Has anyone else noticed Giants fans are in hiding?

joewilly12

I thought this post was going to be about something else (Giants fans not talking trash on the forums or something like that).  To me, I don't really concern myself much w/ the Giants.  They're not really our rival.  They're in another conference.  We rarely play them.  We don't have a lot of meaningful games against them (a couple of years ago being an exception).  And even if they're having their troubles right now, we shouldn't talk any trash.  They've won 4 superbowls and 2 in the past few years.  Plus it was Rex who started whatever "rivalry" or "feud" we've had w/ them the past few years (by talking trash about them).  Honestly, I don't have a problem w/ the Giants' organization. 

I thought this post was going to be about something else (Giants fans not talking trash on the forums or something like that).  To me, I don't really concern myself much w/ the Giants.  They're not really our rival.  They're in another conference.  We rarely play them.  We don't have a lot of meaningful games against them (a couple of years ago being an exception).  And even if they're having their troubles right now, we shouldn't talk any trash.  They've won 4 superbowls and 2 in the past few years.  Plus it was Rex who started whatever "rivalry" or "feud" we've had w/ them the past few years (by talking trash about them).  Honestly, I don't have a problem w/ the Giants' organization. 

I disagree. I think they are absolutely our rival in ways that not even the Pats or Dolphins are. We share a city. I've never had a Pats fan call me a "stupid Jets fan". We've never had to share a backpage with the Pats. I think the Giants are a rival.

If you live in new york or new jersey (I suppose depending on where) they certainly seem like rivals to me and usually at the creation of the giants' fans.  As you said, I could care less about an out of conference team, but when you constantly are being trolled by an opposing teams fans who go out of their way to belittle your team and you for liking them since f*cking kindergarten, after about 5th grade you really start to develop a healthy distaste for them and their team.

This is true though. On Facebook there is no Giants talk. There is no blue on the streets. Where did it all go???????

All so true. This entire off-season my FB wall was covered with posts on how the Jets were a joke, and every Giants player was the bestest ever. It was unbearable.

Now? Crickets.

I disagree. I think they are absolutely our rival in ways that not even the Pats or Dolphins are. We share a city. I've never had a Pats fan call me a "stupid Jets fan". We've never had to share a backpage with the Pats. I think the Giants are a rival.

I root for the Giants to lose every single week unless they are playing a team that we need to lose etc.  Other than that,the more demoralizing the loss the better.  38-0 to the Panthers qualifies. It's been a good week.

Now if the friggin Dolphins would just stop winning. Living in Ft. Lauderdale is tough when those turds start winning. Worst fans in the world IMO.

I do not hate the Giants.  But I root for them in an odd way.  On days they play early, I root for them to lose in case the Jets lose later in the day.   When the Jets win early, I kinda don't care either way what they do.  

I root for them to lose in the playoffs.

Oh, except that I root for the Giants against the Pats in the SB

Totally situational.  Weird.

I do not hate the Giants.  But I root for them in an odd way.  On days they play early, I root for them to lose in case the Jets lose later in the day.   When the Jets win early, I kinda don't care either way what they do.  

I root for them to lose in the playoffs.

Oh, except that I root for the Giants against the Pats in the SB

Totally situational.  Weird.

Even weirder; I rooted for the Giants in their first Super Bowl against the Pats and rooted for the Pats the second time they played. I KNEW Giant fans would be insufferable if they won with that team that caught every Goddamned break imaginable.

I do not hate the Giants.  But I root for them in an odd way.  

I used to be this way.  But the last few years their fans have turned into the biggest bunch of a$$holes.  Their team has won two Super Bowls recently, and yet all their fans ever talk about is us. It is a strange obsession they seem to have, especially since Rex became the coach.  My guess is it's because the Jets have gotten more attention locally and nationally since he's come here.   

Anyway, I root against them every week now.  Last Sunday was fantastic.

Even weirder; I rooted for the Giants in their first Super Bowl against the Pats and rooted for the Pats the second time they played. I KNEW Giant fans would be insufferable if they won with that team that caught every Goddamned break imaginable.

Same here.  I loved it when they beat the Pats in '07, and was praying Brady would destroy them in 2011.  Maybe that's why I hate them so much now.  They made me root for Tom Brady.  :mad0259:

Same here.  I loved it when they beat the Pats in '07, and was praying Brady would destroy them in 2011.  Maybe that's why I hate them so much now.  They made me root for Tom Brady.  :mad0259:

LOL I know. I feel so dirty.

Even worse (or better, as it turned out), I had to be in Boston that week for a Regional Forum (my region was New England). We had a Super Bowl party in this ballroom and I was surrounded by Pats fans. I had a blast doing laps after Burress caught that pass.

I'm waiting until we get thru this weekend before I go looking for the Giants fan in my building. He made it a point to stop by every Monday during the last two years to "discuss" how the Jets did on Sunday and cast pity upon the franchise. I do hope we beat Tennessee and the Giants get their ass handed to them. It would be a glorious Monday indeed.

I think that's the point though, it's much more of a fan rivalry than it is a real competitive team rivalry.  The thing that I find funny is, that while there are obviously exceptions to every rule (such as this thread), but it seems like a lot of times it's actually the Giants fans who are more worried about what the Jets are doing than vice versa.

I always feel like that, for the most part, when the Jets are actually experiencing any sort of success, our fans for the most part could not give less of a sh*t about what the Giants or any other team is doing.  Yet it seems that even when the Giants are succeeding and the Jets are playing like crap, there are still Giants fans who cannot help but carry on about the Jets failures just as much as they do about anything regarding their team.  For such a significantly more successful team, it almost seems like they are the ones with the inferiority complex.

The Giants dont bother me. I live in Giants country. My entire family is giants fans, my colleagues at work are all giants fans. I couldn't care less whether any of them wear giants clothes or hats or whatever. 

And if they do talk smack it opens the lines for a conversation on football, which is fine by me. Maybe because I don't see it on social media, because Im not on facebook and only follow work and jets people on twitter, i just don't get the hate. 

I hate dolphins and patriots fans more than i could ever hate a giants fan. 

The Giants dont bother me. I live in Giants country. My entire family is giants fans, my colleagues at work are all giants fans. I couldn't care less whether any of them wear giants clothes or hats or whatever. 

And if they do talk smack it opens the lines for a conversation on football, which is fine by me. Maybe because I don't see it on social media, because Im not on facebook and only follow work and jets people on twitter, i just don't get the hate. 

I hate dolphins and patriots fans more than i could ever hate a giants fan. 

I feel the same way! Girlfriend is actually a big Giant fan but never once has she said anything to me about the superbowls in a bragging way and they beat the Pats in both of them so I was happy as could be! Plus, I realize how lucky I am that my girlfriend is such a huge football fan in general. 

I'm really surprised hearing that some people were actually hoping the Pats won.....that's crazy to me. I hate that ******* team with an undying passion. It's way worse hearing all about how amazing the Pats are from every media outlet ever than hearing how amazing the Giants are from their fans.

You are better than me... I cannot root for the Pats in the superbowl...

Ever....

I live in a relatively small town and usually Giants fans are all wearing gear this morning in the Dunkin Donuts a guy says to me at least the Jets are winning I say you a Giants fan and he says hell yeah. I said are you one of those fans who wont wear Giants gear cause they are losing?  He and 3 others in line said they wont wear it until they win.

FU ALL GIANTS FANS!!!!!!!!!!!

I live in a relatively small town and usually Giants fans are all wearing gear this morning in the Dunkin Donuts a guy says to me at least the Jets are winning I say you a Giants fan and he says hell yeah. I said are you one of those fans who wont wear Giants gear cause they are losing?  He and 3 others in line said they wont wear it until they win.

FU ALL GIANTS FANS!!!!!!!!!!!

If your biggest worry is that giants fans don't wear clothes while Laing, consider yourself a lucky man.

I think that's the point though, it's much more of a fan rivalry than it is a real competitive team rivalry.  The thing that I find funny is, that while there are obviously exceptions to every rule (such as this thread), but it seems like a lot of times it's actually the Giants fans who are more worried about what the Jets are doing than vice versa.

I always feel like that, for the most part, when the Jets are actually experiencing any sort of success, our fans for the most part could not give less of a sh*t about what the Giants or any other team is doing.  Yet it seems that even when the Giants are succeeding and the Jets are playing like crap, there are still Giants fans who cannot help but carry on about the Jets failures just as much as they do about anything regarding their team.  For such a significantly more successful team, it almost seems like they are the ones with the inferiority complex.

Couldnt agree more. Giants fans are generally more preoccupied with what the Jets are doing than vice versa, even when they are trotting through the playoffs. 

Still though, I absolutely HATE the patriots, and Boston athletics for that matter (except maybe Bruins). It seems whenever the patriots are spoken about by anyone its either them praising Tom Brady, praising Bill Belicheck, praising their draft picks, or talking about how these terrible players like Zach Sudfield are going to breakout. Just talking about it raises my blood pressure. 

I dont feel nearly as much hate towards the Giants, only person I dislike on their team is Justin Tuck. 

Archived