So much for the myth...

stoicsentry

Yes, that was a total team win. Only thing that's concerning is that was the Pats B team.

David Nelson, and Cribbs support the idea that we are not necessarily bringing out a seasoned unit either. Rookies, new guys and UDFA's all over the place round here. 

Rex deserves enormous credit for the win today...but why are you pointing to the part where they let Brady drive down the field at will to set up the FG to put the game into OT? 

Brady with 2+ minutes left, 3 timeouts, down by 3.

How many teams can you name that don't give up at least a FG, and more likely a touchdown in that scenario?

Brady with 2+ minutes left, 3 timeouts, down by 3.

How many teams can you name that don't give up at least a FG, and more likely a touchdown in that scenario?

Yeah, It's the fact that you're trying to "celebrate" Rex for it, which you're way off on. He did a great job coaching today, that 2 min drill was probably the part you'd want to forget.   

Um.... the offense throwing the ******* ball when they should have been running the clock certainly didn't help much.  Neither did their leaving points on the field, but that wasn't down the stretch.

No way can you blame them for that imo. No way. There was way too much time on the clock. And after last week's Saints game. You're home, you have the lead. I like the balls to throw it. Wish they dialed up a better play on second down though. 

No way can you blame them for that imo. No way. There was way too much time on the clock. And after last week's Saints game. You're home, you have the lead. I like the balls to throw it. Wish they dialed up a better play on second down though. 

Actually I blame them for doing it the way they did.  I'm not sure how much was on Geno.  I don't have a huge problem with passing, but on both downs and I'm not a fan of the plays.  I like the fact they showed some balls

Um.... the offense throwing the ******* ball when they should have been running the clock certainly didn't help much.  Neither did their leaving points on the field, but that wasn't down the stretch.

Loved it...but not on second down.  You have to run and take the clock down to the 2 minute warning there.  Also, Geno was snapping the ball with 6-8 seconds left on the play clock during the drive.  Not kidding, probably left 20+ seconds on the game clock by not taking down the play clock to 1 or 2 before the snap.

You have to be aggressive vs. the Pats in that situation.  2+ minutes with all his timeout is a cake walk for Brady vs. just about any D in this league. If Cumberland holds on, the party started right then and there.

Still should have run on 2nd though.  

The Defense held the Pats to 1 for 13 on 3rd downs, had 4 sacks, 2 FF, a pick six and kept Brady out of the endzone.  Tip your hat to them, they played great. 

Loved it...but not on second down.  You have to run and take the clock down to the 2 minute warning there.  Also, Geno was snapping the ball with 6-8 seconds left on the play clock during the drive.  Not kidding, probably left 20+ seconds on the game clock by not taking down the play clock to 1 or 2 before the snap.

You have to be aggressive vs. the Pats in that situation.  2+ minutes with all his timeout is a cake walk for Brady vs. just about any D in this league. If Cumberland holds on, the party started right then and there.

Still should have run on 2nd though.  

The Defense held the Pats to 1 for 13 on 3rd downs, had 4 sacks, 2 FF, a pick six and kept Brady out of the endzone.  Tip your hat to them, they played great. 

Meh, they had all 3 time outs.  shouldnt be a problem for tommy terrific expecially against our horrible defense.

Not trying to turn this into a whole big thing but I have to say im ******* tired of these kind of statements. The week before we play them, every team is playing great but then once we beat them it "oh but they kinda suck" haha

You can say this about almost every ******* team this year except the Broncos. Its tiring hearing this. Last week when Pats beat the Saints ppl couldnt say enough about them...now we win and its the B team? Lol Funny.

+1.

I'm sick of this too.

We listen to fans of other teams who say we suck at this or that, and we nod our heads and say, "Yes, that's true".

Then sometimes we beat these highly rated teams, and we turn on ourselves and say, "Well if so and so had held onto the ball here or if this guy doesn't get called for a penalty there we would have lost,  so we were just lucky to win".

How many games are there that a couple of key plays don't turn the game around?  Not many.

Jets fans have been criticized so often that we feel we have to completely blow out the other guy before we can be proud of our team.

Bullsh*t, we won!

In the same vein, remember last year when Tannenbaum went on Francessa's show and said Mark Sanchez wasn't so bad because his receivers are not good and several of the games we lost were real close, could have gone either way?

Tannenbaum got crucified in here for saying that a close loss is somehow not that bad.

Now we have Jets fans claiming that a close win is somehow not that good, and people are accepting it.

that Rex's defense never shows up when it matters most. Holding Brady to a FG to end regulation when Brady is practically a sure thing in those situations...

Then giving up only 1 1st down in OT before forcing a punt...

2 times in a row, Rex's defense showed up against a legendary QB when it mattered most.

they did and its great ...I wish they would do it more :) Maybe with this young front 7 we will see more of this .

Archived