Stephen Hill is done here...

CobraVerde

Really disappointed in him. How has he not produced??! Time to start scouting...

What???? He cant be done here (sarcasm), because I've said this since the draft and people keep making excuses for him. Jeremy (slot receiver) Kerley is now our #1 receiver over Hill. Alshon Jeffery, the guy who should have been a Jet, is playing well out in Chicago. Dude is an absolute non-factor. 

What the F*** is the point of all that speed if you cant catch? What the F*** is the point of all that speed if you cant run routes or have any type of awareness on the field. How are you that fast yet have no elusiveness whatsoever? Stephen Hill is the worst. 

What???? He cant be done here (sarcasm), because I've said this since the draft and people keep making excuses for him. Jeremy (slot receiver) Kerley is now our #1 receiver over Hill. Alshon Jeffery, the guy who should have been a Jet, is playing well out in Chicago. Dude is an absolute non-factor. 

What the F*** is the point of all that speed if you cant catch? What the F*** is the point of all that speed if you cant run routes or have any type of awareness on the field. How are you that fast yet have no elusiveness whatsoever? Stephen Hill is the worst. 

its called stupidity

Same reason why MOST WR's don't produce in the middle of their 2nd year at the age of 22!

yeah cause they suck. Dont give me this he needs time to produce, he's a WR. Most wrs that are decent show up immediately in the league and it's not like the rest of our team has all stars. He should be our best WR not Kerley. Explain that. he's barely targeted during the game. 

its called stupidity

I believe so. Its not like I hate Hill, I hate the fact that we passed on established talent for Hill. How does a guy who was only 40 college catches more than I do (and I never even played college ball) gets drafted that high? There are several other skills that a WR needs to win match ups at this level such as route running, body control and CATCHING THE BALL. This dude does none of the above at a pro level and he never showed it at a college level either which is why I've been so disgusted with this pick for years. The pick had nothing to do with scouts or "scouting" it had to do with Megatron and Demaryius Thomas Fantasies. 

This is why the Jets are rarely respected and rarely win. 

yeah cause they suck. Dont give me this he needs time to produce, he's a WR. Most wrs that are decent show up immediately in the league and it's not like the rest of our team has all stars. He should be our best WR not Kerley. Explain that. he's barely targeted during the game.

How long have you been watching the NFL? Seriously, most WR's until recently, and HOF's don't do jack sh*t until at least year 3, and others even longer, again don't blame Hill because the Jets depth chart says he should be the #1 WR, that's not on Hill that is on the Jets front office.

I feel you, he's not a LB'er. As a consolation, Coples is the guy who hurt Brady's hand, which imo contributed to that win last week. lol. 

Coples looks like a wasted number one as does Milliner. Kyle Wilson once again is beaten deep and NEVER TURNS HIS HEAD. Jets secondary is pathetic and Brees will light them up next week as Jets begin to show true level. Jets have had just two first round players since 2009 that have actually played like a first round pick. Mo Wilkerson and Richardson. Coples and I have a lot in common - our pass rush skills (and I am 56) and Milliner has as much field awareness as my wife. So many first round failures.

HOF WR Chris Carter had a grand total of 44 catches his 1st 2 years, and 45 his 3rd year.

Vincent Jackson had 30 total catches his 1st 2 years, and 41 his 3rd year.

Roddy White had 59 total catches his 1st 2 years, and 83 his 3rd year.

Donald Driver had 37 total catches his 1st 3 years, and then 70 in year 4.

HOF WR Micheal Irvin had 78 career catches his 1st 3 years, and then 93 year 4.

And trust me you can keep going with these lists, the number of great WR's who started their careers slow FAR out numbers the number who were great from the beginning!

HOF WR Chris Carter had a grand total of 44 catches his 1st 2 years, and 45 his 3rd year.

And trust me you can keep going with these lists, the number of great WR's who started their careers slow FAR out numbers the number who were great from the beginning!

Do you know that you can do FAR MORE of those same numbers regarding WR's who have busted out? We all understand that there is a learning curve for the position, but stop pretending like Hill is showing ANY SIGNS of life here. Dude is a #2 WR behind Kerley, who was taken just a year before him. Kerely led the Jets in receiving yards last year and this will be his second. He doesnt have all the "measurable" that Hill has, but what he does have are "WR skills". 

Big difference. 

Keep going and stay busy

Really disappointed in him. How has he not produced??! Time to start scouting...

He may be fast running a straight line, but football has these squiggly things called "pass routes" and you kind of have to be a certain pace at a certain times a certain amount of yards deep. Hill can't do any of these things consistently but boy is he fast. Clyde Gates was fast too, and where is he now?

I'd take him out back and shoot him.

I just don't get it either man, if it was 2 years from now, and this is how he was playing get a seat warm for me on the train, but come on some guys just don't get it, and then you understand why most won't try a TRUE rebuild in NY, the fans, and MEDIA won't let them, they kill them at every step, and every bump in the road. I get the in game thread reactions those are spur of the moment, emotional responses, but to keep banging the drum all week, and year about these young kids who need 2-3 years to develop properly, but are not getting the chance to do it in the shadows like most do because the Jets roster is so depleted.

Give the young kids a break, and not just S. Hill, ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!

He may be fast running a straight line, but football has these squiggly things called "pass routes" and you kind of have to be a certain pace at a certain times a certain amount of yards deep. Hill can't do any of these things consistently but boy is he fast. Clyde Gates was fast too, and where is he now?

And he has only been running these "passing routes" for 18 months, and is 22 years old, give the kid 3 years before quitting on him, should he be counted on right now to be a #1 WR, or even a #2 WR? Hell No, but that's on the Jets front office not him.

Stephen Hill not the answer ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Trust me, he's the answer. Its the "measurables". Oh, and by the way, do you see his "measurables"? lmao. Men lie, women lie, measurables dont lmao! 

I mean, lets be serious. So what if Alshon Jeffery is competing with Brandon Marshall to be the top dog in Chicago. Have you seen his fat college picture??? TERRIBLE! 

Alshon-Jeffrey-Is-Fat_original.jpg?13341

This is the stupidity I've heard from Jets fans over the years. Alshon Jeffery has more receiving yards than Marshall right now, meanwhile Jeremy Kerley has more receiving yards than Stephen Hill. Hill is a f'ing bust who shouldnt have been drafted over Alshon Jeffery. 

Come on, he's 22 guys as another poster said, so at 22 your not supposed to be able to catch the football just yet or understand the playbook, it's just too early in his life for such expectations...  When he's 25ish, then he'll know how to catch better and remember the playbook...ok, maybe 26 for the playbook.

Archived