"Calm Down"

Lupz27

I'm working in SharePoint.  Some of the development is done in .NET, but we try to leverage the tool as much as we can using its own out of the box functions with JQuery.  

I remember you on JI under both names.  I didn't know you designed the logos.  That's pretty cool.

Yup.

When Ham banned me - because I did satires of DWC threads - Sean got bent with me for asking about our business arrangement, cursed me out, accused me of taking food off his kids plates, the whole rigmarole... dude never took a breath to even try to understand what I was saying, he just went ape-sh*t. LOL

I've worked for a couple agencies that used SharePoint as a content management system. In some ways successfully, in others a nightmare. That is my only exposure to it though, most of the agencies I work for now stick with open sources crap like Drupal, or .NET like Sitecore.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And all that after we lost our " Franchise"  cornerback in Revis and have 7 new starters on D and a rookie QB. Rex is a good coach man. 

Cromartie sucks though...he's giving up big plays almost every game....makes ya miss having a shutdown CB out there...Walls is our best CB right now

Good memory!  

I used to post on JI, and I used to work as a graphic designer. I no longer do either. Sean and I had a disagreement that led to me getting banned. I don't know if he lifted it, but I really have no desire to go back. Most of my favorite posters from there moved here. There's still some good guys over there, but this site is much better.  

As for graphic design, I started in that field, but gradually evolved into a web developer.  The pay is better. :)

Yup.

When Ham banned me - because I did satires of DWC threads - Sean got bent with me for asking about our business arrangement, cursed me out, accused me of taking food off his kids plates, the whole rigmarole... dude never took a breath to even try to understand what I was saying, he just went ape-sh*t. LOL

I've worked for a couple agencies that used SharePoint as a content management system. In some ways successfully, in others a nightmare. That is my only exposure to it though, most of the agencies I work for now stick with open sources crap like Drupal, or .NET like Sitecore.

How unusual. 

LOL, ape-sh*t.

Yup.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't surprised that Sean acted that way. I don't know him personally, but he strikes me as having the temperament of a woman who is always on the rag. Uncompromising and very moody.  He takes things very personally, even when you're obviously just busting chops.

SharePoint isn't bad.  It has its quirks and limitations (like anything does), but it's also pretty powerful.  There is a big market for developers who know it.

Good memory!  

I used to post on JI, and I used to work as a graphic designer. I no longer do either. Sean and I had a disagreement that led to me getting banned. I don't know if he lifted it, but I really have no desire to go back. Most of my favorite posters from there moved here. There's still some good guys over there, but this site is much better.  

As for graphic design, I started in that field, but gradually evolved into a web developer.  The pay is better. :)

Forgot to send him your $59 check, huh?

Cromartie sucks though...he's giving up big plays almost every game....makes ya miss having a shutdown CB out there...Walls is our best CB right now

That is Cromartie.  Living in SD, I got to hear fans bemoan the fact the guy could be unbelievable one moment, get burned the next.   That's really who he is and not sure why people think he suddenly became Revis.   He might have more good games than bad at times, but again,  he's a guy who will get burned now and again.  You just hope he has more great moments, some interceptions, over the bad moments.

That is Cromartie.  Living in SD, I got to hear fans bemoan the fact the guy could be unbelievable one moment, get burned the next.   That's really who he is and not sure why people think he suddenly became Revis.   He might have more good games than bad at times, but again,  he's a guy who will get burned now and again.  You just hope he has more great moments, some interceptions, over the bad moments.

Lol...i hear that...but the big moments don't really exist that much any more...its turning into just bad moments

I am in the top three of the Cromartie is no Revis brigade, but he had a good game.  Anybody that says that Walls is better must have missed Walls getting beat a few times and not noticed that while Cromartie was chasing Julio Jones all over the field Walls was covering an injured Roddy White and Harry Douglas. 

Lol. Walls is not ou best cb right now. He was utterly abused not two weeks ago. Lets slow down on that one.

Our defense is number two in the league while havin 7 new starters and a few Undrafted and 7 th rd guys on top of it all.

I don't think the d is missin a beat without revis and is going To improve as they gel. I prefer the pass rush we have now to watching revis not get thrown to all game.

Lol. Walls is not ou best cb right now. He was utterly abused not two weeks ago. Lets slow down on that one.

Our defense is number two in the league while havin 7 new starters and a few Undrafted and 7 th rd guys on top of it all.

I don't think the d is missin a beat without revis and is going To improve as they gel. I prefer the pass rush we have now to watching revis not get thrown to all game.

He was not abused two weeks ago. And, yes, out of all of our DBs he has been playing the best.

Yeah, that was my point. If Rex says dumb sh*t and gets his guys to perform, Jeff Fisher can do the same. Sorry it took you so long to get there LOL

For starters... an AFC Championship game. 

The Jills won 4 straight AFC Championship games...who gives a Fu*k?

Lol. Then who is our best cb right now?

He was not abused two weeks ago. And, yes, out of all of our DBs he has been playing the best.

The titans attacked Walls and were successful. Did all the Geno is the savior headlines make you forget that already?

The titans attacked Walls and were successful. Did all the Geno is the savior headlines make you forget that already?

Nope. They had some success but not a lot. I remember just fine. He's an UDFA that was snagged off a practice squad. He should get a little more benefit of the doubt than Cromartie who is being paid big money to be not great this season.

Lol. Then who is our best cb right now?

ahhhhhh you're one of those guys.  pointing out a little thing like Lol in an attempt to support a weak point.  I see.   Good stuff.

Aaaaaaaaaaany way.. to compare a guy who has played two games for us against a guy who has had the career Cro has, is simply impossible to do. It makes no sense. No matter what kind of season Cro is having it still wouldn't make sense.  To insinuate that Cro is not BY FAR the best CB on this team is a point that holds no water and uses the same mentality that got Matt Flynn paid.  Flynn played one game and threw for 500 yds so there was all this talk about him being some big thing because of that one game. We all know how that turned out.  Two years, two benchings, two teams, a demotion and being cut. Except of course Walls didn't do any of that. He covered an injured Roddy white and got eaten alive by Jake Locker the week before.

Walls was welcomed to the NFL last week by getting picked on all day and at least one TD was on him directly ( I forget if it was more) . That being your support for him being better than Cro is weak at best. 

Lol !

Nope. They had some success but not a lot. I remember just fine. He's an UDFA that was snagged off a practice squad. He should get a little more benefit of the doubt than Cromartie who is being paid big money to be not great this season.

So he's supposed to get benefit of the doubt that he's better than Cromartie because he's an undrafted FA?  Good one. Cro is an exceptional CB and has proven that time and time again for us. Is he perfect? No. but to pretend that Walls, who was manhandled by Jake locker in his first game and did ok against an inured Roddy White in his second game is better than Cro is silly. No matter what his draft status was or any of that.

Don't get me wrong, I want Walls to be the best ever and all of that, but let's take it down a notch or 6. Cro is by far the best CB on this team. End of story.

@PFF_Gonzalo: Darrin Walls allowed 6 catches in 9 targets, 42 yards, 1 pass defended. Passer rating of 77.1 - lowest among DBs last night. #Jets

NO. FURTHER. QUESTIONS.

so he didn't allow a catch on 3 of the 9 times he was targeted? That IS pretty good.  you're right.   I'm very sorry.  ( you do realize that 2/3 of the time she was targeted, the guy caught the pass right? )

LOL

And dude, your missing the whole point. Even if Walls had 12 interceptions and no completions on him, it still would only be one game. That does not make him better than Cro. It means he had a good game

Try that same thing for the Titans game. Lets see how it looks.

@PFF_Gonzalo: Darrin Walls allowed 6 catches in 9 targets, 42 yards, 1 pass defended. Passer rating of 77.1 - lowest among DBs last night. #Jets

NO. FURTHER. QUESTIONS.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Jets cornerback Darrin Walls seemed to have his hands a bit full filling in for the injured Dee Milliner in yesterday’s 38-13 loss to the Titans.

His rough day started with a third-and-long holding call that he had on Titans wide receiver Damien Williams that led to a Titans first down and field goal.

“I was really excited to go out there and play and get the opportunity to show why the coaches have confidence in me, but obviously, I don’t think I did enough out there to show how I can really play,” Walls said. “I didn’t get the job done today.”

But, before that, on the same drive, he was beat by Williams twice — once for 25 yards and another for 12 yards — and those catches were critical in the movement of the possession.

“I don’t think that I did the job that they wanted me to do,” Walls said. “I’m going to go out there and compete every day and go out there in practice and continue to get better.

“I’m just here to try to do my job.”

But wait, it kept getting worse for the Notre Dame alum.

With seven seconds left in the first half, clock winding down and the Titans in no-huddle formation leading 17-6, Walls was beat in the end zone by rookie wide receiver Justin Hunter for 16 yards and a touchdown.

“You go in there, then there’s only one play that they can run and that’s a shot in the end zone, and you know it’s coming,” Jets head coach Rex Ryan said. “Everybody in the ball park knows it’s coming. The only time they put (Hunter) in the game is to throw the jump ball and there’s a reason he came down with it.

“At the end of the day, you’ve got to go up and compete for the football.”

“I pretty much knew that they were going to take a shot into the end zone,” Walls said. “There was 14 seconds left or something like that, and I knew they were going to try to take a shot.

“(Hunter) won on that play.”

Walls gave up a total of 65 yards and the lone touchdown.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

so he didn't allow a catch on 3 of the 9 times he was targeted? That IS pretty good. you're right. I'm very sorry. ( you do realize that 2/3 of the time she was targeted, the guy caught the pass right? )

LOL

And dude, your missing the whole point. Even if Walls had 12 interceptions and no completions on him, it still would only be one game. That does not make him better than Cro. It means he had a good game

Try that same thing for the Titans game. Lets see how it looks.

I'm not missing any point because you're not making one. The issue is that Walls is playing the best right now. You have yet to disprove that.

The Titans game was his first start and he had a rough go at it.

When Wilson melted down who came in and played well?

When Miliner was benched who came in and did the job?

Oh that's right Walls.

And yes, a CB in a PASSING league giving up 7 yards a reception is outstanding. Especially against those like White, Jones and Gonzalez.

ahhhhhh you're one of those guys.  pointing out a little thing like Lol in an attempt to support a weak point.  I see.   Good stuff.

Aaaaaaaaaaany way.. to compare a guy who has played two games for us against a guy who has had the career Cro has, is simply impossible to do. It makes no sense. No matter what kind of season Cro is having it still wouldn't make sense.  To insinuate that Cro is not BY FAR the best CB on this team is a point that holds no water and uses the same mentality that got Matt Flynn paid.  Flynn played one game and threw for 500 yds so there was all this talk about him being some big thing because of that one game. We all know how that turned out.  Two years, two benchings, two teams, a demotion and being cut. Except of course Walls didn't do any of that. He covered an injured Roddy white and got eaten alive by Jake Locker the week before.

Walls was welcomed to the NFL last week by getting picked on all day and at least one TD was on him directly ( I forget if it was more) . That being your support for him being better than Cro is weak at best. 

Lol !

For starters, I said "lol" bc I was literally laughing out loud to your comment that Walls is not our best cb right now.

Secondly, who is comparing careers besides you? Just face dude, Cro gives every guy 5-8ft of room...tackles like a pussy....and as been getting burned for a big play on average like twice a game almost. Now clearly I am being a tad harsh bc I expect a lot more out of him... but I am not gonna sit in some fantasy world like you and pretend Cro is out there killin it for us. 

Thirdly, your Matt Flynn analogy is useless and has no real relevance to Walls being or not being our best at cb right now so far this season

I'm not missing any point because you're not making one. The issue is that Walls is playing the best right now. You have yet to disprove that.

The Titans game was his first start and he had a rough go at it.

When Wilson melted down who came in and played well?

When Miliner was benched who came in and did the job?

Oh that's right Walls.

And yes, a CB in a PASSING league giving up 7 yards a reception is outstanding. Especially against those like White, Jones and Gonzalez.

Read the article I posted. It will take care of your original post to me which stated he didn't do that badly in Tenn. 

And yes there is a point being made. It's in direct contrast to the leap you are attempting to make. That Walls, after getting abused in his first start, and giving up 6 catches in his second start, is somehow better than Cromartie who is a probowl CB on more than one occasion and was covering Julio Jones all night. Not the banged up White and third string WR's Walls had all night.  

Ignoring the point is not proof that one was not made. It just means you're intentionally not paying attention because your argument is being nullified. They are very different things.

Once again, one game, even if it were the best game of all time, would not make Walls better than Cro. At least a season of stellar play would be needed to begin to reinforce that point.

And if I remember correctly he gave up a couple first downs last night.  a 7 yd average loses some of it's value when they only need 5 for the first ya know?

Read the article I posted. It will take care of your original post to me which stated he didn't do that badly in Tenn.

And yes there is a point being made. It's in direct contrast to the leap you are attempting to make. That Walls, after getting abused in his first start, and giving up 6 catches in his second start, is somehow better than Cromartie who is a probowl CB on more than one occasion and was covering Julio Jones all night. Not the banged up White and third string WR's Walls had all night.

Ignoring the point is not proof that one was not made. It just means you're intentionally not paying attention because your argument is being nullified. They are very different things.

Once again, one game, even if it were the best game of all time, would not make Walls better than Cro. At least a season of stellar play would be needed to begin to reinforce that point.

And if I remember correctly he gave up a couple first downs last night. a 7 yd average loses some of it's value when they only need 5 for the first ya know?

Once again no one is saying Cro is not the best CB on this team, I'm just saying Walls is playing the best right now. I've even supplied the stats and evidence to support it.

Cherry pick one game where the whole team looked like trash if you must but you're missing the point, still. Also, the TD he gave up against Tennesee was just a really nice play by the WR.

I'd rather he give up a few first downs than a few touchdowns. This is a passing league and receivers are given the benefit of the doubt and Walls is playing well.

I'm not going to belabor the argument with you anymore because you're obviously arguing something completely different right now.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Jets cornerback Darrin Walls seemed to have his hands a bit full filling in for the injured Dee Milliner in yesterday’s 38-13 loss to the Titans.

His rough day started with a third-and-long holding call that he had on Titans wide receiver Damien Williams that led to a Titans first down and field goal.

“I was really excited to go out there and play and get the opportunity to show why the coaches have confidence in me, but obviously, I don’t think I did enough out there to show how I can really play,” Walls said. “I didn’t get the job done today.”

But, before that, on the same drive, he was beat by Williams twice — once for 25 yards and another for 12 yards — and those catches were critical in the movement of the possession.

“I don’t think that I did the job that they wanted me to do,” Walls said. “I’m going to go out there and compete every day and go out there in practice and continue to get better.

“I’m just here to try to do my job.”

But wait, it kept getting worse for the Notre Dame alum.

With seven seconds left in the first half, clock winding down and the Titans in no-huddle formation leading 17-6, Walls was beat in the end zone by rookie wide receiver Justin Hunter for 16 yards and a touchdown.

“You go in there, then there’s only one play that they can run and that’s a shot in the end zone, and you know it’s coming,” Jets head coach Rex Ryan said. “Everybody in the ball park knows it’s coming. The only time they put (Hunter) in the game is to throw the jump ball and there’s a reason he came down with it.

“At the end of the day, you’ve got to go up and compete for the football.”

“I pretty much knew that they were going to take a shot into the end zone,” Walls said. “There was 14 seconds left or something like that, and I knew they were going to try to take a shot.

“(Hunter) won on that play.”

Walls gave up a total of 65 yards and the lone touchdown.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Funny you bring up the Titans game....this is all I can really remember from it

jets-titans-football-nate-washington-ant

For starters, I said "lol" bc I was literally laughing out loud to your comment that Walls is not our best cb right now.

Secondly, who is comparing careers besides you? Just face dude, Cro gives every guy 5-8ft of room...tackles like a pussy....and as been getting burned for a big play on average like twice a game almost. Now clearly I am being a tad harsh bc I expect a lot more out of him... but I am not gonna sit in some fantasy world like you and pretend Cro is out there killin it for us. 

Thirdly, your Matt Flynn analogy is useless and has no real relevance to Walls being or not being our best at cb right now so far this season

Of course it makes sense. You are using a 2 game Jets career, one of this games being terrible, to support a point that Walls is " Our best CB right now". 

( it's the same style of thought process that the Seattle Gm used to justify giving Flynn a multi million Dollar contract after one good game)

It's not true no matter how you try to spin it. Cro is not playing lights out as he usually does, but that in no way elevates Walls to being " Our Best Cb right now"  Especially after the game he had in Tenn and giving up 6 catches last night. 

this conversation is boring me. Lets talk again when Walls has more than a 2 game resume to call on to support the idea that he's somehow the best at his position on our team.

Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol  Skiddley ding dang :D

Walls does have more than a two game resume. He's played well in nickle and dime packages at the end of last season an this season. Miliner got benched and Walls came in and played well. Wilson got benched and Walls came in and played well.

Are you one of Cro's children or something?

Once again no one is saying Cro is not the best CB on this team, I'm just saying Walls is playing the best right now. I've even supplied the stats and evidence to support it.

Cherry pick one game where the whole team looked like trash if you must but you're missing the point, still. Also, the TD he gave up against Tennesee was just a really nice play by the WR.

I'd rather he give up a few first downs than a few touchdowns. This is a passing league and receivers are given the benefit of the doubt and Walls is playing well.

I'm not going to belabor the argument with you anymore because you're obviously arguing something completely different right now.

Ya wanna know why I'm cherry picking a game that the whole team played like trash? Because it's 50% of the guys career who you stated was the best CB on the Jets right now.  I have little choice but to use that game. You're cherry picking that game right out of the conversation. I wonder why.

It's ok to like the guy. hell I wanna like him too. But please don't backpedal from your original question which was  " then who is the best CB on our team right now?"   I answered you, we disagreed and you want to change the argument. Ok cool.

Cya later.

Of course it makes sense. You are using a 2 game Jets career, one of this games being terrible, to support a point that Walls is " Our best CB right now". 

( it's the same style of thought process that the Seattle Gm used to justify giving Flynn a multi million Dollar contract after one good game)

It's not true no matter how you try to spin it. Cro is not playing lights out as he usually does, but that in no way elevates Walls to being " Our Best Cb right now"  Especially after the game he had in Tenn and giving up 6 catches last night. 

this conversation is boring me. Lets talk again when Walls has more than a 2 game resume to call on to support the idea that he's somehow the best at his position on our team.

Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol  Skiddley ding dang :biggrin:

Ever heard of - what have you done for me lately? Or... your only as good as your last 30 days?? Well to answer those questions in regards to Cro, the answer is SH*T!!  Walls IS our best cb right now....go dck ride cromartie some more

Walls does have more than a two game resume. He's played well in nickle and dime packages at the end of last season an this season. Miliner got benched and Walls came in and played well. Wilson got benched and Walls came in and played well.

Are you one of Cro's children or something?

yes... I'm one of Cro's children.  That what it takes to disagree with you. Not the fact that your argument is poopy.

Oh... so you're using last years dime package stats to support your argument now? Ooooooooh I thought it was because he was an undrafted Fa and deserved benefit of the doubt.  Lol

Goodnight CrazyCarl  It's been a special day and at the end of it we are on the same side. I like Walls too and hope he continues to improve. He does have the potential to be good. Let's hope he reaches it.

Archived