Geno Is The Freakin Man!!!

neckdemon

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's ridiculous.  Someone made a post that he's got 11 turnovers and is therefore on pace for 44 turnovers.  All I said (initially) was that it was the identical pace Manning was on as a rookie in 1998.  The point wasn't that because he had 11 turnovers he's going to turn into Peyton Manning, or any type of future success.  That's ludicrous.  Rather, the point is that 11 turnovers are not indicative of guaranteed future or career failure.

After that it grew into some fiction about Manning's perfect footwork and form and pocket presence even through those first 4 games.  That through it all, Manning didn't throw off his back foot and always stepped into his throws or some other nonsense like that.

Smith may be a total bust who is ultimately, at his very best, unworthy of the roster spot Brady Quinn currently occupies.  But even if that's the case, it isn't because of the number of turnovers in his first 4 starts.  Just like immediate success (or moderate success) isn't indicative that a player will be a reliable starter either.

Fair. The last paragraph is the whole thing in a nutshell. Today we don't know except so far despite some flashes Smith has been bad. Byu the same token nor do we know about Simms. And there are comps for each that are encouraging and discouraging.Whcih means really drawing any conclusions on such comps is a fools' game.

My point is Simms is an unknown, if the Jets don't figure to win anything at some point if this Smith debacle keeps up he should get a shot.

Fair. The last paragraph is the whole thing in a nutshell. Today we don't know except so far despite some flashes Smith has been bad. Byu the same token nor do we know about Simms. And there are comps for each that are encouraging and discouraging.Whcih means really drawing any conclusions on such comps is a fools' game.

My point is Simms is an unknown, if the Jets don't figure to win anything at some point if this Smith debacle keeps up he should get a shot.

He's the #2 QB.  I'm sure if he was lighting it up in practice, particularly while Smith is screwing up, we'd hear about it.

The producer on Sunday sure wanted to get things started by getting camera shots of Simms on the sideline several times.

geno is a sandlot QB.  he looks like he has never had any coaching.  since we know he has had coaching, he is obviously just ignoring it.  that behind the back move showed he is just ******* around out there.  

wait a minute when I made this comparison with Sanchez you claimed how Peyton showed such incredible promise now you claim he had all these issues and you named just about every aspect of the position. Really ? going to bust ? interesting

huh? and we are talkign 4 games.. not 2 years dippy do

Smith has 8 interceptions. But he doesn't have 8 interceptions that really should have been 12 or 13 (on top of the fumbles) if opposing DBs didn't have butterfingers.  That was Sanchez as a rookie.

Sanchez as a rookie gave this franchise hope. Geno Smith right now is playing like Mark Sanchez at his worst. He's already had a butt fumble it took Mark 4 years to get to that level of insanity. Heck even in preseason he was running out the back of the endzone.

SMS 

Start Matt Simms. 

He's the #2 QB.  I'm sure if he was lighting it up in practice, particularly while Smith is screwing up, we'd hear about it.

The producer on Sunday sure wanted to get things started by getting camera shots of Simms on the sideline several times.

Id be shocked if the Jets ever started Simms. My opinion is that the Jets have no intention of benching Smith nor should they. I dont feel the Jets would be wasting the 2009 defense right now anyway. Its closer to the Giants with Eli in 2004. It was a decent team with a fringe chance at the playoffs with Kurt Warner but they figured it was better to sacrifice that for the greater good. In Smiths case there is probably more evaluation than with Manning whose contract handed him the job for the next 4 years, but to me thats the Jets plan here. 

As for Simms he probably should not even be active. My own opinion is that Rex has zero power anymore and Idzik does not want Rex even considering pulling Smith for his own job security. If Quinn was on the sideline Rex might at least see someone he is willing to throw in there over Geno. In Simms its just another unproven UDFA. It takes the decision out of Rexs hands. 

Bit- Mark gave us hope in his rookie year, never did he have as bad a game as Geno has had.

Other-"Shows multiple games his rookie year worse than anything Geno has done."

Bit- So Geno is as bad as Mark, what does that prove when we all know how bad he's always been. We want better than mark. 

/Bit'd

Bit- Mark gave us hope in his rookie year, never did he have as bad a game as Geno has had.

Other-"Shows multiple games his rookie year worse than anything Geno has done."

Bit- So Geno is as bad as Mark, what does that prove when we all know how bad he's always been. We want better than mark. 

/Bit'd

Sanchez sucks = "So? That doesn't make Geno good."

Geno sucks = "BRING ME TEH SIMMS"

the biggest problem i have with smith is that he has no feel for where he is on the field at all....never mind just having pocket presence....this guy can't even feel the field of play. he will throw the ball to a receiver that is completely blanketed (even the td to holmes was iffy because if the cb just turned around he probably would have caught the ball instead of holmes) as if he just doesn't even see the defender AT ALL. it's like he is locked on to his target and he has blinders on to anything else around. his is woefully inaccurate with his passes. sometimes he will make a nice throw....but he is way to oinconsistent. underthrows, overthrows, total misfires over the middle of the field........he has not impressed me at all. his ball secirity is severely lacking. the fumble when he had the first down was atrocious. you have to be pretty stupid to be that careless with the football. the backpeddling into the endzone is horrible. this comes back to field presence. you have to know that you can't just keep backpeddling when you snapped the ball from the 15 yard line. the behind the back crap was just another example of pure stupidity.

yeah really. the sad part is that we'd probably be much better with sanchez. geno singlehandedly gave the titans like 28 points today

You must have a short memory. Sanchez had 5 turnovers against a considerably worse Titans team about 9 months ago. Sanchez, the 4th year rookie. Now that I've reminded you there is no hope in Sanchez, can you give the rookie a few more pro games before you dump on the kid?

You must have a short memory. Sanchez had 5 turnovers against a considerably worse Titans team about 9 months ago. Sanchez, the 4th year rookie. Now that I've reminded you there is no hope in Sanchez, can you give the rookie a few more pro games before you dump on the kid?

what you think i forgot that sanchez sucks? what does that have to do with geno being crap?

RE-The Never-Ending Manning Camparison

Domres was a 1st round pick, Carter a 2nd rounder, Brister a 3rd, Piscrcik a free agent. All of those comparisons are as valid as the Manning brothers. By bringing up either Manning you are saying in effect Smith (And Sanchez before him) is destined for Canton-level success. the reality is there are way more comparisons to this bunch of bums than there are to HoFers. By the same token you also discount Kurt Warner, Tom Brady, Tony Romo and Warren Moon comparisons when it comes to Simms.

Let's agree this much; let both QBs stand on their merits instead of making them someone they  ren't,at least yet.

Those other QB's are virtually nameless so the comparison with them would be based on a pessimistic point of view which I dont have. I believe that Geno, like Mark have the talent. Marks career was destroyed by this team, however, Geno has some key coaches here that Sanchez never had early in his career. 

Sorry if the comparison is never ending to you. It works for me though. Not trying to dismiss your point, but like I said, none of those QB's matter. 

Sanchez as a rookie gave this franchise hope. Geno Smith right now is playing like Mark Sanchez at his worst. He's already had a butt fumble it took Mark 4 years to get to that level of insanity. Heck even in preseason he was running out the back of the endzone.

SMS 

Start Matt Simms. 

Sanchez had a top running game and a ground and pound philosophy, not to mention that his 4th game was the dreadful game in NO that he gave away.

Do you work hard at being so easily countered, or does it come naturally

Those other QB's are virtually nameless so the comparison with them would be based on a pessimistic point of view which I dont have. I believe that Geno, like Mark have the talent. Marks career was destroyed by this team, however, Geno has some key coaches here that Sanchez never had early in his career. 

Sorry if the comparison is never ending to you. It works for me though. Not trying to dismiss your point, but like I said, none of those QB's matter.

Can you destroy a player that was never all that good to begin with?

2 things I do not like, re-how Smith is being treated.

But clearly one big mistake was handing Sanchez the job and never yanking him. If nothing else having him take a seat and watch for a while wasn't the end of the world some make it out to be. With Brunell as backup that really wasn't an option. Simms is that option. There might be some value in taking a step back and seeing the big picture. And may be you see something in Simms. There's no guarantee, but SMith is not a surefire no doubt Luck/Manning top pick anyway. Given that this team is not going to the playoffs, why not?

One ohter concern I have is after Geno's mistakes form TV anyway it looks like he is sitting on the bench by himself staring into space.Sanchez was indulged/ignored the same way. It was counterproductive. If you look back at ELi Manning(again, don't think it's a legit comparsion but in this isntance, okay) in similar debacles early in his career he had a coach talking to him after these kind of mistakes.Smith is not at least from what we ahve seen so far being talked to after such messes.

I grant you M'wheg is as good an OC as I can recall here. But seems the Jets are making some of the same mistakes with Smith they already made with Sanchez. And again Sanchez clearly does not have the talent nor the makeup to be an NFL starter, the jury is still out on Smith.

Sanchez had a top running game and a ground and pound philosophy, not to mention that his 4th game was the dreadful game in NO that he gave away.

Do you work hard at being so easily countered, or does it come naturally

i didn't say Sanchez was perfect. WHat i said was we had hope for him to be better and perhaps great one day. at the end of the 2009 season we were all optimistic how Sanchez would develop. We all crap on him for buttfumble but don't forget he is the franchise's leading playoff winner and all of them were road wins.  I mean we were wrong about Sanchez but he gave us hope. 

compare Sanchez to Geno does anyone really believe Geno's gonna be great? take 4, 8, 12, 16 games i don't care the kids a mess. he's playing as bad as year 3/4 Sanchez. Buttfumble part II it only took him 4 games to get there. 

Start Matt Simms.

i didn't say Sanchez was perfect. WHat i said was we had hope for him to be better and perhaps great one day. at the end of the 2009 season we were all optimistic how Sanchez would develop. We all crap on him for buttfumble but don't forget he is the franchise's leading playoff winner and all of them were road wins.  I mean we were wrong about Sanchez but he gave us hope. 

compare Sanchez to Geno does anyone really believe Geno's gonna be great? take 4, 8, 12, 16 games i don't care the kids a mess. he's playing as bad as year 3/4 Sanchez. Buttfumble part II it only took him 4 games to get there. 

Start Matt Simms.

Yes, I've been mocked for saying I can't see it with Geno after week 1. But you are taking the position to an extreme and ultimately looking foolish. He has done some good things, he isn't 100% going to bust

Start Matt Simms.

I think Geno is going to be a pro-bowler and you suck at trolling.

\yeah those statements don't contradict. We were hopeful about Sanchez and wrong, im not making the same mistake with Geno. Being hopeful that all these learn-terceptions are gonna make him into Tom Brady next year. 

Are you hopeful Geno is a good QB? 

Ok, just made it into this thread.  It's entirely too long to read...

Let me guess:

1) Person freaks out because Geno isn't very good right now.

2) People tell that person that it is way to soon to freak out.

3) Bitonti shows up, thumps his chest about how he was right all along, and after 4 games, Geno sucks, even though everyone else gets 5 years or so.

4) People call Bitonti a hypocrite and attack his character

5) Someone makes the point that "What did you expect, we knew he wasn't ready".

6) Someone yearns for the days of Sanchez

7) Sperm Edwards makes a long winded post on why Sanchez sucks as much, if not more than Geno.

8) People who think it's too soon to give up on Geno are called "lovers"

9) Someone makes a comparison to some very good player who stunk in their first 4 games, in order to say it's too early to give up on a rookie QB.

10) People overreact to this comparison, saying, "Now you're calling Geno _________"

11) At least 3 people call for Matt Simms to start.

12) Someone else comments about how Idzik is in 100% control of who plays.

How'd I do?

Let me guess:

3) Bitonti shows up, thumps his chest about how he was right all along, and after 4 games, Geno sucks, even though everyone else gets 5 years or so.

7) Sperm Edwards makes a long winded post on why Sanchez sucks as much, if not more than Geno.

9) Someone makes a comparison to some very good player who stunk in their first 4 games, in order to say it's too early to give up on a rookie QB.

10) People overreact to this comparison, saying, "Now you're calling Geno _________"

How'd I do?

Way off.  Nothing but reasonable and rational discourse going on in this thread. 

Let me guess:

How'd I do?

I would say call it a website no more posts are needed

Ok, just made it into this thread. It's entirely too long to read...

Let me guess:

How'd I do?

Captain.

Archived