Cimini: Cro Hurt

CrazyCarl40

@RichCimini: CB Antonio Cromartie suffered non-contact knee injury today in practice, taken for MRI, per sources. Team concerned. Story posted soon. #nyj

Yikes.

Update (added by Max)

Sounds look a good update!

https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/388522229912600576

Cromartie MRI shows hyperextended knee, not serious, per source. Status for Sunday uncertain. #nyj

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Revis has been getting beat like a rented mule this year compared to what he was.

Playing in a totally different defensive scheme in Tampa Bay playing more zone than man coverage. Id take Revis back anyday of the week and Schiano just might make the deal. Our defense would be more elite than it already is.

Playing in a totally different defensive scheme in Tampa Bay playing more zone than man coverage. Id take Revis back anyday of the week and Schiano just might make the deal. Our defense would be more elite than it already is.

1) Our defense isn't elite. It's good.

2) You're actually serious about trading our future number one for one year of Revis? Seeing as how we already know he won't sign the contract we previously offered, it seems fairly absurd. 

Cimini writing "concerned" is what tips me off; he obviously got it from someone in the organization and if the team is worried, then it means the trainers already pre-diagnosed it as an ACL most likely.  

Maybe the stiff we took out of Bama will decide to play this week

1) Our defense isn't elite. It's good.

2) You're actually serious about trading our future number one for one year of Revis? Seeing as how we already know he won't sign the contract we previously offered, it seems fairly absurd.

I think its Elite we have the best DL in the NFL.

Yes Revis is a sure thing draft picks aren't and we still have Milliner and Richardson.

I think its Elite we have the best DL in the NFL.

Yes Revis is a sure thing draft picks aren't and we still have Milliner and Richardson.

I think baked ziti shouldn't make you fat, but that doesn't make it so. The defense is good and could be great, but they're still allowing entirely too many points (15th in the league) and not making the big stop when it matters.  All of that aside, trading our #1 for a one year rental of Revis is the worst idea I've seen you mention.

I think baked ziti shouldn't make you fat, but that doesn't make it so. The defense is good and could be great, but they're still allowing entirely too many points (15th in the league) and not making the big stop when it matters.  All of that aside, trading our #1 for a one year rental of Revis is the worst idea I've seen you mention.

Not a rental we will have the money to sign him to a cap friendly deal and make him a Jet for life something he wouldn't refuse.

Let's not overreact, we don't even know the extent of the injury yet. With that said, I read on twitter that he was carted off, eek.

If it's not an ACL, then Richie has a public flogging to take as you do not write "non-contact knee injury" and "team is worried" without having an understanding of the severity, knowing full well everyone will assume it's an ACL tear. There's a handful of manipulations and tests you can run to know roughly with 99% certainty that it's a torn ACL without the MRI, which is why the "team is concerned" from Richie is a bit damning. Hoping it's not though.

Trade Tampa Bay our #1 for Revis we will have the money to sign him long term.

Common Willie you are smarter than what we seen from you lately.  First you wanted the Jets to get rid of our only consistent DB this year in Darrin Walls and now you want them to pay Revis 16 Millions? Thanks God you are with us playing GM.   :wild:  

doesn't matter, he's rated like 97th

I read it on the innernets

He has been horrible all year from getting torched in the season opener by V. Jackson to the last game by JJ.   Every single game he has been beat badly and few times saved by drops.  Oh yeah, according to Pro Football Focus he is rated 97th out 104 CB and I believe it as I been saying it here all the time.  His caps number will do wonder for us if the Jets go after safety Jairus Byrd and CB Vontae Davis. 

I'm told that Antonio Cromartie's knee injury is not season ending. Not overly serious. However, his status vs Steelers is in doubt #nyj

I had a sneaking feeling Richie was doing this for hits, but if true, that's even low for him.  He knows full well that putting together the two phrases he did, equates to an ACL injury and it just reeks of sensationalism. 

Ummmmm Revis is under contract for 5 years

Ummmmm Revis is under contract for 5 years

Well **** me then.  It was one of those times where I was typing something under the impression that my thoughts were either already typed or made aware to everyone that I was talking to.  I was operating under the assumption that there's no way I'm paying $16 million per year for a CB, so it'd be strictly for a one year rental. I blame preoccupation, but I'll take my penance, that was a major gaffe. It's still beyond a ridiculous idea though.

Archived