The 2014 QB class

Integrity28

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably why I like him so much! lol. Im not sold on Johnny football either.

What's not to be sold on from him (on the field)? All the dude does is light sh*t up against the best competition college football ever had playing in the new NFL minor league system the SEC, and picking apart the best defense the SEC has to offer 2 years in a row. He can do it all, Run, Throw for accuracy, throw for accuracy while running, see the field better than any QB I've seen in years, and he sees it just as good while scrambling, and that energy he brings on the field is top notch, reminds me the way Brady plays, he is always the most excited player after a huge play, he is a born leader on the field, not by traditional ways, but by his fierce competitive drive on the field, it's impossible not to get behind a guy like that.

Boyd is the 4th best QB prospect next year IMO, Hundley, Bridgewater, Mariota, and Manziel are all better prospects IMO. Boyd is identical to G Smith IMO.

Boyd seems to rise to the occasion in big games. He'll get picked higher than expected more for that it factor than anything else.

What's not to be sold on from him (on the field)? All the dude does is light sh*t up against the best competition college football ever had playing in the new NFL minor league system the SEC, and picking apart the best defense the SEC has to offer 2 years in a row. He can do it all, Run, Throw for accuracy, throw for accuracy while running, see the field better than any QB I've seen in years, and he sees it just as good while scrambling, and that energy he brings on the field is top notch, reminds me the way Brady plays, he is always the most excited player after a huge play, he is a born leader on the field, not by traditional ways, but by his fierce competitive drive on the field, it's impossible not to get behind a guy like that.

Because of this ^^^^

It reminds me of Tim Tebow. If you say one thing about this guy you end up getting "the run down". Not to mention that Johnny football is far from humble, and the only position I feel that you can really base a critical decision outside of field production is the QB position. 

Can you give him the keys and know he's not going to crash all over the highway going a 150mph? I dont think anyone can say for certain. It looks great in college. The pros....different story. 

In the spirit of front offices knowing when to pull the plug, admit a mistake and move on from it (something Tanny couldn't do, which got us here)... 

Damn Matt Flynn got rich for having one good game as a backup. LOL

Ah yes, our old buddy Matt Flynn.  I still remember during the 2011 season when you and I were the ones touting Flynn as the guy to bring in that coming offseason to compete with Sanchez, that is right up until that day, with both of us saying "**** it" the moment he had that game and we knew his price went through the roof.

The funny thing is, despite Flynn turning out to completely suck, the Jets still might have been better off making a move like that, simply because it likely would have kept them from extending Sanchez.  Not to mention it would have helped avoid the whole Tebow disaster.  Go figure.

Ah yes, our old buddy Matt Flynn.  I still remember during the 2011 season when you and I were the ones touting Flynn as the guy to bring in that coming offseason to compete with Sanchez, that is right up until that day, with both of us saying "**** it" the moment he had that game and we knew his price went through the roof.

The funny thing is, despite Flynn turning out to completely suck, the Jets still might have been better off making a move like that, simply because it likely would have kept them from extending Sanchez.  Not to mention it would have helped avoid the whole Tebow disaster.  Go figure.

No, as long as Tanny was trying to impress Woody by keeping the Jets on the backpages, Tebow was going to happen. 

This post really makes me want Geno to throw for 3 TDs and 2 INTs in a close win tonight, clinched by a Demario Davis pick 6. 

Well if he throws a couple TDs then a couple picks I cant see him being pulled for my boy Simms.  But if these 2 picks come prior to any TDs...hes hanging out w Mark.

Good lord, I can't believe you can remember sh*t like that. LOL

I don't remember what I posted here 15 minutes ago, tbh... and I've got a great memory, just not for interwebz stuff I guess. :)

This post really makes me want Geno to throw for 3 TDs and 2 INTs in a close win tonight, clinched by a Demario Davis pick 6. 

I need 300+ yards and 2-3 TDs from Geno. INTs don't matter.

100+ yards from Bilal wouldn't hurt either.

Also, I need Julio Jones shut down.

Nothing else matters.

One day I wish my Jets could have a QB we could all be like, "Damn he don;t suck that much as the others."  Sadly no way we lose enough to win Bridgewater from the Jags.  Johnny Football in NY will be a bigger circus than anything we have seen whether he sucks or not.

One day I wish my Jets could have a QB we could all be like, "Damn he don;t suck that much as the others."  Sadly no way we lose enough to win Bridgewater from the Jags.  Johnny Football in NY will be a bigger circus than anything we have seen whether he sucks or not.

The QB that does that for all of us is probably in 3rd grade right now....if we're lucky

Now imagine the Jets did the smart thing that idiots like me saw, and took the 2014 pick for Revis, and not the 2013 pick! Draft Richardson instead of the oft injury riddled Milliner (dude had multiple surgeries before his college career was over). The Jets could be looking at pick #2, and no higher than 5, and probably a 10-15 in next years 1st, snatching a QB, and a top elite WR, 3 have elite top end 1st round talent in Lee, Evans, and Watkins.

Only problem with this theory is there's no reason to believe that the Jets would have ever drafted Richardson over Milliner, particularly if Revis was still gone in that scenario.

Pls don't mistake my love for Simms for hate on Geno.  I am just callin how i see it now..

You're basing your love for Simms on preseason games where he only played in the second half against auto-mechanics. 

Having followed his college career, there's a reason this guy wasn't drafted and it's not because he's a late bloomer. 

Being chased by some random guy off the street who won't make an NFL roster is a little different than being chased by Osi Umenyiora. 

bench Geno next week for Pryor.  Your welcome

Someone else got Pryor in week 1 waivers, that's why I have Geno. There are no QBs on waivers in this league. They get horded for good reason, the scoring for them is absurd. No worries, I have Rivers and Big Ben. I don't spend high picks on QBs, especially in a league where I can win with QBs that don't get penalized for INTs and have to throw to compensate for the lack of a running game. :)

I had to start him last week and I won anyway. 

I need Powell and Hill to repeat their week 3 performances tonight. 

ATL's defense is really hurtin' my hope is the Jets can truck them tonight, or at least score a lot and keep pace.

My only concern is that the Jets always play to one notch below the level of their competition. So if the Falcons only muster up 17 points, the Jets will score 14.

You're basing your love for Simms on preseason games where he only played in the second half against auto-mechanics. 

Having followed his college career, there's a reason this guy wasn't drafted and it's not because he's a late bloomer. 

Being chased by some random guy off the street who won't make an NFL roster is a little different than being chased by Osi Umenyiora. 

Look, bottom line...you'll never know what Simms got unless you give him a shot...he has showed nothing but promise up to this point....and I don't know what you see in Geno that makes you so much more confident in him than Simms....you act like im askin to see Quinn in there.

Good lord, I can't believe you can remember sh*t like that. LOL

I don't remember what I posted here 15 minutes ago, tbh... and I've got a great memory, just not for interwebz stuff I guess. :)

Funny thing is my memory generally sucks ass, but then it's the most random things that will suddenly trigger a bunch of stuff I forgot all about.

This kind of fits that criteria, as the sight of Matt Flynn's name reminded me how long I've already been fed up with Sanchez's crap. lol.  It probably helps that in those days people were crucified for saying an unkind word about the Almighty Sanchez, and the arguments were never-ending.  It's not a coincidence that normally I couldn't remember most of the crap I ramble on for pages about, regardless of the circumstances, yet thoughts of the "big two" QB debates seem like they can be triggered at any moment.

Someone else got Pryor in week 1 waivers, that's why I have Geno. There are no QBs on waivers in this league. They get horded for good reason, the scoring for them is absurd. No worries, I have Rivers and Big Ben. I don't spend high picks on QBs, especially in a league where I can win with QBs that don't get penalized for INTs and have to throw to compensate for the lack of a running game. :)

Rivers is a huge steal...got him off waivers! 

Funny thing is my memory generally sucks ass, but then it's the most random things that will suddenly trigger a bunch of stuff I forgot all about.

This kind of fits that criteria, as the sight of Matt Flynn's name reminded me how long I've already been fed up with Sanchez's crap. lol.  It probably helps that in those days people were crucified for saying an unkind word about the Almighty Sanchez, and the arguments were never-ending.  It's not a coincidence that normally I couldn't remember most of the crap I ramble on for pages about, regardless of the circumstances, yet thoughts of the "big two" QB debates seem like they can be triggered at any moment.

I never dig my heels in too deep on the QB debates... the way I see it,  there's not much of an argument... every JEts QB sucks. To say otherwise is relatively ignorant.

Look, bottom line...you'll never know what Simms got unless you give him a shot...he has showed nothing but promise up to this point....and I don't know what you see in Geno that makes you so much more confident in him than Simms....you act like im askin to see Quinn in there.

You really don't think Geno's shown anything? :face:

Archived