Ryan Spadola and Ricky Sapp Cut

flgreen

Rex talks up all the players no matter who they are. He doesn't do much criticizing publicly. Someone could come out on the field and take a literal sh*t and Ryan would talk about how good they are.

I agree with Sperm that this guy probably was doing something in practice that made him expendable. There's a reason that in our very limited receiving corps, he barely got a chance and then got cut.

Like you guys say, there's probably more to it than meets the eye. They must have had a good reason.

The fact that they replaced him with another WR, one who was on the PS on top of that, should tell you that the Jets have been happier with what they've seen out of Campbell than Spadola in those very same practices.  Not to mention, Spadola has been out there for 4 weeks now and done absolutely nothing.  Don't get me wrong, I liked what we saw out of the guy during preseason, but in the end that counts for only so much.  This fan base takes that sh*t waaaaay too seriously.  There are a countless number of guys who look all-world in preseason and never do a damn thing in their NFL careers, Jets fans should know that as well as anyone.

Who knows, it could also be something as simple as the Jets feeling Campbell is the one who is more ready to go out there and contribute right now, which with the health concerns at WR, becomes an even greater priority over long-term potential than it might otherwise be.

I think more telling was that when Hill and Holmes went down they went right to Obamanu.  It is no shock that they would prefer to use the vet, but Obamanu was on the street a few weeks prior and ****ed up so bad they promptly cut him after the game despite huge injury concerns at the position.  That tells you that they were holding Spadola for potential rather than production. 

I think more telling was that when Hill and Holmes went down they went right to Obamanu.  It is no shock that they would prefer to use the vet, but Obamanu was on the street a few weeks prior and ****ed up so bad they promptly cut him after the game despite huge injury concerns at the position.  That tells you that they were holding Spadola for potential rather than production. 

Definitely a fair point.  Speaking of all of this, Spadola clears waivers today doesn't he?  With no reports of any claims, I'm guessing he'll be on the PS soon enough.

Archived