Milliner will start vs. Saints

JustInFudge

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8325

Coach Rex Ryan said CB Dee Milliner will start against the Saints on Sunday.
Milliner was benched for the second time this season against the Bengals last Sunday. He surrendered four catches for 108 yards and one touchdown to Marvin Jones and the Bengals, per Pro Football Focus. "He's close to being player we want," Ryan said. "By the time the season's over, he's going to be best corner in this year's draft." Rookie corners often face the toughest transition to the NFL. Oct 30 - 2:52 PM

Kyle Wilson is the best corner on this team, but yes, thats probably an awesome play too.  lol

According to the other thread, Walls, the 4th corner, is the best.

Stills doesn't get as many snaps as Colston, Moore, etc. If Graham is limited, Moore is the best route runner so he'll probably have a good day, especially PPR wise.

Sproles out of the back field will probably bounce back.  Weird to say, but I'd start all of the Saints, except maybe Pierre Thomas unless it's PPR.

Don't we do that already?

I don't think they've been blitzing as much as they have in the past. At any rate, I'm saying to send the house. If Brees has any time at all to throw, it will be 35 or 42 points given up by half time with that secondary.

What's the record for most passing yards in a game?

Ask that again after Sunday's game and you'll have your answer.

BTW, I think that O'Brien, Marino shootout is close. Marino had over 500 yards (in a losing effort, IIRC) and O'Brien had over 400

Dee_MillinerRex Ryan is standing behind 1st round draft pick Dee Milliner.  After Milliner had a rough outing against the Bengals, Rex told the media today that the rookie cornerback would start Sunday against Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints.

Yes. I think with Dee (Milliner), when I went back, I watched that tape, he’s a lot closer than I think given credit for. He’s close to being that player that we want. I will say this, by the time the season’s over, I think he will be the best rookie corner and playing better than any rookie corner in this year’s draft. I don’t think there’s any doubt. We anticipate that. He was the number one cornerback selected, but that’s how we feel about him. I think he’s close. I really do.

Ryan was asked why he still has confidence in Milliner…

I just see him getting better. I do. And I know how bad he wants it. All facets, schematically, he’s not making the mental errors, so I think that’s a big thing. And just his technique, I see his technique coming. Now he just needs to have some success tied along with it, and I think that’s what’s missing, get an interception or two and I think he’s going to be good. He’s a smart young man. He wants it and I think he’ll get there.

Dee Milliner faces a tough challenge against Brees and he expects to be targeted.

Yes, always. I’ve put on film that plays get over me here and there. He watches film. He’s one of the great quarterbacks in today’s game. He’s going to be out there and of course I’m the new kid out there so he’s going to look to attack me on things.

See what other NY Jets fans are saying in our

Ask that again after Sunday's game and you'll have your answer.

BTW, I think that O'Brien, Marino shootout is close. Marino had over 500 yards (in a losing effort, IIRC) and O'Brien had over 400

The game that made Matt Flynn all that money: 

Stafford had 520 + Flynn had 480 = 1000 yards

11 passing TDs that game also.  Crazy.  Game didn't even go into OT like the '86 game you're referencing.  

The game that made Matt Flynn all that money: 

Stafford had 520 + Flynn had 480 = 1000 yards

11 passing TDs that game also.  Crazy.  Game didn't even go into OT like the '86 game you're referencing.  

I came across something I long forgotten. Namath and Unitas combined for 872 yards one game with Joe passing for 496. I know that's not close to the record, but considering the era that they played in you could argue this was a greater feat.

I came across something I long forgotten. Namath and Unitas combined for 872 yards one game with Joe passing for 496. I know that's not close to the record, but considering the era that they played in you could argue this was a greater feat.

Crazy thing was Joe got that on barely more than a dozen completions.

Dee_Milliner-300x252.jpgRex Ryan is standing behind 1st round draft pick Dee Milliner.  After Milliner had a rough outing against the Bengals, Rex told the media today that the rookie cornerback would start Sunday against Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints.

Yes. I think with Dee (Milliner), when I went back, I watched that tape, he’s a lot closer than I think given credit for. He’s close to being that player that we want. I will say this, by the time the season’s over, I think he will be the best rookie corner and playing better than any rookie corner in this year’s draft. I don’t think there’s any doubt. We anticipate that. He was the number one cornerback selected, but that’s how we feel about him. I think he’s close. I really do.

Ryan was asked why he still has confidence in Milliner…

I just see him getting better. I do. And I know how bad he wants it. All facets, schematically, he’s not making the mental errors, so I think that’s a big thing. And just his technique, I see his technique coming. Now he just needs to have some success tied along with it, and I think that’s what’s missing, get an interception or two and I think he’s going to be good. He’s a smart young man. He wants it and I think he’ll get there.

Dee Milliner faces a tough challenge against Brees and he expects to be targeted.

Yes, always. I’ve put on film that plays get over me here and there. He watches film. He’s one of the great quarterbacks in today’s game. He’s going to be out there and of course I’m the new kid out there so he’s going to look to attack me on things.

See what other NY Jets fans are saying in our

using rex's logic i shoudl be banging megan fox in the next month or so. i want it really bad

Archived