Geno Smith Most Accurate Passer in NFL on Attempts >15 Yards --> 58.5%

Lizard King

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes and on the last drive he showed progress on the short passes. He needs to get better on short to intermediate passes over the middle. The best qbs  - Brady, Peyton, Rodgers even Matt Ryan are very good in that range, keeps the chains moving and neutralizes pass rush

Sanchez had no coaching, either.

Lets not drop Sanchez's Value as JETSFANS. HE's a great QB that is injured, that won playoff games on the road At Indy, Cincy,N.E, San Diego. If we want to get at least a 3rd round pick for him, we gotta believe he's the Sanchize. To compensate everything Tanny gave up to move up in the 1st round to get him.

Tannys heart was in the right place, but his drafting skills are head scratchers. to give away half your draft picks to move up a few slots in the 1st round was his theme. In an injury prone league neglecting building depth can get a GM fired.

Lets not drop Sanchez's Value as JETSFANS. HE's a great QB that is injured, that won playoff games on the road At Indy, Cincy,N.E, San Diego. If we want to get at least a 3rd round pick for him, we gotta believe he's the Sanchize. To compensate everything Tanny gave up to move up in the 1st round to get him.

Tannys heart was in the right place, but his drafting skills are head scratchers. to give away half your draft picks to move up a few slots in the 1st round was his theme. In an injury prone league neglecting building depth can get a GM fired.

I don't hate Sanchez, and think he'll have some success elsewhere, but his trade value is  absolute 0

Lets not drop Sanchez's Value as JETSFANS. HE's a great QB that is injured, that won playoff games on the road At Indy, Cincy,N.E, San Diego. If we want to get at least a 3rd round pick for him, we gotta believe he's the Sanchize.

Haha! The only thing the Jets are getting for Sanchez next year is a little cap space.

2.  I thought no QB could do well with our lack of weaponz?  That's what the Sanchez apologists told us for years.

Shotty and Sparano are QB killers.  Geno wouldn't be enjoying his modest success with either of them.  And Geno has a long way to go before he can match the type of success Sanchez had in his first couple years.  A loooong way.

Shotty and Sparano are QB killers.  Geno wouldn't be enjoying his modest success with either of them.  And Geno has a long way to go before he can match the type of success Sanchez had in his first couple years.  A loooong way.

LOL.  Sanchez had the # 1 running game and # 1 defense and was dragged into the playoffs.  Geno was the player of the game last night with banged up receivers.  At no point in Sanchez's career was he ever the player of the game.  Very few people were complaining about Brian Schottenheimer in 2009.

LOL.  Sanchez had the # 1 running game and # 1 defense and was dragged into the playoffs.  Geno was the player of the game last night with banged up receivers.  At no point in Sanchez's career was he ever the player of the game.

Geno also had 4 turnovers and tried a John Stockton behind the back pass a week ago.  I know you're giddy thinking you've proved your ill concieved point but you haven't.  Sanchez had stones in playoff games, in harsh elements, on the road, against the best QB's in the league.  Lets wait and see what Geno does the rest of the year.

Geno also had 4 turnovers and tried a John Stockton behind the back pass a week ago.  I know you're giddy thinking you've proved your ill concieved point but you haven't.  Sanchez had stones in playoff games, in harsh elements, on the road, against the best QB's in the league.  Lets wait and see what Geno does the rest of the year.

Mark Sanchez never had a night like Geno Smith did last night in his 4 years in the NFL.  Geno led us to victory and played mistake-free football.  So sad that a raw rookie has already done more than your boy Sanchez ever did.  Literally anything good the Jets did with Sanchez here was because of the other 52 guys on the roster, not him, and he's the only reason we didn't win a championship.  Sit down you.

1.  Not bad for a raw rookie.

2.  I thought no QB could do well with our lack of weaponz?  That's what the Sanchez apologists told us for years.

I also remember hearing after the preseason / very beginning of the season that Geno had absolutely no deep ball accuracy.

Funny thing is this number should be even higher if not for the bullsh*t no-call PI on the perfectly placed pass to Kerley last night.

Difference between Sanchez and Geno so far is Geno is not losing confidence after a horrible loss. 

Also Geno's ability to throw the deep ball..

As for Sanchez, everything started going downhill after a few losses..

This was a concern with Geno too.  Him bouncing back from last week to do what he did last night on the road is pretty damn impressive.

Mark Sanchez never had a night like Geno Smith did last night in his 4 years in the NFL.  Geno led us to victory and played mistake-free football.  So sad that a raw rookie has already done more than your boy Sanchez ever did.  Literally anything good the Jets did with Sanchez here was because of the other 52 guys on the roster, not him, and he's the only reason we didn't win a championship.  Sit down you.

ohh boy..  someone got into mommas liquor cabinet.

Geno played great last night.  Give props to coaching staff.  Definitely better than what Sanchez had.  Still, looks like Geno has better temperament and a higher ceiling as a rookie QB,  His throws just look tighter with more oomph on it.  Hope this continues. 

:face:

Mark Sanchez is tied for Joey Harrington for being the worst 4-year starting QB's in NFL history.  Somehow you still come back here to defend him.  I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Joey Harrington never sniffed the playoffs let alone serve as an integral part of several post season wins. 

Look I know you're super duper stoked about Geno being the bestest evar but settle down...  lets see if a pattern develops or if last nights game was an anomoly. 

I'm excited about Genos progression but can still tip my cap to the QB who played fantastic playoff games for us.

Joey Harrington never sniffed the playoffs let alone serve as an integral part of several post season wins. 

Look I know you're super duper stoked about Geno being the bestest evar but settle down...  lets see if a pattern develops or if last nights game was an anomoly. 

I'm excited about Genos progression but can still a cap to the QB who played fantastic playoff games for us.

"What has he done for us lately?"

Haha! The only thing the Jets are getting for Sanchez next year is a little cap space.

He could take a pay cut and be Ok with backup. He does look supportive of Geno and Team on Sidelines. Most players when they are done for the year, u rarely see them on the sidelines contributing anyway they can, even if its holding the clipboard for OC. I dont know all the rules of short-term  IR or IR, but im sure the player doesnt have to be with the team if he doesnt want to.

Marty is doing a hell of a job mixing personnel and scheming guys open. The Falcons defense looked lost with our personnel groupings. What's noticeably different between Geno and Sanchez is Geno's ability to throw guys open who are covered.

Also, Jeff Cumberland is a good player and our best mismatch on offense.

I'm excited about Genos progression but can still tip my cap to the QB who played fantastic playoff games for us.

Sanchez was never an "integral part" of our playoff wins.  We were able to play "Hide the QB" because our running game and D were so good. 

Sanchez was never an "integral part" of our playoff wins.  We were able to play "Hide the QB" because our running game and D were so good. 

I'd like to "hide my fist" in your face.

You refuse to acknowledge he played well in the playoffs and was a major reason we won those games.  Good for you.  You're now a card carrying member of the ilk.

PM Shane and Batesman..  I think you guys have your meetings at the Blue Oyster Bar.

Mark Sanchez is tied for Joey Harrington for being the worst 4-year starting QB's in NFL history.  Somehow you still come back here to defend him.  I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Yet, I would take Harrington today over Sanchez at his best. 

Archived