Should Idzik try and deal for a receiver now?

T0mShane

Idzik try and deal for a receiver now   

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should Idzik try and deal for a receiver now

• No, save the pick and let the season play out
    • Yes; Josh Gordon (for a 2)
    • Yes; Justin Blackmon (for a 2)
    • Yes; Kenny Britt (for a 4th+ conditional future pick)
    • Yes; Hakeem Nicks (for a third)
    • GFY T0mShane

It appears as though the running backs can play, the Ducasse-less OL might be rounding into form, and Cumberland/Keller can give us just enough at TE, but the wide receiver position outside of Jeremy Kerley is putrid. Gates is bad, Stephen Hill is hot and cold, and Holmes plays when he wants to. At 3-2, and with Geno emerging as The Guy, should Idzik take a flier (flyer?) on one of the receivers currently rumored to be on the trading block? They all have major question marks, but they can all play. Would you pull the trigger on one of them to speed up Geno's development?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd go get Gonzo from ATL, and give him a shot at a ring LOL

Julio Jones is done for the year, Roddy White now has a hamstring injury to go with his high ankle sprain that he's been stupidly playing on for 5 weeks. 

That team is in deep doo-doo.

Emphatic no.

Geno just had his first game without multiple turnovers. It was nice to see, but it's still inconclusive. The Jets may still need that 2nd or 3rd rounder for a new QB next year.

... and yeah, aside from being facetious about Gonzo, this is the way I feel.

I would take a flier on Britt but I don't even know if Id go as high as a 4th. They really seem to hate him in Tennessee, Gordon is a guy I loved but after his monster games he's probably too expensive when you also consider his off field crap. I would be all for getting a receiver cause drafting them sucks but no more selfish headcases like Holmes.

Calm down.

Jets need to develop through the draft.  

Gordon is one strike away from one-year suspension.

What makes you think a talent starved team would trade away the 2012 #5 overall pick for a 2nd rounder?

Kenny Britt is terrible at any price plus he's a FA after the year.  Have you watched any Titans games this year?  TRBL.

Hakeem Nicks is injury prone and also in the final year of his contract.  Why give away picks for a player who hits the open market at season's end?

Blackmon or Britt gives them leverage in dealing with the often injured Holmes we need a #1 WR.

Whu?

Holmes is gone after this year - regardless. 

Nothing about wasting a draft pick on Britt or Blackmon gives the Jets leverage. All it does is give them a lap-full of risk, for the potential of catching lightning in a bottle. We don't need either of those guys on this team, we are finally clearing the locker room of the me-first idiots, and getting heart-and-soul guys to replace them.

Where do you come up with this feces?

Hell no.

Save the picks.  With the money available next year and the bounty of picks the Jets should have...offense will be the focal point of the offseason and there is an outstanding WR class in next year's draft. 

This.

A true #1 WR to stretch the field would help Geno Smith Blackmon for the right price.

The Jets aren't having issues stretching the field with the personnel they have now. WTF you talking about? 

You speak in Sportcenter clichés... don't even make sense. 

We need a burner a possession WR who can run the post open up the running game.

You just said we need a true #1 WR in your previous post, now you are saying in the same sentence we need a burner, who is also a possession receiver.

These are 3 different TYPES of receiver, and each label is a cliché right out of the mouths of Sportscenter toolbags like Berman. If such a receiver existed, his name would be Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Dez Bryant... you get the picture (maybe)... and wouldn't be available for a ******* mid-season trade for scrap draft picks.

You want a possession receiver? You go after a guy with a limited skill set like Greg Little. You want a burner you go after 1-dimensional guy like a Robert Meachem. You want a true #1 WR that can play the role of "stretching the field", while also "being a burner" and a "possession receiver" and you have to go after a Megatron type of talent. 

Teams don't typically give that sort of talent away for peanuts UNLESS they have an impending season-ending suspension or injury on the horizon.

I think you may be the least knowledgable poster on this board right now. Would be good for you to read more, post less - learn something perhaps.

Jacksonville is desperate they just might deal Blackmon.

Jacksonville isn't desperate. Where are you coming up with this garbage?

Jacksonville is executing on the strategy to end up with Bridgewater. There is no chance in hell that that team is trying to win games, so where does this desperation come from? 

LMFAO 

Jacksonville isn't desperate. Where are you coming up with this garbage?

Jacksonville is executing on the strategy to end up with Bridgewater. There is no chance in hell that that team is trying to win games, so where does this desperation come from? 

LMFAO 

They are desperate to get rid of crap maybe.  They suck, so unless they get some #1 pick back, why would they trade away a guy who could help them in the future.  

most teams weren't making moves like the Browns.  The Jags suck, probably will wind up 1-15, and they'll draft a QB with the #1 pick.   Why trade away their potential star WR just to trade him away.     I just dont' see it happening.

Archived