at the same stages of their career and this isn't me just being a blatant homer; it may not be a marked improvement, but there certainly is an improvement. 

that second game of the season was home vs NEP and the Jets actually won 16-9. so far the Geno led Jets are beating mediocre and bad teams and they lost to the only good team they played. TEN qualifies as a good team this year lets see how the kid does.

let me be clear I am not trying to prove Geno stinks or is worse than Mark. I am just not convinced he is better than 2009 Sanchez. Before the season I thought to get this team to .500 would be a miracle of coaching. that's pretty much where they are now. They could lose alot of games before the bye. I don't root for it and hope to be wrong. 

Steve Young was and is a moron (ever hear him talk?  lulza.  He's lucky he had Jerry Rice and some crazy athleticism) and the game has changed drastically since he played.  QB's are given more and more responsibility sooner, and some of these young guys have had to gain an understanding of the game sooner.  No longer can you sit behind a veteran for 2 years.  At most you get a half season like Jake Locker did behind Matt Hasselbeck.

you are arguing a different issue.  he isn't saying a rookie should sit, and he wasn't even discussing geno.  are you saying you know more about playing QB in the NFL than young ?

and fwiw, he knows morningwood pretty well, I'm sure you know why

you are arguing a different issue.  he isn't saying a rookie should sit, and he wasn't even discussing geno.  are you saying you know more about playing QB in the NFL than young ?

and fwiw, he knows morningwood pretty well, I'm sure you know why

Yes, I'm saying Steve Young is a moron.

lmfao - his second game.  It was great and a clear indicator of his future success playing mistake free Football.  If only Mark Sanchez had Marty Mornhinweg his whole career....HOF. 

• 4 years later...

Archived