Anyone watching the Pats game?

Irish Jet

Them Ryans is clutch

When you are agreeing with Matt, you know things have gone south. You guys are letting your hatred for Rex completely blur your judgement.  The saints stopped Brady dead nuts two times in a row with less than 3 minutes left; that's on the offense and coaches for not sealing that win, I mean those three and outs by Brees were pathetic.  Where's the vitriol for Payton and not having his offense get just one first down to seal the game?  

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blame Ryan's D, but the offense failed also. 

I think they felt burned buy the 3rd down inc  pass on the FG drive, so they just decided to run it up in there and see what happens.  if #28 doesn't throw the pats player oob, they run out of time

When you are agreeing with Matt, you know things have gone south. You guys are letting your hatred for Rex completely blur your judgement. The saints stopped Brady dead nuts two times in a row with less than 3 minutes left; that's on the offense and coaches for not sealing that win, I mean those three and outs by Brees were pathetic. Where's the vitriol for Payton and not having his offense get just one first down to seal the game?

The Ryans are supposedly defensive savants, yet they're ritually exposed time and again at the end of games. Who gives a f#ck what happened prior when, with less than five minutes left, teams go down the field to beat these alleged geniuses like they're the Washington Generals? You can celebrate all the third inning home runs you want. Give me the guy who's getting the single to win the game in the bottom of the ninth.

The Ryans are supposedly defensive savants, yet they're ritually exposed time and again at the end of games. Who gives a f#ck what happened prior when, with less than five minutes left, teams go down the field to beat these alleged geniuses like they're the Washington Generals? You can celebrate all the third inning home runs you want. Give me the guy who's getting the single to win the game in the bottom of the ninth.

Nice baseball analogy aside, his defense did stop Brady and company 3 times in the last few minutes of the game. Payton is the supposed offensive genius and with one of the best QBs in the league can't muster one extra first down to seal the game? That offense gave Brady three drives in the last 3.5 mins, you're acting like Brady drove 90 yards to score the winning touchdown.  It just seems a bit hypocritical how you guys are crucifying Rob and his defense to somehow validate your distaste for Rex and yet ignore Payton and his offense falling flat on their faces with the game on the line.  I could care less who's at fault this game, but you can't put this squarely on the defense or Rob.

Nice baseball analogy aside, his defense did stop Brady and company 3 times in the last few minutes of the game. Payton is the supposed offensive genius and with one of the best QBs in the league can't muster one extra first down to seal the game? That offense gave Brady three drives in the last 3.5 mins, you're acting like Brady drove 90 yards to score the winning touchdown.  It just seems a bit hypocritical how you guys are crucifying Rob and his defense to somehow validate your distaste for Rex and yet ignore Payton and his offense falling flat on their faces with the game on the line.  I could care less who's at fault this game, but you can't put this squarely on the defense or Rob.

It doesnt seem to matter. Didnt you hear? The answer is to have Geno go out and throw the ball 60 times next week to a bunch of guys that dislocate their fingers trying to catch it.

is the saints defense better this year ?

would the jets defense suffer if rex left ?

Nice baseball analogy aside, his defense did stop Brady and company 3 times in the last few minutes of the game. Payton is the supposed offensive genius and with one of the best QBs in the league can't muster one extra first down to seal the game? That offense gave Brady three drives in the last 3.5 mins, you're acting like Brady drove 90 yards to score the winning touchdown. It just seems a bit hypocritical how you guys are crucifying Rob and his defense to somehow validate your distaste for Rex and yet ignore Payton and his offense falling flat on their faces with the game on the line. I could care less who's at fault this game, but you can't put this squarely on the defense or Rob.

If you're going to beat your chest over being great defensive savants as the Ryans do, and you're giving up THE points to lose games, you deserve to be drilled. Agreed that there's enough blame to go around today, but Rob bears the brunt because he was the last one with a chance to win the game.

btw the Patriots were given 4 timeouts in the second half....the sh*t that goes on in that dump with their scumbag owner is absurd. The entire stadium was empty too.

oh snap

just looked up gamecast.  it shows 3 NE timeouts.  where id you hear that ?

is the saints defense better this year ?

would the jets defense suffer if rex left ?

The entire Saints team is better because their head coach is back from suspension. Rob Ryan got thrown out of Dallas last year because his defense did repeatedly last year what his Saints defense did today.

If you're going to beat your chest over being great defensive savants as the Ryans do, and you're giving up THE points to lose games, you deserve to be drilled. Agreed that there's enough blame to go around today, but Rob bears the brunt because he was the last one with a chance to win the game.

In today's NFL, 3 stops against anyone in the last 3.5 minutes is very good.

The entire Saints team is better because their head coach is back from suspension. Rob Ryan got thrown out of Dallas last year because his defense did repeatedly last year what his Saints defense did today.

Is the Dallas defense playing better this year?

but rex........

When you are agreeing with Matt, you know things have gone south. You guys are letting your hatred for Rex completely blur your judgement.  The saints stopped Brady dead nuts two times in a row with less than 3 minutes left; that's on the offense and coaches for not sealing that win, I mean those three and outs by Brees were pathetic.  Where's the vitriol for Payton and not having his offense get just one first down to seal the game?

Rex Ryan's fault.

bills lost

tampa lost

giants lost

raiders lost

I was at the ole miss game watching Johnny football perform his magic at the end of the game, the jets lost, pats win by last second td, and I am getting creamed in fantasy football.

Rex is ok. Decent coach. I just think the defense has become stale and when we play QB's who have seen the defense before, its just like playing any other defense.

We have one interception this season. The defense doesnt force turnovers and have struggled with this since rex has been the coach. You need you're defense to occasionally make plays. Teams certainly do against us.

I'll give you that, but I've heard less of the Ryan's beating their chest and more of others doing it for them as of recent. They've done it in the past for sure, but it always seems like it's the defense coaches will take more heat and the offensive guys getting to place the blame on them. If we're to hold Payton and other offensive coaches to the same standards as we do Rex, then I would place this more on his shoulders as he only needed to pick up one first down and the game is over, but instead they give Brady the ball back three times at about midfield. You do that enough and you're just asking to lose. Again, I don't particularly care why they lost the game, I just feel if we end up with a solely offensive coach, we'll be seeing sh*t like that on the regular too.

Honestly, none of it matters until we find a QB like Brees or Brady (at least a top 10 QB) and until we do, we'll just find new and different ways to lose. 

btw the Patriots were given 4 timeouts in the second half....the sh*t that goes on in that dump with their scumbag owner is absurd. The entire stadium was empty too.

Only 4? LOL

4 timeouts, speeding up the game clock, scoreboard shenanigans. You would think the NFL would catch on by now.

Fox had the Pats with two timeouts the entire 4th qtr.

The clock always runs longer in Foxboro when the patriots need some more time, always.  Still, there's no excuse for Brees not getting at least one first down to ice that game. That was pathetic. It pains me to see the patriots win, especially like that.

Archived