Jets close to deal for Josh Gordon?

joewilly12

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess the Browns came to their senses. It's either a one or no go on a deal.

If the Jets make a trade within the hour I'd expect it to be for a DB.

It was never happening...I reported this weeks ago.  Lombardi wanted a 1st.  He wasnt available for anything less. 

http://nesn.com/2013/10/nfl-trade-deadline-live-kenny-britt-jairus-byrd-fred-davis-among-players-who-could-be-on-move/

Gordon, Nicks, Tony Gonzalez appear to being staying put.  Boring trade deadline.

3:29 p.m.: It appears at least three of the top trade targets leaguewide will be keeping their current addresses for the time being. Josh Gordon and Hakeem Nicks aren’t going anywhere after both were rumored as prime targets over the past few weeks, according to Adam Schefter. The Falcons also seem set on keeping tight end Tony Gonzalez, which is in line with their initial stance on the future Hall of Famer.

Gordon is worth the #1  there wont be a decent WR left when we choose late in round 1 anyway.

It's hard to know that to be honest. This draft is going to have a lot of top end Tackles, couple of blue chip OLBs and a run on QBs, it wouldn't at all be surprising to see guys like Lee, Watkins and Evans fall to the late teens or early 20s where we'll probably be drafting. None of these guys, with the exception of Watkins are really going to blow the roof out of the combine and seeing as how Lee has had a down year with Kiffin doing his best to get him killed combined with sh*tty QB play, we could really luck out and get our Dez Bryant or Thomas in the 20s. That's not to mention a plethora of receivers that can be had in the 2nd or 3rd round that have are fairly polished and have a lot of potential; Matthews, Landry, Bekham etc. Gordon is a stud, but if we're able to find our own in this draft, it will be that much better for our team.  Just gotta hope our scouting department nails it.   

Nope, need to save those draft picks for the ILB who will be BPA on our draft board.

We've never valued ILB in our 34 very highly, rightfully so, and seeing as how our starting ILBs are 2nd and 3rd round picks, I don't see what would lead you to believe we'd do that.  I get the post is sarcastic, but it's factually inaccurate. We do however need to think about drafting an ILB to take over for Harris, so we can get that albatross of a contract of the books.

Edit: Never valued them high as far as targeting them in the draft, Tanny giving Harris that contract was just an epic failure.

It's hard to know that to be honest. This draft is going to have a lot of top end Tackles, couple of blue chip OLBs and a run on QBs, it wouldn't at all be surprising to see guys like Lee, Watkins and Evans fall to the late teens or early 20s where we'll probably be drafting. None of these guys, with the exception of Watkins are really going to blow the roof out of the combine and seeing as how Lee has had a down year with Kiffin doing his best to get him killed combined with sh*tty QB play, we could really luck out and get our Dez Bryant or Thomas in the 20s. That's not to mention a plethora of receivers that can be had in the 2nd or 3rd round that have are fairly polished and have a lot of potential; Matthews, Landry, Bekham etc. Gordon is a stud, but if we're able to find our own in this draft, it will be that much better for our team.  Just gotta hope our scouting department nails it.   

good post. 

In addition to the bolded, I also wouldn't mind now if Gordon continues to explore the medicinal properties of cannabis.  Any year-long suspension at this point is going to be egg-on-face for the Browns.

We've never valued ILB in our 34 very highly, rightfully so, and seeing as how our starting ILBs are 2nd and 3rd round picks, I don't see what would lead you to believe we'd do that. I get the post is sarcastic, but it's factually inaccurate. We do however need to think about drafting an ILB to take over for Harris, so we can get that albatross of a contract of the books.

Edit: Never valued them high as far as targeting them in the draft, Tanny giving Harris that contract was just an epic failure.

Was being sarcastic, but don't forget signing Bart Scott to a big free agent deal as well. With both Scott and Harris, who Rex both loved, it would have been hard to justify drafting a ILB when you have to stockpile CB's and Dlineman.

this team has needs at every level except D-Line

save the the picks and build to be consistently competitive

oh yeah, thats what idzik said the plan was when he was hired

Again, this wouldn't have been breaking from that plan. Gordon is a 22 yr old pro bowl caliber receiver. Not that it matters now anyway haha

this team has needs at every level except D-Line

save the the picks and build to be consistently competitive

oh yeah, thats what idzik said the plan was when he was hired

Great plan, but true playmakers mask a lot of other deficiencies in this league. At some point you need explosive playmakers on offense. It makes everyone's job a lot easier. You can save the picks all you want, but if you don't land a playmaker on offense we won't be real contenders ever.

Again, this wouldn't have been breaking from that plan. Gordon is a 22 yr old pro bowl caliber receiver. Not that it matters now anyway haha

....who is 1 strike away from a year long vacation.  the other GM's aren't stupid.  they want to trade away headaches for picks.  guys with baggage.  

sign FA's to fill needs and draft BPA.  that's the plan.

Great plan, but true playmakers mask a lot of other deficiencies in this league. At some point you need explosive playmakers on offense. It makes everyone's job a lot easier. You can save the picks all you want, but if you don't land a playmaker on offense we won't be real contenders ever.

trades have risk, FA's have risk, draft picks have risk

I'd love about 9 playmakers on offense, just not turds with baggage

We've never valued ILB in our 34 very highly, rightfully so, and seeing as how our starting ILBs are 2nd and 3rd round picks, I don't see what would lead you to believe we'd do that.  I get the post is sarcastic, but it's factually inaccurate. We do however need to think about drafting an ILB to take over for Harris, so we can get that albatross of a contract of the books.

True, but I've always heard that ILBs in a 3-4 alignment are not generally considered 1st round picks anyway since they have to take on OL, plug gaps in the run game, and aren't real playmakers.

When has our scouting dept. ever let us down?  :winking0001:

Seriously, good post.  Hopefully, those WRs will drop and we will snatch one of them up.

Archived