Sign in to follow this  
joewilly12

Jets close to deal for Josh Gordon?

Our most glaring weakness is at WR. We have not had a young, stud #1 WR in eons. Josh Gordon represents exactly that. Who in the league has greater potential to become a top 5 WR in the league than Josh Gordon? Not many. He is only 22 and already flashed brilliance on an NFL field with garbage throwing him the football. The kid can be a great one. I would do what it takes (within reason) to make it happen. I see Coples as an expendable piece right now. The guy does not have a position on this team and has looked sluggish this year. If CLE is interested, I'd offer him and a 3rd, and prob go as high as a 2nd.

WE NEED A BIG TIME WIDEOUT.

You could put Nicks, Cruz, Tony Gonzalez and Adrien Peterson out there and it wouldn't matter. We have a young QB who is still learning the game and how to maintain a pocket. He's getting there tho.

There's no way to ever know so its dumb to argue but I disagree. That team would probably be undefeated at this point since Geno wouldn't be throwing as much and he would have guys that can actually catch the ball more consistently.  

I agree with you, I rather have the Browns keep him and instead trade Jordan Cameron to us.  I don't think this organization can go on with another skill WR being a head case.  Don't get me wrong, I will be on board if Idzik throw away a third for Gordon.

Every WR1 in the NFL worth rostering is a headcase. 

Browns fan here... I've watched every snap of Gordon, most on coaches film, and I can tell you that at least football wise, the guy is easily worth a top 10 overall pick. His hands are not outstanding (not bad overall) and he's not one of those guys that goes up and takes the ball away from 3 defenders like Calvin Johnson. But outside of that, he is Calvin Johnson. He's one of those rare guys that looks like he's moving 3/4 speed all the time, but he's cruising past fast corners. He gets tons of room on slants because they are scared to death of him. He restructures the defense. The QB play in Cleveland has been as bad as anywhere in the league the entire time he's been here, that's the only reason he isn't putting up insane numbers. Folks thinking this gets done with a couple 3rd's or a second-- the ONLY way that happens is if the Browns already believe he's headed for a year off. Just with the between the lines stuff, and considering he's already developed nicely out of his rookie year and has all of his rookie (2nd round) contract left, easily worth a top 10. Figure the purple drank discount from that, but figure in that he seems to be a good locker room and press guy which is fairly rare for a real #1WR.

Just chiming in so you guys don't hang yourself if you end up giving a first. I think whatever WR you would draft with that next year would have less potential and just as much risk.

--and just so you don't think I'm a Cleveland guy overvaluing our own talent, I would have taken a 3rd or even 4th for Trent Richardson, who is physically talented but simply has no understanding of what NFL holes are.

Hello Brother!! Go Browns!!!

ive never written a post that long in my life. He's the smart one. I'm the cool one. We're like a two headed brown monster.

I thought I was your brown monster?

Guys, relax.  What Crusher and I have is special.  It cant be duplicated.  You cant force these things.  Our love blossomed organically. 

Guys, relax.  What Crusher and I have is special.  It cant be duplicated.  You cant force these things.  Our love blossomed organically. 

But you can literally spend years forcing all the guys on the interwebz to listen to you yammer on about it, eh?

Crusher likes me better than you, it's not even close. You're just going to be the last to find out.

Organically sounds too much like CTM and he ruins everything.  Let's go with candy coated and smothered in bacon.

My sources are saying the trade talks are winding down.  There was never any real interest to trade Gordon unless a unrealistic offer was on the table. Lombardi's a boob.  He thinks he could have got another 1st. 

IIRC, Revis is essentially on a year-to-year deal that pays him $16 mil to be on the roster on opening day. No guarantees. If the Bucs cut him, he's a UFA.

It may be essentially year to year, but it is not actually year to year.

He'd still have to clear waivers in order to start negotiating with him on a new contract rather than the Tampa one.

Revis would carry a lot of risk in fielding offers if Tampa is willing to re-sign him for $16M again.  They could say if he starts to negotiate with other teams then they're rescinding their offer and his next-best offer could (and probably would) be for millions less.  Not worth the risk so he'd just play ball and re-sign with them if they dangled another $16M season.