Geno Is The Freakin Man!!!

neckdemon

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'll temper my enthusiasm but he definitely looked like an actual nfl qb this week. i'll be glad to eat my words in this thread, but let's see what happens going forward

No doubt dude.  I gave up on him last week like everyone else.  Just how awesome does this make the season compared to how we thought it would be this year?  Holy crap.

You wake up this morning with the knowledge that your team, for the first time since Namath, has a franchise quarterback under center. The guy is poised, fearless, tough, and smart, and he's playing the position right now with, maybe, 50% of what he needs to know to actually run a team. He's winging it, and he's winning. This is the guy. It was true when he threw the three picks to New England, and it was true last night. The guy is going to be the best quarterback we've had here since Namath (and the eight weeks where Favre was great). He's already shown more consistent promise than Sanchez, and he's already a more dynamic player than Pennington ever was.

Everything that you think is wrong with Geno is fixable and correctable through experience. He doesn't throw picks because he's not "seeing the field" or because he's bailing on the play. He doesn't throw Sanchezian picks where he's two beats slow reading a defense. They're of the experience variety--short-arming a deep ball trying to place it, or getting straight-up fooled by a zone blitz. These get corrected.

I'm reminded of the great Kanye West lyric, where the young couple can't afford to pay their check at the restaurant and are forced to wash dishes, "While y'all washing, watch him, he's gonna make it to a Benz and out of that Datsun. He got that ambition, baby, look in his eyes. This week he's mopping floors, next week it's the fries." Genius. But, this is Geno.

You wake up this morning with the knowledge that your team, for the first time since Namath, has a franchise quarterback under center. The guy is poised, fearless, tough, and smart, and he's playing the position right now with, maybe, 50% of what he needs to know to actually run a team. He's winging it, and he's winning. This is the guy.

September 7, 1992?

Sanchez as a rookie gave this franchise hope. Geno Smith right now is playing like Mark Sanchez at his worst. He's already had a butt fumble it took Mark 4 years to get to that level of insanity. Heck even in preseason he was running out the back of the endzone.

SMS 

Start Matt Simms. 

POTNM (post of the new millennium)

Its pretty comical actually...he was near god status last week.  Fans get frustrated and the simple solution is screaming for the next guy.  Obviously, they think Geno gives them the better chance to win.  I trust that Marty and David Lee are more equipped to make that decision than the fan base.

The absolute worst thing to do is pull Geno at 2-2 because he had a very common rookie road stinker.  You absolutely must see how he responds on the road in Atlanta, which IMO is a very winnable game if the front 7 shows up.  The worst case scenario, which is very highly likely, is you pull Geno, Simms goes in, and he completely sh*ts the bed.  Besides its the wrong message to send.  The team is behind Geno at 2-2 and very much in it (they think that way even though we dont).  Everyone knew that game was bound to happen.  You have to show you have the confidence in him that he can correct it.  Way too early to be talking about pulling him.  

I'm a God.

You wake up this morning with the knowledge that your team, for the first time since Namath, has a franchise quarterback under center. The guy is poised, fearless, tough, and smart, and he's playing the position right now with, maybe, 50% of what he needs to know to actually run a team. He's winging it, and he's winning. This is the guy. It was true when he threw the three picks to New England, and it was true last night. The guy is going to be the best quarterback we've had here since Namath (and the eight weeks where Favre was great). He's already shown more consistent promise than Sanchez, and he's already a more dynamic player than Pennington ever was.

Everything that you think is wrong with Geno is fixable and correctable through experience. He doesn't throw picks because he's not "seeing the field" or because he's bailing on the play. He doesn't throw Sanchezian picks where he's two beats slow reading a defense. They're of the experience variety--short-arming a deep ball trying to place it, or getting straight-up fooled by a zone blitz. These get corrected.

I'm reminded of the great Kanye West lyric, where the young couple can't afford to pay their check at the restaurant and are forced to wash dishes, "While y'all washing, watch him, he's gonna make it to a Benz and out of that Datsun. He got that ambition, baby, look in his eyes. This week he's mopping floors, next week it's the fries." Genius. But, this is Geno.

What the ******* ****?

Also, Testeverde. 

Archived