Game ball thread. Cribbs, Nelson, Kerley, Geno, Allen,Mo

eboozer

and entire Jets "D". Didn't hear Wilson called for PI once today(a miracle) Milliner did ok as well

i wouldnt give the defense a game ball at all. if it weren't for the, ONCE AGAIN, sh*tting the bed when it matters most, we never would have needed some bs penalty to get a game winning fg in ot

Don't forget the offensive line.  They played brilliantly for most of the game.  Patriots knew we were running every play on that last drive, and they still failed to stop us from getting into or near field goal position to win.

I thought Geno (wow), Kerley (clutch), Nelson (where did he come from), Ivory, Mo, Allen (wow), Davis and a few others on defense all had very good performances today.  The thing is though that defense had some breakdowns and didn't generate enough pressure on Brady imo.  That said, we won.  

I also liked the playcalling on offense except for that last drive when I would have thrown at least once or twice on second or third down.  We were given a gift with that penalty, and in my opinion the conservative playcalling almost negated all that we did positive on offense during the game.

Hill's penalty was a bad call that went against us anyway so the Patriots can't cry about that call...  

Still, this team is 4-3 with a rookie QB and tons of young players on the roster. 

I still get mad at Rex for undisciplined play (read: penalties) and other things, but you have to give him some credit.

Marty M. and David Lee have done a nice job putting Geno in a position to win too. 

We might even sneak a win in the next two weeks.

Go Jets.

Kerley - if it werent for Geno's pick six, I'd give it to him...but Kerley was a beast.  I think 5/6 of his 8 catches were for first downs and the other was a TD. Geno missed him a couple of times too.  He was open all day.

Allen - The front 7 was solid but Allen was great on Gronk today.  Yes, Gronk got his...but a lot of those catches werent when Allen was actually on man coverage...he's was getting him released by a LB'er.  Pick 6 was a momentum shifter...it was all Jets from there.

Folk - with no disrespect to Cribbs, the guy has been clutch.  I'm not going to kill him for the missed 56 yarder that didnt count.  He stepped up an made the next one which was over 40 on a windy day.

Also liked Ivory, think I'm the only god damn Jets fan that's liked that move from day 1. :lol: 

Wrong dude - I said that was money if he had any semblance of health. Thus far he's held up  - for the most part

i wouldnt give the defense a game ball at all. if it weren't for the, ONCE AGAIN, sh*tting the bed when it matters most, we never would have needed some bs penalty to get a game winning fg in ot

There are plenty of points in the game where we could place blame on both sides. Pace should have had a pick 6 and that would have ended the game. But if Cumberland would have pulled in that TD that McCourtey knocked from him we wouldnt have even gone into OT. If Cumberland caught that pass on 3rd and 10 with a bit more than 2 mins left in the game it would have given us a 1st and 10 and we would have ran the clock out or at worse forced NE to use their time outs. If Hill would just use his height and jump up for the ball during his TD that was called back for OPI we wouldnt have had to go to OT. 

Thats the game of football bro. 

BS penalty? You mean like the one on Hill?

And yeah, the D did give up couple of FGs towards the end of the game, but it gave Brady just 20 pts in almost 5 qtrs even with Gronk having another huge day. We basically gave away 6 pts in the last 3 qtrs.

Btw, did the D sh*t the bed in OT?

Ftr I don't think a Qb should get a game ball in a game they threw a pick six in, but overall Smith showed more development.  His calls deciding to run were well timed and took what the D was giving.  He looked better and more comfortable in the pocket., too.

But for the game balls, I think:

Allen.  Great coverage on Gronkowski, and the pick six turned the game. 

Kerley.  Seven catches for first downs, and special effort here and there, as part of overall 8 catches. 

Ivory.  Perhaps the best thing we saw yesterday.  I have noticed Powell has been cooling off, and now Goodson is out for the season, so just in time Ivory carries the ball with authority.  Awesome.

Folk.  So he missed a 56 yarder.  This guy is money this year.

Special mentions to David Nelson, Mangold and the DL.

BS penalty? You mean like the one on Hill?

And yeah, the D did give up couple of FGs towards the end of the game, but it gave Brady just 20 pts in almost 5 qtrs even with Gronk having another huge day. We basically gave away 6 pts in the last 3 qtrs.

Btw, did the D sh*t the bed in OT?

no actually the defense had a good series in OT. my point is about the continuing habit the defense has to npot being able to seal a win late in the game. they take the field needing to protect a lead and too often relinquish that lead. if this were jus a once in a while occurrence I wouldn't mention it. but it's been a trend for a few years now

no actually the defense had a good series in OT. my point is about the continuing habit the defense has to npot being able to seal a win late in the game. they take the field needing to protect a lead and too often relinquish that lead. if this were jus a once in a while occurrence I wouldn't mention it. but it's been a trend for a few years now

Whereas I agree with u somewhat, most defenses slow down towards the end of the game. I think some of it should be attributed to the CS for playing soft in such situations. I won't fault it for keeping the Brady out of the EZ in the air.

Archived