Sign in to follow this  
joewilly12

Jets close to deal for Josh Gordon?

I'd rather have our 1st, two thirds and Josh Gordon than our second, two thirds and whatever player we draft to play receiver with our 1st, assuming we use the 1st on a receiver. These guys don't just become players right off the boat.

Edited by Gastineau Lives

I'd rather have our 1st, two thirds and Josh Gordon than our second, two thirds and whatever player we draft to play receiver with our 1st, assuming we use the 1st on a receiver. These guys don't just become players right off the boat.

In short, you will trade our 2nd for Gordon?

AJ Green and Dez Bryant sure did... wish we would hit gold on a player like that.

AJ Green and Dez Bryant sure did... wish we would hit gold on a player like that.

WR Marquice Lee in the first round and TE Serafin-Jenkins in the second round.  Fixed.

In short, you will trade our 2nd for Gordon?

Totally. We would hopefully be drafting at 20 or lower. We're on the way to drafting 20 as it is. We'd keep our first and still have Tampa's high third, plus our own. The difference between Tampa's third and our second might be ten or twelve spots.

Totally. We would hopefully be drafting at 20 or lower. We're on the way to drafting 20 as it is. We'd keep our first and still have Tampa's high third, plus our own. The difference between Tampa's third and our second might be ten or twelve spots.

I agree

Edited by Patriot Killa

Its probably why Idzik is pushing for a trade. We need a #1 WR and the way its going we won't be in position to draft someone like Lee unless we trade up... which I doubt.

Prefer this isn't a high pick for him, though that's pretty vague.  A "high" pick isn't necessarily a first (or they'd likely call it a 1st).  But it probably means it isn't a 3rd rounder as I think most call that a mid-round pick.

If it's a 3rd, I'm all for it (we should have 2 of them anyway, and Gordon can step right in with no 2-3 year break-in period). A 2nd is hard to say given his history.  If not for his being a complete jackass and 1 offense away from a 4+ game suspension, talent-wise he's probably worth a 2nd.

Give them our 3rd round pick, keep Tampa's 3rd rounder and sign me happy.

Hate to give up a 2nd but this kid is having a good year.  And Tampa's 3 is not going to be that far from our 2 like you said.

Idzik shouldn't make any decision that counts on getting Tampa's third round pick. They could talk to him about cutting him for a couple days, then bringing him back to keep the higher pick. There's no cap hit, and very little risk that some else would swoop in at the $16M mark.

#Idzikbaum

I haven't really followed the NFL other than the Jets the last two seasons, so I don't know too much about him outside of his stats. If he's a legit #1 and is going to be under contract then absolutely I'd trade for him. As long as it's a move that will benefit us long terms and isn't a quick upgrade for this season based on being 4-3.

Idzik shouldn't make any decision that counts on getting Tampa's third round pick. They could talk to him about cutting him for a couple days, then bringing him back to keep the higher pick. There's no cap hit, and very little risk that some else would swoop in at the $16M mark.

#Idzikbaum

Yeah because Tampa is a paradise and Revis deals in good faith all the time.

Yeah because Tampa is a paradise and Revis deals in good faith all the time.

The condition that determines whether Tampa gives up a 3 or a 4 shouldn't've been something as easy for Tampa to manipulate as him being on the roster one specific day. Tampa gave him a contract that makes it very easy to do.

#vilmapartdeux

The condition that determines whether Tampa gives up a 3 or a 4 shouldn't've been something as easy for Tampa to manipulate as him being on the roster one specific day. Tampa gave him a contract that makes it very easy to do.

#vilmapartdeux

It's Idzik's world; we're just living in it. If Tampa cuts Revis, he'll flee and Tampa will have even more egg on their faces.

It's Idzik's world; we're just living in it. If Tampa cuts Revis, he'll flee and Tampa will have even more egg on their faces.

This.  The Bucs have enough problems, I don't think they add one more.  And if they do it?  Whatever, we still get an early 4th.  Anything is gravy after landing Sheldon Richardson anyways.

What information do you have that enables you to judge how close it is?

" Teams are approaching Cleveland, who is balking"

I don't need to insult you by explaining 'Teams' means more than one, 'approaching' implies that the Browns aren't shopping him, and that Cleveland 'balking' suggests that they aren't happy with the offers.

" Teams are approaching Cleveland, who is balking"

I don't need to insult you by explaining 'Teams' means more than one, 'approaching' implies that the Browns aren't shopping him, and that Cleveland 'balking' suggests that they aren't happy with the offers.

It doesn't imply the Browns aren't shopping him.  There were rumors that the Browns were looking to move him right after the Trent Richardson trade.  Whether they trade him or not probably comes down to which team offers up a 1st rounder.

It doesn't imply the Browns aren't shopping him. There were rumors that the Browns were looking to move him right after the Trent Richardson trade. Whether they trade him or not probably comes down to which team offers up a 1st rounder.

Right but absent some sort of verification, there is no reason to think that the Jets are close to landing him. They aren't even the only dog in the hunt.