Geno Smith Most Accurate Passer in NFL on Attempts >15 Yards --> 58.5%

Lizard King

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to "hide my fist" in your face.

You refuse to acknowledge he played well in the playoffs and was a major reason we won those games. 

Because he wasn't.  He played well for "his standards".  The worst QB in the NFL got dragged to 4 playoff victories then showed his true colors the subsequent 2 years.  He was the biggest reason that, despite starting 8-5 in 2011, we missed the playoffs.  He sucks bro.

With Favre we win 1 or 2 Super Bowls.

Because he wasn't.  He played well for "his standards".  The worst QB in the NFL got dragged to 4 playoff victories then showed his true colors the subsequent 2 years.  He was the biggest reason that, despite starting 8-5 in 2011, we missed the playoffs.  He sucks bro.

With Favre we win 1 or 2 Super Bowls.

very true because Favre won so many SB's and never once choked in a playoff game

Wow, some people just have to keep spending all there energy hating Sanchez, man let it go.  He won those playoff games and as much as you guys want that to not be so it is.  As for Geno everyone hopes he plays well so the Jets win games except a few that just want anyone but Sanchez to play well because it shows they were right about him.

Sanchez never got to play a game under Marty and he never had a coaching offensive mind set like the Jets have now.   

But I know, this line of thinking does not support that the worst QB in the history of the NFL is Mark Sanchez.

Give it a rest

Mark Sanchez is tied for Joey Harrington for being the worst 4-year starting QB's in NFL history.  Somehow you still come back here to defend him.  I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

What do you expect?  It's 11 years removed from Chadwick's single 3/4 of a season looking like a quality QB and he still holds the guy up on a pedestal.  No reason to think he'll pull his head out of his ass regarding Sanchez any time soon.  But I'm not too worried about it, because this is what we want right now.  It's once Pac actually starts defending Geno when there will be cause for concern, because that typically spells doom for any QB.

LOL@Jetsnation   They deleted my thread about this same topic and bump my original post into this thread.  I post it first. Why is it that I'm still getting the rookie treatment?

Take it easy rook, it's called a "merged thread" and they do it all the time around here when there are multiple threads on the same topic on the board, in order to avoid clutter.  Also, BleedGreen314 posted the thread first, which is evidenced by the time stamps on the respective posts (his at 12:19, yours at 12:49).  That is why his is the thread that ended up on top, that's how the board merges threads by default.  It's nothing personal.

I'd like to "hide my fist" in your face.

You refuse to acknowledge he played well in the playoffs and was a major reason we won those games.  Good for you.  You're now a card carrying member of the ilk.

PM Shane and Batesman..  I think you guys have your meetings at the Blue Oyster Bar.

Yeah, ok.  This coming from the guy who still refuses to acknowledge how completely awful Sanchez played in both of the playoff losses.  Or Chad in every single playoff loss of his career.  You really have no room to talk on that front.

Guess I was right when I said you'd go right back to sucking Sanchez off the first chance you had, even after finally turning on him late last year.  Not that it was a particularly difficult thing to call, but it says everything that needs to be said about the merit of your evaluations.

Wow, some people just have to keep spending all there energy hating Sanchez, man let it go.  He won those playoff games and as much as you guys want that to not be so it is.  As for Geno everyone hopes he plays well so the Jets win games except a few that just want anyone but Sanchez to play well because it shows they were right about him.

Sanchez never got to play a game under Marty and he never had a coaching offensive mind set like the Jets have now.   

But I know, this line of thinking does not support that the worst QB in the history of the NFL is Mark Sanchez.

Give it a rest

Or perhaps it's those who feel the need to make a never-ending list of excuse for Sanchez's sorry ass sucking for his entire NFL career who need to give it a rest.  Keep in mind, this only even became a discussion in this thread because of a Sanchez apologist feeling the need to ramble on about his lover, because someone dared to be happy with Mark's replacement.

Lets not drop Sanchez's Value as JETSFANS. HE's a great QB that is injured, that won playoff games on the road At Indy, Cincy,N.E, San Diego. If we want to get at least a 3rd round pick for him, we gotta believe he's the Sanchize. To compensate everything Tanny gave up to move up in the 1st round to get him.

Tannys heart was in the right place, but his drafting skills are head scratchers. to give away half your draft picks to move up a few slots in the 1st round was his theme. In an injury prone league neglecting building depth can get a GM fired.

They only traded their one and two to move up.  It was the players that they gave up.  I don't know how he envisioned competing in the league without the likes of Brett Ratliff, Kenyon Coleman and Abram Elam!

They only traded their one and two to move up.  It was the players that they gave up.  I don't know how he envisioned competing in the league without the likes of Brett Ratliff, Kenyon Coleman and Abram Elam!

The real mistake is that they should have kept Elam and given them Eric Smith's stupid tripping ass instead.  Probably could have picked us up a few extra wins over the course of the following years, just via the removal of the idiotic penalties and having a starter who is constantly falling on his face.

Or perhaps it's those who feel the need to make a never-ending list of excuse for Sanchez's sorry ass sucking for his entire NFL career who need to give it a rest.  Keep in mind, this only even became a discussion in this thread because of a Sanchez apologist feeling the need to ramble on about his lover, because someone dared to be happy with Mark's replacement.

Actually, the first mention of Sanchez in this thread came from Sanchez-hating Geno-apologist, J80. Lol.

Actually, the first mention of Sanchez in this thread came from Sanchez-hating Geno-apologist, J80. Lol.

Ok, fair enough, that's my bad on that one.  I suppose 80 invited the trouble in that case.  That's exactly why I never even bother to bring up Sanchez's name unless someone else does first.  At this point I see him as nothing but a complete afterthought.

Anyway, still can't say I can understand the idea of multiple people feeling the need to rush to the defense of a guy who has shown himself to be just plain awful at playing QB in the NFL when his replacement just had such a fantastic game.  It's a head-scratcher.  To hear "give it a rest" on the heels of rambling defenses about praising supposed playoff success is a tad ironic, especially coming from the same people who spent many years dismissing playoff failures.

Shotty and Sparano are QB killers.  Geno wouldn't be enjoying his modest success with either of them.  And Geno has a long way to go before he can match the type of success Sanchez had in his first couple years.  A loooong way.

Might be the most clueless post in the history of the internet

The real mistake is that they should have kept Elam and given them Eric Smith's stupid tripping ass instead.  Probably could have picked us up a few extra wins over the course of the following years, just via the removal of the idiotic penalties and having a starter who is constantly falling on his face.

Why?  Eric Smith helped us to back to back AFC Championship appearances.

there 1st and 2nd to move up a few slots to draft sanchez who probably would of been on the board when it was jets pick. but anyway . a 2nd round pick is a 95% chance of becoming a starter, You must of forgot what tanny did to get Tim tebow. come on there wasnt a draft that he called the shots that he didnt give up at least a 1/4 of our  draft picks to move up a few slots. why u think he got fired. he neglected Depth. and the JETS are paying for it now. thank god for a few UDFA like snacks and a few late round steals like anotnio allen, and REX is why the JETS are competetive . 

Tanny is a good contract negotiator but a terible  GM. DO u even want me to mention Bret Favre. i didnt think so. Tanny had tunnel vision when it came to april

Shotty and Sparano are QB killers.  Geno wouldn't be enjoying his modest success with either of them.  And Geno has a long way to go before he can match the type of success Sanchez had in his first couple years.  A loooong way.

Can't wait for him to prove you right. The Browns may as well start planning their parade.

1.  Not bad for a raw rookie.

2.  I thought no QB could do well with our lack of weaponz?  That's what the Sanchez apologists told us for years.

Geno just so happened to get here when David Lee and Marty got here. He's in a very good position. Doubt this would be the same with Sparano or Schotty....just ask Sam Bradford. 

The trade for Sanchez was excellent. It's just that the player wasn't.

I dont know about that, i rather take my chances with a 1st and 2nd rounder becoming nfl caliber players then  just a top  10  first round. yeah with Sanchez the JETS made it to 2 afc championships, but with a revis and the way the defense was playing any Qb had a 50/50 of pulling out the upset.

All im saying is JETS never had depth because of Tanny. gave up to much to get the player he needed and wanted. kind of like what the vikings did to get hershal walker from dallas. that  trade is what gave dallas those 3 rings they won in that era. look it up if u dont believe me.

Can't wait for him to prove you right. The Browns may as well start planning their parade.

the browns are winning with a team effort. In such a team sport u can go farther with team effort then talent. The most talented team on paper has hardly ever met expectations, always an unselfish team beats talent. especially in the NFL. U ever heard, thats why u play the game. The Browns and KC are contenders, this year. they are competing as a teaam.

Yeah, ok.  This coming from the guy who still refuses to acknowledge how completely awful Sanchez played in both of the playoff losses.  Or Chad in every single playoff loss of his career.  You really have no room to talk on that front.

Guess I was right when I said you'd go right back to sucking Sanchez off the first chance you had, even after finally turning on him late last year.  Not that it was a particularly difficult thing to call, but it says everything that needs to be said about the merit of your evaluations.

Sanchez lacked killer instinct and leadership. everytime he got off the field to punt, he was like it was no big deal, he had a maybe next time attitude. HE never got in a linemans face or WR like a brady or manning does. thats not a leader that u need leading a team in NYC. HELL NO.

Archived