Adrian Peterson's 2 Y/O Son Beaten Unconscious by Mother's Boyfriend; In Critical Condition

Lizard King

Im sure the mother is a real stand up citizen too. 

Terrible. 

yeah I was thinking that as well..  I'm sure there were plenty of signs that this piece of sh-t shouldn't be around her son.  she should have told that scumbag she never wanted to see him again the first time he showed any aggression towards the kid.  ridiculous.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only people that punishes are the ones that have to care for him after the fact.

You beat or harm a child in any way, you are of no good to this Earth. You should be killed. There's enough people on this planet, we don't need the rotten ones.

Deaths too pleasent. Let him rot in prison, if our taxes gotta go towards keeping these people alive anyway I'm more comfortable with it knowing somebody like thats life is a living Hell.

Different people heal different ways, sitting there dwelling on awful doesn't make it better. He's had some rough sh*t happen all throughout his life and football has probably always been his family/outlet. I'm not going to criticize him for wanting to play.

thats why i said i won't criticize him bc its not my place and to each his own...and like you say....every one copes/heals with things differently than the next guy....i just personally wouldn't leave my kids side.  

yeah I was thinking that as well.. I'm sure there were plenty of signs that this piece of sh-t shouldn't be around her son. she should have told that scumbag she never wanted to see him again the first time he showed any aggression towards the kid. ridiculous.

He had a long history of abuse, she should be considered an accomplice

yeah I was thinking that as well..  I'm sure there were plenty of signs that this piece of sh-t shouldn't be around her son.  she should have told that scumbag she never wanted to see him again the first time he showed any aggression towards the kid.  ridiculous.

I'm reading that the kid was left alone with the boyfriend and that their relationship was fairly new....where the ef was the mother?? 

WHAT THE ******* **** is wrong with people. Jesus Christ.

Prayers for the little guy. This sh*t is unacceptable. I'd Aaron Hernandez the sh*t out this guy.

I THINK you could have picked a better murderer. Surely you wouldn't want to lose everything for this POS. 

To be honest, it's impossible to speculate what could be going through his mind - or if he's even functioning thoughtfully - I don't hold it against him though. I'd be in such a state of heartbreak, fear and rage, I don't know what I'd do, where I'd be... he might just be in shock, tbh

I agree and I'm just talking here not being in his shoes at all....who knows what me, you, or any of us would do...being hit w news like that about your kid is something you can never prepare for...

let'a not jump the gun, I'm not seeing that anywhere else yet. the sad part is we're only hearing about it cause it's AP. this kind of stuff goes on every day and nobody notices.

My current placement is in a facility that does the initial forensic interviews in cases like this... You have no idea. Though, honestly, I haven't seen it with a 2 yr old and we don't get the cases where they die. This is terrible and I hope the high profile nature does something to raise awareness.

The only people that punishes are the ones that have to care for him after the fact.

You beat or harm a child in any way, you are of no good to this Earth. You should be killed. There's enough people on this planet, we don't need the rotten ones.

Good point.  You're right.  Burn mother burn.

Who do the Vikings play this weekend?  I sure as hell wouldn't want to be the guy who has to tackle Adrian Peterson, with a legal means to physically (and violently) vent his emotions right now.   Flashbacks of Favre after his father passed. 

"Patterson called 911 to report a choking on Wednesday evening, but Lt. Blaine Larsen of the Sioux Falls Police Department said it became clear at the hospital that the boy’s injuries were not accidental."

So i guess after he beat the poor kid he called 911 and tried to play it off as if the kid was choking on some food or whatever and thats why he was unconsious.  Fckn scumbag

We don't know anything about the environment he is in, how do you know this isn't the first time the guy ever hit her or her kid? We are all just speculating 

Bond set at $750,000 for man accused of assaulting Sioux Falls toddler Posted: Oct 10, 2013 11:05 PM EDTUpdated: Oct 11, 2013 2:21 PM EDT

23664005_BG3.jpg

Adrian Peterson's two-year-old child is in critical condition after an assault, the Pioneer Press confirmed with Peterson's father.

Sioux Falls Police say they responded with EMS to a call for a medical emergency Wednesday night at an apartment in the 6200 block of South Connie Avenue.  When they arrived, they found a child who was not breathing and rushed the child to an area hospital.

At the time of the incident, the child was being watched by Joseph Robert Patterson, 27.  Police say no one else was in the home at the time.  Patterson is the boyfriend of the child's mother.

While at the hospital and during treatment, police learned the child had injuries that were consistent with abuse.  

In a phone interview with the Pioneer Press, Nelson Peterson, Adrian's father, said the injured boy is not Adrian Jr. but is a grandson.

"All I can say is, we are asking for prayers and for respect for our family as we deal with this tragic situation," Nelson Peterson told the Pioneer Press.

Bond was set at $750,000 for Patterson, who is charged in Lincoln County with aggravated assault and aggravated battery on an infant. Since the incident occurred in Lincoln County, the case will be handled by the Lincoln County State's Attorney. State's Attorney Wollman said he is also seeking to revoke two suspended sentences against Patterson. One for simple assault and the other for violating a domestic abuse bond agreement. 

Feel free to hit me hard if you think  Im off base here but..........

If Im a millionaire superstar athlete there is NO FVCKING WAY my son is living in an apartment complex with some douche bag loser my ex is shacking up with.

Im spending ANY amount needed to get full custody and get him in a healthy environment.

What the fvck was AP thinking????

If Im a millionaire superstar athlete there is NO FVCKING WAY my son is living in an apartment complex with some douche bag loser my ex is shacking up with.

Im spending ANY amount needed to get full custody and get him in a healthy environment.

I here on that man but who knows what the real deal is ya know....and i'm sure he would have if he could ever envisioned something like this happening..... which I'm sure he couldn't.  He probably didn't even know of this guy dating his sons mother.

it has very little to do with what AP was thinking.  it has everything to do with the Douches that work for DCF, and the family court system.

Mama is probably getting $10,000 + a month from AP to love and protect his infant son.  She leaves him alone with a guy who has a history of domestic abuse, either against her or another women.

If the child lives , which right now is very doubtful, she will probably get custody again in the near future.  

it has very little to do with what AP was thinking.  it has everything to do with the Douches that work for DCF, and the family court system.

Mama is probably getting $10,000 + a month from AP to love and protect his infant son.  She leaves him alone with a guy who has a history of domestic abuse, either against her or another women.

If the child lives , which right now is very doubtful, she will probably get custody again in the near future.  

the fckn system man i tell ya.....burn it down!

Give this guy a chum bath & then drop him into the shark tank.

A 2 year-old.  A freaking 2 year-old.

He should also get his a$$hole cauterized shut and dunk his balls in chum before dumping him in the shark tank.

Adrian Peterson's 2-year-old son killed after alleged beating by mother's boyfriend The Minneapolis Star Tribune reported that Peterson's two-year-old son died Friday afternoon, two days after allegedly suffering injuries at the hands of 27-year-old Joseph Patterson. Comments (152) BY KEVIN ARMSTRONG / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS PUBLISHED: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2013, 11:31 AM UPDATED: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2013, 6:17 PM

AP PHOTO/THE STAR TRIBUNE, ELIZABETH FLORES  

Adrian Peterson practices with his team hours before his son dies, the victim of child abuse.

A two-year-old son of Vikings running back Adrian Peterson died at a Sioux Falls, S.D. hospital Friday morning after allegedly being beaten by his mother’s boyfriend Wednesday evening at the boyfriend’s house, according to police.

The boyfriend, Joseph Robert Patterson, 27, was charged with two felonies: aggravated battery of an infant and aggravated assault. After the death, South Dakota State’s Attorney Thomas Wollman told the Daily News that his office will be “looking at additional charges” now that the child has died.

patterson-1-1011.jpg KELOLAND.COM Joseph Robert Patterson, 27, is charged with aggravated battery of an infant and aggravated assault.

“Very, very tragic event,” Wollman told the News.

Patterson is currently being held in Minnehaha County Jail. Bond was set at $750,000 cash during a hearing on Friday morning. He is next scheduled to appear in court on October 23, but Wollman expects a grand jury to return an indictment before then.

vikings-peterson.jpg AP PHOTO/ARGUS LEADER, JOE AHLQUIST Joseph Patterson (c.) leaves the Lincoln County Courthouse after a hearing on Friday.

“My office will be reviewing police reports and medical reports,” Wollman said. “There are other DUIs and assaults, but this is tops of the list. Very sad.”

patterson-1-1011.jpg FACEBOOK Joseph Patterson faces up to 40 years in prison if found guilty of killing Adrian Peterson's son.

Sioux Falls Police and EMS responded to 6201 South Connie Avenue, Apt. No. 118 for a medical emergency at 5:46 p.m. on Wednesday. The child was unresponsive and rushed to an area hospital for treatment.

Patterson was the caregiver for the child at the time, and no one else was home, according to police. While the child was treated at the hospital, it was learned the child had sustained bodily injuries not considered to be accidental and consistent with abuse.

JAMIE MCDONALD/GETTY IMAGES Adrian Peterson last played for the Vikings against the Pittsburgh Steelers during the International Series in London.

On Friday, Wollman’s office filed motions ordering Patterson to serve two year-long sentences that had been suspended in two prior domestic cases. One was for a simple assault case and another for violating an order to stay away from the victim in that case.

JIM PRISCHING/AP Adrian Peterson plans on playing for the Vikings Sunday against the Panthers.

Peterson did not attend practice on Thursday, but requested privacy regarding the matter when talking to reporters in the team’s locker room. He intends to play against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday.

"I really appreciate all the support that I've been receiving from fans, the Vikings organization," Adrian Peterson said. "This is a private matter and I would ask you all to please just respect my privacy and not ask at all about the situation at hand."

Peterson’s father, Nelson, requested prayers.

"All I can say is, we are asking for prayers and for respect for our family as we deal with this tragic situation," Nelson Peterson told the St. Paul Pioneer Press.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/peterson-leaves-vikings-critically-injured-son-report-article-1.1482734#ixzz2hSItmPmV

Archived