Mike Evans has replaced Marqise Lee on my want list

BroadwayJoe12

Marqise Lee came into the season as my number one target for the Jets to grab, but due to injury and the elevation of Mike Evans' game, the two have swapped places in my mind.  While I love everything that Lee brings to the table, Evans has not only brought his game to a new level, he does things that I want in a receiver that our Jets haven't had in over a decade.  

I said to keep an eye on him week 1 and he has gone above and beyond anything that I thought he could do; not only is he physically dominating dbacks at the point of attack, he's actually creating separation that I didn't think he was capable of.  He's Vincent Jackson, but with a bit of Jimmy Graham in him.  Kids gonna put up 1500 and 15 this year.

Doesn't change directions particularly well so I kind of question the scheme fit with Hill already playing the deep threat role. Just a guess, but I think he'll have the most success playing a big bodied slot WR role a-la Colston in New Orleans or what Vincent Jackson occasionally does in Tampa. I think Mornhinweg would be creative enough to make it work provided he proves he can either separate at the NFL level or be able to rag doll the better athletes he'll see in the league at least almost as well as he does in college.

Yea Mike Evans is the clear #1 receiver for this years draft. Watkins is nice but he disappeared last year with deandre hopkins there and Mike Evans was a standout from the start. I agree with the V-jax comparisons.

If Jets keep playing this way we wont get him for sure lol. Evans is going in the top 10 no question about it.

I'll settle for Watkins or Lee though!

Meh, still looking like it should be Sammy Watkins to me.

To be clear, this is my attempt at reverse jinxing the universe so that Marqise Lee falls to us. Lee is still without a doubt my favorite receiver, but Evans and Watkins are gonna be great players as well, same with Landry and bekham.

Seriously, give Geno Lee and Ebron and call it a day.

To be clear, this is my attempt at reverse jinxing the universe so that Marqise Lee falls to us. Lee is still without a doubt my favorite receiver, but Evans and Watkins are gonna be great players as well, same with Landry and bekham.

Seriously, give Geno Lee and Ebron and call it a day.

Ebron looks really good. I know ASJ had a lot of hype before the year and Amaro is getting a lot now, but right now I think I like Ebron the best. He's physical as a blocker despite his size, moves really well for a tight end, and goes up to get the ball. I've seen people question his ability to make contested catches which I haven't gotten a good look at yet and it'll be interesting to see if he needs to put on weight/how he handles additional weight if he does. But there's definitely a lot to like. He's made some spectacular catches/plays this season, and I think his time playing DE for UNC has helped him out as a blocker.

I'm curious to see what kind of TE they want in this offense long-term (provided MM stays on). I know there were rumors they really liked Kelce who was more of a big guy who could block and had sneaky speed than a guy with special movement skills. But if Ebron consistently blocks as well as I've seen, maybe they're looking less for size and more for the blocking ability and he could work. I do think MM could use him quite well if they stay in this system, and he has a lot of after the catch ability for a tight end.

Ebron looks really good. I know ASJ had a lot of hype before the year and Amaro is getting a lot now, but right now I think I like Ebron the best. He's physical as a blocker despite his size, moves really well for a tight end, and goes up to get the ball. I've seen people question his ability to make contested catches which I haven't gotten a good look at yet and it'll be interesting to see if he needs to put on weight/how he handles additional weight if he does. But there's definitely a lot to like. He's made some spectacular catches/plays this season, and I think his time playing DE for UNC has helped him out as a blocker.

I'm curious to see what kind of TE they want in this offense long-term (provided MM stays on). I know there were rumors they really liked Kelce who was more of a big guy who could block and had sneaky speed than a guy with special movement skills. But if Ebron consistently blocks as well as I've seen, maybe they're looking less for size and more for the blocking ability and he could work. I do think MM could use him quite well if they stay in this system, and he has a lot of after the catch ability for a tight end.

I was wondering the same thing about the types of TEs we're looking for and the notion that we were interested in Kelce, could be a big reason why we claimed Sudfeld.  He's supposed to be a good to plus blocker at the TE position and having run a 4.7 for his 6'7 frame, he has the ability to be a threat in the passing game as well. I hope we hold onto him, because this is the type of developmental prospect you want, not f*cking Hayden Smith. This is what Smith should have been.

Archived