Josh Freeman released

SayNoToDMC

Find it interesting that the Jets went out of their way to state that Simms is the #2 guy, and that he has deserved it.

Indicates 1 of two things to me.  1) Smith is on thin ice, and if he puts up another stinker he might get pulled for Simms.

2) Quinn is on thin ice, and they are taking a hard look at other options out there.  Freeman was awful his rookie year, but in 2010 he put up a really good year and was one of the hot young QB's out there.  2011, another stinker, 2012 a decent year.  So far this year he's been horrible.  Tampa is much more dysfunctional then the Jets even.

It's not a case of he's got to be better then Quinn, he is better then Quinn.  He also has some actual upside, which he has displayed.

I'd bring him in for a talk real quick, and the Jets have some cap room.   Think his value is way down. At the time they released him, plus the drug leaks, which don't appear to be true, don't think he'll be pulling big money

Hey. No player frpom "The Ohio State University" can ever be a bust.

JK, of course. Maybe Goldston is bagging groceries. He could certainly do that better than play either DE or OLB in the NFL. 

Yes, bagging groceries, orrrrr, living off of his millions upon millions of dollars. 

Find it interesting that the Jets went out of their way to state that Simms is the #2 guy, and that he has deserved it.

Indicates 1 of two things to me.  1) Smith is on thin ice, and if he puts up another stinker he might get pulled for Simms.

2) Quinn is on thin ice, and they are taking a hard look at other options out there.  Freeman was awful his rookie year, but in 2010 he put up a really good year and was one of the hot young QB's out there.  2011, another stinker, 2012 a decent year.  So far this year he's been horrible.  Tampa is much more dysfunctional then the Jets even.

It's not a case of he's got to be better then Quinn, he is better then Quinn.  He also has some actual upside, which he has displayed.

I'd bring him in for a talk real quick, and the Jets have some cap room.   Think his value is way down. At the time they released him, plus the drug leaks, which don't appear to be true, don't think he'll be pulling big money

If you listened to MMs press conference it meant neither of those. All it meant is that Simms earned the right to be #2 because of his play.

I liked Freeman over Sanchez in the draft as well. Someone will pick him up. Maybe Houston who is getting tired of Schaub's pick sixes. I doubt the Jets will do it, they gave Quinn some pretty good money and can't get out from under it immediately. Jacksonville should be on the phone with Freeman's agent as I write this.

I liked Freeman over Sanchez in the draft as well. Someone will pick him up. Maybe Houston who is getting tired of Schaub's pick sixes. I doubt the Jets will do it, they gave Quinn some pretty good money and can't get out from under it immediately. Jacksonville should be on the phone with Freeman's agent as I write this.

Where did you hear about this good money they gave Quinn?

Last I remembered, the Jets cut Quinn so they could re-sign him days later, specifically to ensure that his contract isn't guaranteed for the season. I doubt any signing bonus they gave him is much more than the $50,000 range (if they even paid him one at all).

He is very, very cuttable at any time.

I doubt the Jets will do it, they gave Quinn some pretty good money and can't get out from under it immediately. 

if the Jets cut Quinn it creates $65,000 in dead money.  Not exactly a deal breaker.  

Have no idea what value Freeman has on the open market right now, but if the Jets signed him he would be the best QB on the roster....................Not that, that means much 

It's amazing how many teams in the NFL have crappy QB situations right now.  I don't mean "our QB isn't very good" crappy, but more like "we don't have a guy who can throw a 10-yard out without getting picked" crappy.  Some due to injury, some due to lack of talent, and some due to guys having career-bad years but it's not surprising he got 10 calls.

Archived