Official 2013 World Series Thread - Boston vs. St. Louis

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carl, you know in your heart of heart's that the Ortiz/Arod double standard is a joke.

I think the way A-Rod handled his situation is a joke.

I think your implication that Papi is on something is a joke.

I think the character of both guys as people has differentiated the way in which fans cheer or boo these men. Also, the circum stances in which both were named or caught are so vastly different, that you cannot compare the two.

I think the character of both guys as people has differentiated the way in which fans cheer or boo these men. Also, the circum stances in which both were named or caught are so vastly different, that you cannot compare the two.

Of course you can compare them since they both did steroids. (Though only one of them ever failed a test...) But baseball has such a hardon for arod that they are buying evidence against him from drug dealers with suitcases full of cash and Ortiz is apparently the face of baseball. it's hilarious. 

Of course you can compare them since they both did steroids. (Though only one of them ever failed a test...) But baseball has such a hardon for arod that they are buying evidence against him from drug dealers with suitcases full of cash and Ortiz is apparently the face of baseball. it's hilarious. 

I'm not going to de-rail this further with your trolling but there is no proof Ortiz did steroids. He just popped on an ANONYMOUS test for a banned substance. Let's get back to baseball.

Oh so the real outrage is that we found out, not that he did them. 

Other than twisting the other fan base's t!ts..who cares?

No one cares except for baseball purists whose logic is flawed.

This is the single most delusional statement in the history of the Internet. Born from pure, blind hypocrisy.

This is the single most delusional statement in the history of the Internet. Born from pure, blind hypocrisy.

I disagree.

The way A-Rod handled it and the general perception of him is why Ortiz is beloved and A-Rod is loathed by everyone to include his own fan base. 

Fair?  No, but this is the world we live in.  Be likable and screw up?  Forgiven.  Be an a-hole?  Sorry.

Ok- then there's no reason to suspect Arod either.

At any rate- I dont care who's using and who isnt. If I had to guess Id say Ortiz is. Good for him.

Except for the whole Biogensis thing.

I agree.  Maybe, the Bo Jackson's of the world can get by on natural talent, but the remaining .0001% need something.

Baseballs over finally? lol. I got into it with some old timer trying to lecture me at the bar monday that I'm supposed to be watching the World Series and pretty much got a standing ovation when I chased him out. He was giving anyone sh*t who wanted to get football on any of the 12 different TV's. Well, I guess congratulations Carl. I'm going to cry now if the Penguins win.

Archived