Man this win pisses me off.

SenorGato

What pisses me off is that if we finished these stiffs off in Foxboro we'd be in first ******* place right now.

Best thing about the win, is just how much Geno has evolved as a Qb since week 2.  You can actually see where he makes adjustments from week to week: I've seen him protect the ball much better when running for a first down, he's developing that internal clock where we saw him step up into the pocket on plays where he would have drifted back a month ago and then this week I saw him air balls a few yards into the sidelines after his attempt of throw away last week got picked-off.  He made one very poor throw today, which looked more like he was expecting Nelson to run a dig and settle in and not drift as much and other than that played pretty darn well. His completion percentage will probably be thrown in his face, but he had to have dirted 4 balls and threw another 4 or 5 out of bounds.  Really like what I'm seeing from him, especially after tough losses.  A win next week would not only show he can be consistent, but the team as a whole.

I approve. Quite honestly I was taken back when I jumped on this site after I watched the game. Thought there would be more positivity.

Did you really though? With all these whiners on here. I wasnt surprised at all.

Nothing the Jets do is ever enough.

Wish we paid Revis, yo. Paying dividends in TB.

no getting into the fact that if w ehad revis we wouldn't have richardson and yadda yadda yadda.....but if this defense as is currently constructed was able to add revis we might be able to vault up into the great category

I'd like to see Geno with actual weapons. Kearly is a great slot guy, Cumberland is up and down, Hill is awful, Nelson's a Jag. Plus a very average at best run game. Geno's doing this on his own often, some of the third and long conversions are clutch. You'd never get that from Failchez.

no getting into the fact that if w ehad revis we wouldn't have richardson and yadda yadda yadda.....but if this defense as is currently constructed was able to add revis we might be able to vault up into the great category

If we had revis, we may not have drafted milliner. Could still have had richardson, but the money is the biggest issue, as we knew

I'd like to see Geno with actual weapons. Kearly is a great slot guy, Cumberland is up and down, Hill is awful, Nelson's a Jag. Plus a very average at best run game. Geno's doing this on his own often, some of the third and long conversions are clutch. You'd never get that from Failchez.

KEEP your weapons talk to lesser threads, please. This is a thread lambasting the further plummet of this franchise, THE SIGNS OF DEMISE, that this game offered. 

Best thing about the win, is just how much Geno has evolved as a Qb since week 2.  You can actually see where he makes adjustments from week to week: I've seen him protect the ball much better when running for a first down, he's developing that internal clock where we saw him step up into the pocket on plays where he would have drifted back a month ago and then this week I saw him air balls a few yards into the sidelines after his attempt of throw away last week got picked-off.  He made one very poor throw today, which looked more like he was expecting Nelson to run a dig and settle in and not drift as much and other than that played pretty darn well. His completion percentage will probably be thrown in his face, but he had to have dirted 4 balls and threw another 4 or 5 out of bounds.  Really like what I'm seeing from him, especially after tough losses.  A win next week would not only show he can be consistent, but the team as a whole.

Eh.  That pick was pretty atrocious.  I screamed "NO!" before he let it go, so I don't think there was miscommunication, but I may have been projecting.  I like what I have seen, but this was a pretty piss poor D they were playing.  This team may not have the best weapons, but that have plenty enough to beat the Pats depleted D like a drum.

Eh. That pick was pretty atrocious. I screamed "NO!" before he let it go, so I don't think there was miscommunication, but I may have been projecting. I like what I have seen, but this was a pretty piss poor D they were playing. This team may not have the best weapons, but that have plenty enough to beat the Pats depleted D like a drum.

Then Brady did it.

It happens. Especially to a rookie.

And what happened with Saints against that depleted D. More excuses for every team we beat! Good stuff.

Eh.  That pick was pretty atrocious.  I screamed "NO!" before he let it go, so I don't think there was miscommunication, but I may have been projecting.  I like what I have seen, but this was a pretty piss poor D they were playing.  This team may not have the best weapons, but that have plenty enough to beat the Pats depleted D like a drum.

It was a terrible throw, without a doubt, but it's the only glaring mistake I saw intermixed with a lot of positives: he's certainly developing week to week. That throw to Nelson reminded me a lot of the interceptions thrown at Holmes: I'm not sure if Geno expected Nelson to be able to body-up the guy who's half a foot shorter than him out or what, but it's not like he misread a trap play. I'm not really sure what he was thinking there.

10000% agree! Maybe Bucs cut him bc he ain't gonna help that team much moving forward....but clearly, he could help this team....maybe he will come back and take 7-9 million a year

It was a terrible throw, without a doubt, but it's the only glaring mistake I saw intermixed with a lot of positives: he's certainly developing week to week. That throw to Nelson reminded me a lot of the interceptions thrown at Holmes: I'm not sure if Geno expected Nelson to be able to body-up the guy who's half a foot shorter than him out or what, but it's not like he misread a trap play. I'm not really sure what he was thinking there.

Yeah.  I'm not trying to piss on anyone's parade.  I like what I've seen and I'm encouraged, I'm just not sold on the guy yet.  He certainly seems resilient, though the sack he took right after the INT was also pretty lame.  I thought he was getting ready to fold, but he came right back.  I credit Mornhinweg for much of that too.

Archived