Tampa over Boston 

Oakland over Tampa

National League:

Pirates over St. Louis

Dodgers over Braves

Dodgers over Pirates

World Series:

Oakland over Dodgers

What you got?? I might edit, and feel free to do the same after the wild card/play in games are done before the ALDS officially starts.

As a Sox fan, this is all gravy in a year many picked them to be dead last, but I don't see them losing in the first round and I can see them winning the AL. Their pitching and hitting is as good as it gets heading into the postseason.

In the NL I think the Braves take it.

I think it will be wide open in both leagues, more so in the AL.

• 2 weeks later...

I predict abysmal TV ratings, and not because the Yankees are not in it. The season is too long.

I agree about the season being too long but everything I have read says ratings are up. Might have the Pirates etc to thank for that. Ratings would be monster for LA and Boston series.

I agree about the season being too long but everything I have read says ratings are up. Might have the Pirates etc to thank for that. Ratings would be monster for LA and Boston series.

This is probably true. But the World Series in a sane world would be close to done by now. The standings don't change much form Labor Day to the end, and the 2nd wildcard devalues what little movement there is. If they worked in schedule doubleheaders it could be done even sooner. Those end of season gates are not so wonderful anyway. If your team is not in it, you don't watch.

This is probably true. But the World Series in a sane world would be close to done by now. The standings don't change much form Labor Day to the end, and the 2nd wildcard devalues what little movement there is. If they worked in schedule doubleheaders it could be done even sooner. Those end of season gates are not so wonderful anyway. If your team is not in it, you don't watch.

terry-francona_edited-2.jpg?w=300

Orly?  :)

red_sox_pitchers_620_111013_620x350.jpg

I do not mind the extra Wildcard.  I do not even mind the single game aspect.  Give the division winners a nice advantage as the WC teams go all-in for the one game and then have to recover.  Aren't the WC winless in game 1s?

I agree with you 100% on shortening the total games.  Cowherd suggested ending in late August with ~132 games.  His point which makes sense is to own that time before college and/or NFL has not totally taken the sports landscape' s attention

Archived