Kellen Winslow suspended for PED use

Matt39

Any chance the Sudfeld signing happened because we knew this was coming down the pike?

Might be, but all the jawing about Sudfeld, we'll still see more of Gato's favorite JAG, Konrad Reuland.  

That theory will hold up right up until Garrard gets busted for the same thing. Lol.

'

It stands up if Brady Quinn gets busted for the same thing.

LOL, so you feel that the drugs didn't have any effect on his being able to still play in the NFL after the injuries due to the fact that everyone else in the league is on the same thing?

That if everyone got off the 'roids the same people would all be in the league, just that everyone would be slightly slower and less muscular?

Winslow calls suspension a “huge surprise”

Posted by Mike Florio on October 11, 2013, 5:55 PM EDT

Winslow

AP

And the streak of NFL players suspended for use of PEDs but who didn’t intend to use PEDs continues, unbroken.

Jets tight end Kellen Winslow says he didn’t know he had ingested a banned substance.

“It came as a huge surprise to me when I learned that I tested positive for a banned substance,” Winslow said in a statement, via Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com.  “I have investigated all possible sources since learning of the positive test, including possible medical causes but frustratingly, I do not know the source.  I do not take supplements that list any banned ingredients, but NFL policy is very strict so I am accountable for the results.  I sincerely apologize to my teammates, coaches and Jets fans for this situation I will work extremely hard during this time away from the field and look forward to contributing as soon as the suspension end.”

So instead of claiming that he took a supplement that had been spiked or that he took Adderall (which had become the non-stigmatizing PED), Winslow has basically played the “I tested positive but didn’t cheat” card.

Winslow calls suspension a “huge surprise”

Posted by Mike Florio on October 11, 2013, 5:55 PM EDT

Winslow

AP

And the streak of NFL players suspended for use of PEDs but who didn’t intend to use PEDs continues, unbroken.

Jets tight end Kellen Winslow says he didn’t know he had ingested a banned substance.

“It came as a huge surprise to me when I learned that I tested positive for a banned substance,” Winslow said in a statement, via Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com.  “I have investigated all possible sources since learning of the positive test, including possible medical causes but frustratingly, I do not know the source.  I do not take supplements that list any banned ingredients, but NFL policy is very strict so I am accountable for the results.  I sincerely apologize to my teammates, coaches and Jets fans for this situation I will work extremely hard during this time away from the field and look forward to contributing as soon as the suspension end.”

So instead of claiming that he took a supplement that had been spiked or that he took Adderall (which had become the non-stigmatizing PED), Winslow has basically played the “I tested positive but didn’t cheat” card.

does he have ADHD?

Archived