Four things I've liked from Rex this year.

T0mShane

Don't encourage him. :D

I don't think there's been any sea change with Rex this year. He's been growing for years. He did bench Sanchez last year. It's just that there was nothing behind him. I think he'd play Holmes if Holmes made himself available, and I think he should because Holmes is still the most talented player the Jets have on offense. But I do think Rex realizes for certain that he can't coach everyone. He won't bring in the bad character guys anymore. He got rid of Mason during the season, and let Plaxico go after the season, and has gone a couple years now without bring those guys in.

He seemed to come to the conclusion that he needed to tone it down before Idzik's arrival, and he was talking about opening it up on offense before he hired Mornhinweg. This has been a natural evolution, not a directive, and it's been in the works for a while now. It's more obvious this year because they finally have someone competent running the offense, and a QB who's at least playing better than Sanchez. The players all say Rex is the same guy behind the scenes, and they love him for it.

The only time Rex has actually started to lose me was not benching Sanchez soon enough last year.

Archived